• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

"We have to upgrade the offensive line," Ravens coach John Harbaugh saud during the owners meetings Tuesday at The Breakers hotel in Palm Beach, Fla. "I don't even know if we have a full complement of linemen to be on our 53-man roster right now."

Thanks for the update, John. :D

http://www.baltimore...,0,183887.story
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

Maybe if he'd have tried to mix in a couple OLs w/all those STers he signed last week.....wouldn't be quiet the issue it is now.

Oh wait.....:o

#3 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

And for the 8 billionth time in franchise history they will pretend to upgrade the line by moving players out of position. :rolleyes:

Will Reid at guard last shorter, longer or as long as lazy, quitter but real nice guy Ed Mulitalo at right tackle? How about Oher at left tackle?

#4 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Must admit they screwed the pooch so far. That's what happens when you over invest in aging personnel. Father time may rear his ugly head if they don't get some givebacks. This from a true Ravens fan.

#5 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

I still question the team's handling of Gaither. We've been playing a shell game with the offensive line ever since he left.
Maybe he makes things work in san Diego. The guy could play, but needs the right coaching and psyhcology.
It's all conjecture, but you can't help to wonder what could have been if we handled things with him differently. Harbs took a very heavy hand with him - but we've suffered ourselves in the process.

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:00 AM

I still question the team's handling of Gaither. We've been playing a shell game with the offensive line ever since he left.
Maybe he makes things work in san Diego. The guy could play, but needs the right coaching and psyhcology.
It's all conjecture, but you can't help to wonder what could have been if we handled things with him differently. Harbs took a very heavy hand with him - but we've suffered ourselves in the process.

I agree one hundred percent. (Apparently, it's not a popular view, because many fans simply took the "Gaither is lazy" party line being promoted hook line and sinker. I think there's definitely more going on there. And the way he manhandled Suggs showed me that Gaither is not the lazy bum the Ravens made him out to be.)

#7 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

I agree one hundred percent. (Apparently, it's not a popular view, because many fans simply took the "Gaither is lazy" party line being promoted hook line and sinker. I think there's definitely more going on there. And the way he manhandled Suggs showed me that Gaither is not the lazy bum the Ravens made him out to be.)

The Ravens will always be better off without a POS like Gaither no matter how talented.

#8 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

He basically gave up on the team for year. No doctor was able to find out what was wrong with him and then after the Ravens get rid of him, he now is healthy to play. But, right, the Ravens are the ones that handled the situation incorrectly :rolleyes:

#9 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

He basically gave up on the team for year. No doctor was able to find out what was wrong with him and then after the Ravens get rid of him, he now is healthy to play. But, right, the Ravens are the ones that handled the situation incorrectly :rolleyes:

Dub: I won't debate that Gaither was a malcontent one season. But what drove that situation? From time to time, teams deal with this type of situation with a given player. My point is this: Given how difficult it can be to find a competent LT, perhaps we should have taken a different approach with him. If the behavior continues after an alternative approach is tried, then you cut bait. We've been worse off at that position since he left - it really is coming home to roost now that we've learned Oher isn't a LT and we're making do with McKinnie who by the way also has conditioning issues.
Are we back where we started and half a step behind? Quite possibly, yes.
It's just taken a season or two to show up. We're now in a real tough spot because of that issue.

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Dub: I won't debate that Gaither was a malcontent one season. But what drove that situation? From time to time, teams deal with this type of situation with a given player. My point is this: Given how difficult it can be to find a competent LT, perhaps we should have taken a different approach with him. If the behavior continues after an alternative approach is tried, then you cut bait. We've been worse off at that position since he left - it really is coming home to roost now that we've learned Oher isn't a LT and we're making do with McKinnie who by the way also has conditioning issues.
Are we back where we started and half a step behind? Quite possibly, yes.
It's just taken a season or two to show up. We're now in a real tough spot because of that issue.

Once again I agree. (When did you get so smart?) :D

And beyond Gaither, is there a pattern emerging with the John Harbaugh system? Barnes is gone, yet the Ravens are still in need of a rush end/LB. Gaither is gone, and the O-line is still unstable. Matsko is gone, and replaced by a nobody in the form of Moeller. It appears as if Harbaugh doesn't quite know what to do when he can't get along with a player or coach. It's his sandbox, and his rules; but at what cost? Maybe the picture will become clearer down the road, but clearly -- there is a cost.

#11 Bmore

Bmore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:03 AM

Same *****, Different Day.... errr Year.
**Success on the Battlefield of Football all Starts with the Guys in the Trenches**

#12 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

Once again I agree. (When did you get so smart?) :D

And beyond Gaither, is there a pattern emerging with the John Harbaugh system? Barnes is gone, yet the Ravens are still in need of a rush end/LB. Gaither is gone, and the O-line is still unstable. Matsko is gone, and replaced by a nobody in the form of Moeller. It appears as if Harbaugh doesn't quite know what to do when he can't get along with a player or coach. It's his sandbox, and his rules; but at what cost? Maybe the picture will become clearer down the road, but clearly -- there is a cost.

In four years, the Ravens have had four rosters of 53 men (212 total positions to worry about) and we are quibbling over Gaither, Barnes and a few others (including coaches)?

Four straight playoff appearances coming out of the toughest division in football! At least one playoff victory in each year? While getting younger and more athletic on both sides of the ball! Despite losing good players to money demands (like Grubbs) and others to situations like Gaither!

All of this while in a small market sandwiched in among three large and well-established NFC markets...

Somehow, I don't think Harbaugh is the problem.

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

In four years, the Ravens have had four rosters of 53 men (212 total positions to worry about) and we are quibbling over Gaither, Barnes and a few others (including coaches)?

Four straight playoff appearances coming out of the toughest division in football! At least one playoff victory in each year? While getting younger and more athletic on both sides of the ball! Despite losing good players to money demands (like Grubbs) and others to situations like Gaither!

All of this while in a small market sandwiched in among three large and well-established NFC markets...

Somehow, I don't think Harbaugh is the problem.

And you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

#14 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

And you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

...as if there ever was a question about that (although judging by the condescension in your comment, one might infer that some of us don't have a right to a different opinion).

Thank you for clearing that up for us.

#15 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

...as if there ever was a question about that (although judging by the condescension in your comment, one might infer that some of us don't have a right to a different opinion).

Thank you for clearing that up for us.

Talk about condescending...:rolleyes:

#16 RAVEN FAN

RAVEN FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

I think Michael Oher could stand a kick in the butt also to many false starts.

#17 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

yea, he's right on top of it :) .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users