• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

NFL.com is having the bracketology contest and the 2000 Ravens have made it into the final four. They are going up against the 1984 49ers. Go vote for the Purple and Black here. I think you can post multiple votes by refreshing. Voting ends today at 5pm. NO WAY does the finesse west's best beat the Beast of the East.

Don't drop the ball!! ALL TIME GREATEST SUPER BOWL NOW!!!!!

Braven

Edited by chrisbraven, 28 March 2012 - 01:26 PM.
capitalization

#2 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

NFL.com is having the bracketology contest and the 2000 Ravens have made it into the final four. They are going up against the 1984 49ers. Go vote for the Purple and Black here. I think you can post multiple votes by refreshing. Voting ends today at 5pm. NO WAY does the finesse west's best beat the Beast of the East.

Braven

This is a campaign I can get behind you on, how are you coping with Peyton going to Denver? LOL

#3 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

Surprising to look back at this and see the the 00 Ravens were only a #9 seed. Little disrespect imo.

They beat the 2001 Patriots in the first round, 67% to 33%. Then a really surprising upset in the second round over the #1 seeded 1972 Dolphins (52% to 48%).

In the Sweet 16, they beat the '91 Redskins , a #4 seed (65%-35%). Then another upset over the #3 seeded 1998 Broncos in the Elite Eight (51%-49%).

Quite a run, and a fun concept by the NFL. Shame I haven't seen this until now.

Ravens currently trail the 84 Niners, 48% to 52%, with 90 minutes left to vote. Appears that the 85 Bears (#1 seed) will win on the other side of the bracket. Would like to see the Bears and Ravens square off for the title.

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#4 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

How in the world did the Ravens get that far? I suspect some fuzzy stuff w/the voting.

I seem to recall a poll.....by Bristol no less....several yrs ago on the old 'Page 2' (B4 the redo).....asking who is the worst SB champ ever. Ravens 'won' in a land slide.

What exactly has changed btwn then and now? :confused:

#5 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,250 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

How in the world did the Ravens get that far? I suspect some fuzzy stuff w/the voting.

I seem to recall a poll.....by Bristol no less....several yrs ago on the old 'Page 2' (B4 the redo).....asking who is the worst SB champ ever. Ravens 'won' in a land slide.

Link?
I thought this was the one that said Ms. Peyton's Colts was the worst.

#6 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Ravens made the finals. And the 76 Raiders upset the 85 Bears as well. Wow.

Right now Raiders hold a 59%-41% edge. Voting ends Friday at 5 pm.

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#7 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:05 AM

Link?
I thought this was the one that said Ms. Peyton's Colts was the worst.

No....this came out B4 our title.....around 05 or early 06. I can't find it.....must've gotten deleted when they did the reboot. But I remember it clear as day.....wasn't even that close rly either. I can't remember where P2 its self ranked them.....but the fans who voted in the poll spoke loudly.

#8 magnuszev

magnuszev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

Braven

Do the Ravens get a NFL.com trophy and personalize ring if they win? I guess it's a good substitute for a Super Bowl ring. LOL.

#9 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

Only people totally ignorant of the game would suggest the best defense of all time was part of the worst SB winner. Oh, I forgot who I was talking to for a moment. Nevermind...
Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,844 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the post. I cast my vote. :D

(Strange though...last night, on NFL dot com, they said the finalists were the '76 Raiders and the 2000 Ravens.)

#11 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Usually in these type of online polls fans of teams like the Packets, Cowboys and Steelers represent well and push their teams to the top. I'll give Raven fans credit for doing so but the whole thing, like most of them are, is silly. Fun playing but nothing serious. No way those Raiders beat the '85 Bears. I think the '91 Skinnys would have given the 2000 Ravens the most trouble. Never been a fan of the '72 Fins and think they might have been able to handle the Broncos. Who really knows and what does it really matter? It's funny to read the comments and how some people react to this.
"Now where I come from We don't let society Tell us how it's supposed to be Our clothes, our hair We don't care It's all about being there" - Prince

#12 AFKAR7

AFKAR7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Forgot about the Niners. Even against the Ravens D, I would not bet against Montana. He was at his best in the SB's and would have found a way to win.
"Now where I come from We don't let society Tell us how it's supposed to be Our clothes, our hair We don't care It's all about being there" - Prince

#13 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

...Well, he didn't this time, AFKAR. :D

I'm going to start a new thread about the championship. NO WAY would those 76 Raiders EVER beat the 2000 Ravens. Let's represent!!

What I hope is that NFL Films will create these matchups like they did before with the "Dream Championship" series...that was a ton of fun to watch.

Braven

#14 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,642 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

...Well, he didn't this time, AFKAR. :D

I'm going to start a new thread about the championship. NO WAY would those 76 Raiders EVER beat the 2000 Ravens. Let's represent!!

What I hope is that NFL Films will create these matchups like they did before with the "Dream Championship" series...that was a ton of fun to watch.

Braven

That would be an interesting game. No doubt the Ravens defense would represent well, it would in any era. But if the game were played by 1970's rules, Ravens offense would get stuffed. They might get shut out. No way they score much against the likes of Hendricks, Matusack, Sistrunk, Vilipiano and Tatum.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#15 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ah yes.....I overlooked that this was NFL.com poll. Had this been by Bristol.....the Ravens don't sniff the 'title game' let alone the Final Four. (Hence where that 'worst SB team ever' poll was held.)

#16 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Only people totally ignorant of the game would suggest the best defense of all time was part of the worst SB winner. Oh, I forgot who I was talking to for a moment. Nevermind...

The 85 Bears were nowhere to be found on that list as I recall.

#17 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

i actually feel alittle bad for you. Must suck having your mother drop you on your head so many times as a baby

#18 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

That would be an interesting game. No doubt the Ravens defense would represent well, it would in any era. But if the game were played by 1970's rules, Ravens offense would get stuffed. They might get shut out. No way they score much against the likes of Hendricks, Matusack, Sistrunk, Vilipiano and Tatum.

I am a longtime football fan and I have never even heard of two of the names on that list. I mean, I probably have, but they are in the back of my mind, referenced in some oldschool NFL films feature. Their defense was VERY pedestrian, in the bottom half of the league that included two expansion teams. Tatum only had 2 ints. Old Man Willie had three. They allowed 48 points vs. the Patriots. They were a respectable 10th vs. the run, but a horrid 23rd o/o 28 vs. the pass. C'mon now. 1970's rules would not shut down Sharpe, and their defense could not shut down ANYTHING. Who says we'd be playing 1970's rules? In 2000's rules, we'd score 30 because of pass interference.

Stabler had a stellar year, but he still threw 17 INTs in 14 games--4th most in the league. His line allowed less than 14 sacks all regular season, so that's awesome. Still, VanEeghan would NOT get ANYTHING vs. our D.

So I'm not really seeing how the Raiders could beat us. Sure, Madden would be an advantage as a coach, at this point. But even his schemes and machinations could not stop RayRay and the D. Our defense would probably score. And so would J. Lewis on special teams.

RAVENS 2000-The Best Ever.
Braven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users