Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SugarRay52

Joe Flacco thinks he's the best QB in football

183 posts in this topic

This stuff continues to crack me up. If you ask Jamarcus Russell who the best QB in the NFL is... he should say "me". All of these guys need to think they're the best, and they need to prepare to be the best.

What's funny are all the folks who take it all literally, as if it's some arrogant God-complex driven quote. No friggin' idea what they're commenting on or talking about...

This stuff continues to crack me up. If you ask Jamarcus Russell who the best QB in the NFL is... he should say "me". All of these guys need to think they're the best, and they need to prepare to be the best.

What's funny are all the folks who take it all literally, as if it's some arrogant God-complex driven quote. No friggin' idea what they're commenting on or talking about...

It's as if they want him to feel bad about himself, he should feel good about himself. I really don't think he cares anymore what people think because he knows the haters are going to hate on him no matter what he says or does.

I have been listening to the interview (on part 2 of 3) and am impressed with his calmness. I get the sense that he is truly a blue-collar young man who will make our community proud!

I have been listening to the interview (on part 2 of 3) and am impressed with his calmness. I get the sense that he is truly a blue-collar young man who will make our community proud!

Exactly, Joe is just a confident down to earth blue collar guy and not the whiny sensitive crybaby that knuckleheads at ESPN and NFL Network (Warren Sapp and Colin Cowherd specificially) make him out to be. It really doesn't matter what the media thinks anymore because the Ravens organization is prepared to make him their QB for the long haul and they didn't make a hard run after Peyton Manning or Tebow (LOL poor Mark Sanchez).

I think it is a flippant comment. I'm glad he is confident. It really does not matter what he says or does. Literally. There is going to be some segment of the fan base that hates him. On one hand they chastise him for being so calm and lacking emotion, and if he shows some confidence or braggado then they chastise him for being arrogant. For lack of a better analogy it must be a lot like being a President. Too much credit when something goes right, and too much blame when something goes wrong - and some folks are going to hate you no matter what you do.

I posit that had two plays over the last two years turned differently (Anquan Boldin holding on to the TD pass in the 2010 playoff game in Pittsburgh, and Lee Evans holding on to the TD pass in New England) there would be a different conversation among NFL commentators and this fan base about Joe Flacco. Those plays did not happen and as such the criticism from some folks will continue to persist. It is what it is, those are the breaks and that is the nature of the business for most NFL QBs in the talk radio and internet age.

The kid is also in line for a contract extension, so of course he should try and position himself as best he can. He is not a stupid kid that just fell off the turnip truck. He certainly knows how a comment like this would be interpreted by the internet chatter rooms and talking heads. I just don't think he cares what all of these people say about him. We saw some of that attitude towards his detractors in his media comments towards the end of last year. He was getting berated after a 12-4 season, undefeated division record (including an incredible last second victory over the Steelers at Heinz field for the second year in a row), and outplaying Tom Brady in the AFC championship game. He is developing a thick skin and does not care what these people say. Good for him.

I mean......it has to be a faceitious comment. I will take it as nothing more than that.

I mean....as wanting as he is found on the field.....he does seem to own some semblence of intellect.....so how can anyone get to worked up about this? He's obviously joking.

When you make comments like that, you are turning the media crosshairs squarely upon yourself. Eli Manning did it last year, but then he went and backed it up by having a good season, bringing the Giants back from the dead to win the division, and winning the superbowl. Nothing wrong with the comments, I think all QB's think like that, but just be prepared for the inevitable media smackdown. I think it is better to just say something like I'll let the results on the field talk for themselves, but to each his own.

1. A. Rogers

2. T. Brady

3. D. Brees

4. P. Manning

5. E. Manning

6. P. Rivers

7. B. Rothlisberger

8. M. Stafford

9. C Newton

10. JOE FLACCO

I'm a RAVENS fan to the end. Joe is top 0, NOT TOP 5.

1. A. Rogers

2. T. Brady

3. D. Brees

4. P. Manning

5. E. Manning

6. P. Rivers

7. B. Rothlisberger

8. M. Stafford

9. C Newton

10. JOE FLACCO

I'm a RAVENS fan to the end. Joe is top 0, NOT TOP 5.

I would probably place Flacco ahead of Rivers, Stafford, and Newton on that list, but it would be close to mine. I'm also not ready to give Newton top 10 status yet off of one season and a lot of ints.

1. Rogers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. P. Manning

5. E. Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Flacco

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Schaub

I would probably place Flacco ahead of Rivers, Stafford, and Newton on that list, but it would be close to mine. I'm also not ready to give Newton top 10 status yet off of one season and a lot of ints.

1. Rogers

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. P. Manning

5. E. Manning

6. Roethlisberger

7. Flacco

8. Stafford

9. Rivers

10. Schaub

In terms of QBs as an individual, that is how I would rank them, but I also would state that it is irrelevant...

Here's how the NFL ranked them"

1. E Manning

2. T Brady

3. A Smith

4. Flacco

5. Yates

6. Teebow

7. Dalton

8. Rothelsberger

Based on how their teams performed.

That's all that counts: the rest is fantasy football crap!

In terms of QBs as an individual, that is how I would rank them, but I also would state that it is irrelevant...

Here's how the NFL ranked them"

1. E Manning

2. T Brady

3. A Smith

4. Flacco

5. Yates

6. Teebow

7. Dalton

8. Rothelsberger

Based on how their teams performed.

That's all that counts: the rest is fantasy football crap!

You are putting Smith ahead of Flacco simply because we lost the early game and he lost the late game?

Does anyone really want a guy quarterbacking their team who would say, "Yeah, I'm fair to middlin'. Eh, I'd say I'm maybe 10th best in the league"?

I wouldn't.

Al should be ahead of him anyway.

Why, exactly? What has Alex Smith done to indicate that he is any better than Joe Flacco? Is it because 'Bristol' says so?

When you make comments like that, you are turning the media crosshairs squarely upon yourself. Eli Manning did it last year, but then he went and backed it up by having a good season, bringing the Giants back from the dead to win the division, and winning the superbowl. Nothing wrong with the comments, I think all QB's think like that, but just be prepared for the inevitable media smackdown. I think it is better to just say something like I'll let the results on the field talk for themselves, but to each his own.

Exactly, agree 100%. Not smart to hang a bull's-eye around your own neck. He should have responded just as you said, or taken a page out of Ray Lewis's book and just ramble on with gibberish untill everybody forgets what the question was. :)

Let's just spell it out....

Rodgers

P. Manning

E. Manning

Brees

Brady

Rivers

Roethlisberger

Ryan

Vick

Newton

Culter

Schaub

Never mind Top 10....these are 12 that are undisputably and unarguably better than Flat Joe.

But then....you have the ones that are a little more debatable.....but only a little more so....and could easily make a case for being better than him as well.

Stanford

Sanchez

Smith

Dalton

Kirkpatrick

Tebow

Bradford

Romo

Luck

Freeman

Cassell

Griffin

'Best QB in the game?' Not even Top 20 the way it looks here. Shoot....its not a stretch that he may well be the worst QB in his own division.

Lets close the book on this tired topic already.

Lets close the book on this tired topic already.

I agree. It's like the loser that comes to a Ravens messageboard to continually say in every thread that the Ravens have the worst defense, offense, front office, QB, etc. You'd think someone like that would close the book on this sad part of their life.