• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CTFAN

CTFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:17 AM

Surely it's not a coincidence that the Mega-Millions winning ticket was sold in Baltimore County?

Funny thing is I've said for years that if I ever hit it big, I'd want to buy the O's and restore them to their rightful place as a perennial winner. Truth is, I'd probably get greedy, raise prices, hire 4A talent and lose interest in a just a couple of years. And for good measure, I'd change my name to Peter.
www.pictureframingschool.com

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Unfortunately....theres a lot more ills that ail the city of Baltimore....that $$$ could certianly go into something more substantial and impactful.

(Assuming the winner is even from there....could be from DC or somewhere OOT for all we know)

#3 mondo

mondo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Something has to be for sale before you can buy it.
It's only a game.

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,677 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Buying the Orioles without control of MASN is a losing proposition.

Buying the Orioles with MASN will cost a buyer more than any lottery jackpot will pay out.

Any chance at seeing new ownership on Eutaw Street is just a waiting game at this point. And if they can't have MASN with the deal, it might not matter much anyway...
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#5 Bassman

Bassman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

If the three winners combined their payouts, they'd still need to bring in investors the supply the rest of the cash. The Dodgers sold for $2 billion.

#6 CTFAN

CTFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

And that's where you guys come in.
www.pictureframingschool.com

#7 Malachi

Malachi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

Stupid thread.

#8 StevenJB

StevenJB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Stupid thread.

Totally stupid thread! This thread ranks alongside the thread which encourages a petition to get Angelos to sell the Orioles!

http://talk.baltimor...ad.php?t=314021

I know that Orioles fans are desperate but if any Orioles fan here believes that Bud Selig is going to allow a lottery winner to purchase one of his teams then that Orioles fan is delusional, as well!

#9 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Totally stupid thread! This thread ranks alongside the thread which encourages a petition to get Angelos to sell the Orioles!

http://talk.baltimor...ad.php?t=314021

I know that Orioles fans are desperate but if any Orioles fan here believes that Bud Selig is going to allow a lottery winner to purchase one of his teams then that Orioles fan is delusional, as well!

I just noticed that one of the lottery winners is screwing her co-workers at McDonalds who helped buy the tickets. Perhaps her demonstrably clear lack of ethics and honesty does qualify her for a position in baseball management.

#10 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

I just noticed that one of the lottery winners is screwing her co-workers at McDonalds who helped buy the tickets. Perhaps her demonstrably clear lack of ethics and honesty does qualify her for a position in baseball management.

If you believe that woman actually has the winning ticket then I have some land in Florida that I would like to sell to you...

#11 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

If you believe that woman actually has the winning ticket then I have some land in Florida that I would like to sell to you...

Who are you to say she doesn't? :rolleyes:

Hope you get a good deal on that FL property. :P

#12 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

The Mcdonalds woman has yet to show anyone the winning ticket.

#13 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

The Mcdonalds woman has yet to show anyone the winning ticket.

There are two excellent reasons never to criticize McDonalds:

1. They're undoubtedly the most successful food chain in the world; and

2. They employ lots of Latinos.

#14 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

There are two excellent reasons never to criticize McDonalds:

1. They're undoubtedly the most successful food chain in the world; and

2. They employ lots of Latinos.

Yep, and in my experience, few if any of those employees are citizens, nor are they legally eligible to work in the United States. but since few people want those jobs, it all seems to balance out.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#15 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Yep, and in my experience, few if any of those employees are citizens, nor are they legally eligible to work in the United States. but since few people want those jobs, it all seems to balance out.

"In your experience," what's that all about? Are you an INS flunky?

P.S., one of my clients is TRYING to build the security fence on the southern border.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users