• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 CharmCityCrab

CharmCityCrab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

The Orioles should really sign this guy. I know he's old and has seen better times, but if I consider him a better bet than any starting pitchers on our roster if we're talking about purely in 2012 terms and not beyond. And he should come cheap, so there's a chance we can slip him by Angelos. ;)

He's clearly not going to turn this team into anything all that great, but he, along with some luck and some guys emerging, and a few other signings, might prevent the 50-112 implosion I think we all see coming. I mean, some of us plan to watch some of these games on MASN, please for the love of God bring in some players so it doesn't become pure torture.

#2 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

This would be a nice retirement home for him

#3 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,475 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Apparently the Braves picked him up already. But hey, there's always next year!

#4 CharmCityCrab

CharmCityCrab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Next year we go for 40 wins! It's like a low-hand game of poker. At least, that's how Angelos seems to be handling things.

#5 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

The Orioles should really sign this guy. I know he's old and has seen better times, but if I consider him a better bet than any starting pitchers on our roster if we're talking about purely in 2012 terms and not beyond. And he should come cheap, so there's a chance we can slip him by Angelos. ;)

He's clearly not going to turn this team into anything all that great, but he, along with some luck and some guys emerging, and a few other signings, might prevent the 50-112 implosion I think we all see coming. I mean, some of us plan to watch some of these games on MASN, please for the love of God bring in some players so it doesn't become pure torture.

Wrong ethnicity for the O's.

#6 StevenJB

StevenJB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

For someone like you who doesn't like Washington sports teams aren't you swallowing a lot of pride by encouraging the signing of a Nationals reject? Feeling desperate, Orioles fan?

#7 StevenJB

StevenJB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Wrong ethnicity for the O's.

Totally untrue, hector. Livo is Cuban. Havana Pete loves Cuba and Castro!

#8 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

Totally untrue, hector. Livo is Cuban. Havana Pete loves Cuba and Castro!

I wasn't aware of the connection between PA and Castro. I wonder why PA doesn't ask Fidel to ship us a few ballplayers.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,837 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

I wasn't aware of the connection between PA and Castro. I wonder why PA doesn't ask Fidel to ship us a few ballplayers.

They've discussed it. But Pete was offering Vlad, Pie, Izturis, & Simon. Fidel said, No thanks
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:54 AM

They've discussed it. But Pete was offering Vlad, Pie, Izturis, & Simon. Fidel said, No thanks

Further proof that all communists are idiots. Maybe Fidel shares the O's anti-Latino bias.

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,837 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Further proof that all communists are idiots. Maybe Fidel shares the O's anti-Latino bias.

you may be on to something. his behavior can be traced back to the 1950's when he got rid of Batista, and he was Latino.

Castro may be more anti-Latino than PGA. Pete only kicks them off the team. Castro makes them leave the country. Hence, all those players who beg to come to America. and don't forget about those people found floating in little boats off the coast of S. Florida. They're all Latino too.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,742 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#13 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

you may be on to something. his behavior can be traced back to the 1950's when he got rid of Batista, and he was Latino.

Castro may be more anti-Latino than PGA. Pete only kicks them off the team. Castro makes them leave the country. Hence, all those players who beg to come to America. and don't forget about those people found floating in little boats off the coast of S. Florida. They're all Latino too.

By God, I think we've stumbled our way to the truth. Thanks Weird-o, your ability to see the grand scheme of things (the forest rather than the trees) is impressive even if it took you this long to understand the O's anti-Latino bias.

Andino's days with the O's are numbered.

#14 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hell, why don't i just sign with the Orioles. I played 3rd base in little league. I'd come cheap and i'm up to Petey's standards. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users