• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

apparently Tejada's suit case remains in the clubhouse....

http://www.baltimore...story?track=rss
:eek: CYHMN Enterprises-- Manufacturing gloom and doom since 1998. :eek:

chaos, panic, disorder-- my work is done here...;)

#2 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

apparently Tejada's suit case remains in the clubhouse....

http://www.baltimore...story?track=rss

The O's lead the majors in drug violators so why are you surprised? At least most of the O's prior druggies produced excellent stats when they cheated but this guy was mediocre even when he cheated. I guess it's all PA's fault.

#3 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Excellent stats? are you kidding, even with the number of juicers they finished no higher than fourth. I realize you are enamored with individual stats, however, this is a team sport-- wins and losses are what matter.

As a matter of fact, I am not surprised and yes it's on PA once again. At some point the owner might want to communicate to the rest of the organization how much these incidents harm the franchise and how his new stance will be any employee, players included, found using PEDs or any other illegal substance is terminated immediately. The silence from the owner is deafening.

#4 socalbirdfan

socalbirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Excellent stats? are you kidding, even with the number of juicers they finished no higher than fourth. I realize you are enamored with individual stats, however, this is a team sport-- wins and losses are what matter.

As a matter of fact, I am not surprised and yes it's on PA once again. At some point the owner might want to communicate to the rest of the organization how much these incidents harm the franchise and how his new stance will be any employee, players included, found using PEDs or any other illegal substance is terminated immediately. The silence from the owner is deafening.

Wouldn't that violate the CBA?

#5 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Wouldn't that violate the CBA?

short answer-nope.

Under Section 7(B)(1) of the standard player contract, a team may terminate a contract if the player shall "fail, refuse or neglect to conform his personal conduct to the standards of good citizenship and good sportsmanship or to keep himself in first-class physical condition or to obey the club's training rules."

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

PED usage comes under both good citizenship (taking illegal substances is breaking the law) and sportsmanship (PEDs are banned). The CBA covers The standard language in the contract is also set by the CBA. Bottom line-- you want to stop this stupidity take action that demonstrates you take this issue seriously. Selig eventually got this message, which is why the 50 and 100 game suspensions came about. A the owner level, the attitude appears to be let the commissioner deal with it. I think that is backwards.

#6 hector

hector

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

Under your standard, should Brian Roberts be terminated immediately or does the standard only apply to lowly minor leaguers?

#7 socalbirdfan

socalbirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Wouldn't Roberts hitting himself in the head violate the part about "keeping himself in first-class physical condition" ?

#8 socalbirdfan

socalbirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm only half kidding....

#9 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Don't see how his decision to take PEDs is the Orioles fault, but ok.

#10 maumau

maumau

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Wouldn't it be a better punishment to compel violators to play for the Orioles rather than to get a sabbatical?

#11 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,212 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Wouldn't it be a better punishment to compel violators to play for the Orioles rather than to get a sabbatical?

We could put together a nice little lineup like that. Arod, Braun, etc. Even bring in the fat slob from Boston.

#12 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Under your standard, should Brian Roberts be terminated immediately or does the standard only apply to lowly minor leaguers?

he'd be gone....the policy is across the board....I did say that...can you read?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users