Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmore_ken

Tillman Sent To Norfolk

23 posts in this topic

Maybe there is a God :)

Tillman was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk Saturday morning before the Orioles' road Grapefruit League game against the Pirates in Bradenton. He will open the season as a starter at Norfolk.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-orioles-option-righthander-chris-tillman-to-triplea-norfolk-20120331,0,1905928.story

Does that mean the pitcher from Korea has learned how to adjust to the practice routine in the U.S. without getting injured?

Does that mean the pitcher from Korea has learned how to adjust to the practice routine in the U.S. without getting injured?

Given your usual take on things... I'd imagine the Orioles just discovered Tillman's Hispanic heritage thanks to Duquette's free trial on Ancestry.com, then decided he had to go...

Who cares? Anything is better than Tillman's career 5.58 era

Given your usual take on things... I'd imagine the Orioles just discovered Tillman's Hispanic heritage thanks to Duquette's free trial on Ancestry.com, then decided he had to go...

Good one :P:D

There's a definite pattern here and you could be right that ethnicity trumps talent. The O's have dumped HOF Vlad, Pie, Izturis, Simon and probably countless others. Hopefully Roberts will get back soon so that DD won't notice he overlooked Andino during the purge.

Better for him to keep pitching then sit in the bullpen. That said, he needs to put it together down there this season.

Maybe Arrieta should have been sent down after today's performance

Next year Tillman will be out of options.....what then ?

IMO,

Just let the guy stay and pitch.. What could it possibly hurt ? really ?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

haha. classic

Tillman had a minor league option while I believe some others in the competition did not. I hope it will do him good to pitch regularly; he's young and seems to have some talent.

A good side benefit of sending him down, though, would be showing b. Ken that there is a God. Praise the Lord.

Tillman had a minor league option while I believe some others in the competition did not. I hope it will do him good to pitch regularly; he's young and seems to have some talent.

A good side benefit of sending him down, though, would be showing b. Ken that there is a God. Praise the Lord.

I said MAYBE :D

There's a definite pattern here and you could be right that ethnicity trumps talent. The O's have dumped HOF Vlad, Pie, Izturis, Simon and probably countless others. Hopefully Roberts will get back soon so that DD won't notice he overlooked Andino during the purge.

yes, but those players underperformed for their price point.

If there were a 'Like' button, I'd click it.

yes, but those players underperformed for their price point.

To say the least :P

Why does Tillman have to prove himself yet Chen doesn't ?

Does Chen have better stuff ?

Just saying

Why does Tillman have to prove himself yet Chen doesn't ?

Does Chen have better stuff ?

Just saying

Consider the obvious - pro-Asian (Chen) bias and anti-Latino (Tillman) bias.

Consider the obvious - pro-Asian (Chen) bias and anti-Latino (Tillman) bias.

Tillman is Latino? :confused::confused:

he changed his name from Trujilloman.

Apparently so - please see post 3.

You took that seriously?

Calm yourself Ken. I took post 3 as seriously as I take everything else on this board - not very.

Those players are all washed up, overrated, uneven in their performance, or offensively inept.

So f'in funny!! :D