• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 helloharv

helloharv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,370 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

I will be attending my 20th Opening Day in a row ! It may be the only game I go to this year due to the pathetic product being put on the field. But for one day everyone is in first place and I will be having an awesome time with my 11 year old son.

I will be wearing a custom made orange Flanagan shirt in honor of Mike .
The year to spend money was this past off-season.

It would have proved to the fans that Peter is willing to spend the MASN money and add some much needed EXCITEMENT to our team. This would have let the kids still come up and help build our team but it wouldn't have put all our eggs into one basket.

Next years Free-Agents Class is much weaker than this past years....so we will wait until 2011...then it won't be the right fit....then we will wait until 2012....and so on and so on and so on

#2 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,067 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

11??? :eek:

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,025 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

I didn't get any tickets this year. by the time I started looking, the prices had surpassed $120.00

good job with the Flanny shirt. I think it would be cool to see it. if you're comfortable doing so, you should post a picture of it.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,208 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

I went last year when I had hope of a competitive team. I have no such hope this year, so no reason to brave the crowds. I'll check out games when I get some free tickets thrown my way
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,674 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

Going, managed to score a last minute cheap ticket.

Will the city learn how to run the Light Rail efficiently on an Opening Day?

#6 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Will the city learn how to run the Light Rail efficiently on an Opening Day?

Highly unlikely. I haven't road the subway in NYC, but have ridden in D.C., Boston, Atlanta to name some. Amazing what seems so simple for some cities turns out to be such a clustermess for Baltimore.

#7 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'll be there. I always get the hoilday 4 pack for Christmas that includes OD tickets.

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,208 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Highly unlikely. I haven't road the subway in NYC, but have ridden in D.C., Boston, Atlanta to name some. Amazing what seems so simple for some cities turns out to be such a clustermess for Baltimore.

New York's subway is nothing short of amazing. I was there a couple of weeks ago and spent a weekend. Simple and easy to get anywhere in the city on that thing. I probably wouldn't own a car if I lived there

#9 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I didn't get any tickets this year. by the time I started looking, the prices had surpassed $120.00

good job with the Flanny shirt. I think it would be cool to see it. if you're comfortable doing so, you should post a picture of it.

The last time that happened to me (because opening day fell on my birthday) I booked a waterfront suite down the road from the yard, at the The Renaissance Baltimore Harbor Place Hotel for the weekend, where I could still hear the PA system, the crowd and the fireworks and listened to the game on the radio. I provided myself my favorite beverage for the game and had room service bring me up a meal! The next two games there were plenty of seats for at regular price and I had one of the best birthday weekends I have ever spent in Baltimore!:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#10 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

New York's subway is nothing short of amazing. I was there a couple of weeks ago and spent a weekend. Simple and easy to get anywhere in the city on that thing. I probably wouldn't own a car if I lived there

I sold a house last year to a 65 year-old gentleman from Greenwich Village that had never owned a car in his life. He always flies out of New York or uses the train and if he needs a car rents one at his destination.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#11 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,085 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

A car is pretty much useless in Manhattan because of parking issues. If you're located in Mid-town, you can pretty much walk to anywhere you want to go for business or entertainment. Otherwise, the filthy subway or cabs are always available.

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,208 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

A car is pretty much useless in Manhattan because of parking issues. If you're located in Mid-town, you can pretty much walk to anywhere you want to go for business or entertainment. Otherwise, the filthy subway or cabs are always available.

I must have lucked out and missed all the "filthy" subway cars ;)

#13 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,025 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

The last time that happened to me (because opening day fell on my birthday) I booked a waterfront suite down the road from the yard, at the The Renaissance Baltimore Harbor Place Hotel for the weekend, where I could still hear the PA system, the crowd and the fireworks and listened to the game on the radio. I provided myself my favorite beverage for the game and had room service bring me up a meal! The next two games there were plenty of seats for at regular price and I had one of the best birthday weekends I have ever spent in Baltimore!:)

that was a very clever way to handle the situation. you gets bonus points for creative thinking :D
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#14 helloharv

helloharv

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,370 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

11??? :eek:

not sure what this means? I am 40 and my son is 11 and my daughter is almost 4

:confused:
The year to spend money was this past off-season.

It would have proved to the fans that Peter is willing to spend the MASN money and add some much needed EXCITEMENT to our team. This would have let the kids still come up and help build our team but it wouldn't have put all our eggs into one basket.

Next years Free-Agents Class is much weaker than this past years....so we will wait until 2011...then it won't be the right fit....then we will wait until 2012....and so on and so on and so on

#15 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I went last year when I had hope of a competitive team. I have no such hope this year, so no reason to brave the crowds. I'll check out games when I get some free tickets thrown my way

exactly the way I feel Ken

I might by some cheap ones off ebay later

opening day tix are to expensive given this teams track record

#16 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37,067 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

not sure what this means? I am 40 and my son is 11 and my daughter is almost 4

:confused:

It means I'm pretty sure I remember when he was born or at the very least when he was very young...can't believe he's 11 already! Was that really so hard to understand???:confused:

#17 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

I will be wearing a custom made orange Flanagan shirt in honor of Mike .

Nice.

#18 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

exactly the way I feel Ken

I might by some cheap ones off ebay later

opening day tix are to expensive given this teams track record

Not if you own a 13 game season ticket package! ;)

Got 4 tickets for $100, right in the 3rd base side terrace box.

Last year was cool to see the introductions of Vlad and Buck. I expect the reaction to Wilson Betemit and Jason Hammel will be similar.

#19 jrl05

jrl05

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

Count me in, first OPACY opening day for me since 1999.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 Dirty Frank

Dirty Frank

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Add another item to the list that hector knows NOTHING about: the NYC subway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users