Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AntiMoon

Mathis signs 5 yr 25 mil deal

9 posts in this topic

With the Eagles. Fire back up the Winston hunt.

I have thought all along that their best option would be to sign Winston to play RT and move Oher inside to play G.Oher is 6'3 and he doesn't have that wide wingspan like a Gaither so he can't occupy space to peel off that outside pass rusher.That's why he's having all those false starts he has to compensate for his lack of size with quickness and positioning in order to deal with the pass rush.He is a dominant run blocker and has the perfect size and strength combo to deal with interior lineman.

Oher can be a good NFL RT, but a dominant OG.

Starting to think free agents are resenting Oz's low ball efforts................

The Ravens have a system that works pretty well. I think they are not going to spend a lot on a G right now, because where they are drafting, top quality guards may be on the board. while many other positions won't be.

Told you. :o

For such a 'model franchise'....seems you can't give away deals this offseason. Confederate money must run in the 'family'. :rwb:

Mathis was lowballed because he should be lowballed. He's a stop-gap guard ala Chris Chester who's been with 4 teams in 6 years. 2011 was his 1st solid year. Eagles overpaid and now KC has seriously overpaid Winston. I'm actually proud that the Ravens have a GM that didn't cave to either of them.

Right player, right price. They'll no doubt be a couple of guards as good as the journeyman Mathis in the cutdown, never mind the draft.