• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm starting to think that Williams SHOULD be arrested and criminally charged for his bounty program.
With the latest videos we see that his bounty program was more than just hitting players and trying to knock them out of games but included specific instruction on how to hit Frank Gore in the head and Alex Smith in the chin in order to cause injury.

While I'm not generally in favor of police involvement in sports it also should not be amnesty for assulting and potentially causing career-threatening and possibly life-altering injuries.

With the latest video the NFL should just come out and say that Greg Williams will NEVER work in a NFL capacity again (with NO possibility of re-instatement). His practices are unforgivable.

I also think a class-action lawsuit should be filed against Williams by any player that was potentially injured by a bounty placed by Williams in they suffered a long-term or career-altering injury.

IMO, Williams belongs in jail.
2009 is the International Year of Astronomy
Have you looked through a telescope this year ?

Saturday October 24, 2009 is Astronomy Day.
Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

http://www.astroleag...y/astroday.html

#2 RavenMaven52

RavenMaven52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

just to keep it simple.....ABSOLUTELY NOT. the saints got caught, but they are far from the only team that is guilty. everyone knows bounties are very common.

#3 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

If someone in another business paid their employees to injure a competitor, they would be in jail.

Williams may be there before the year is out.

#4 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

If someone in another business paid their employees to injure a competitor, they would be in jail.

Williams may be there before the year is out.

Wrong. He will serve his year or however longer it is and be back.....no need for the authorities to get involved. :rolleyes:

#5 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Wrong. He will serve his year or however longer it is and be back.....no need for the authorities to get involved. :rolleyes:

Goodell and the NFL will never let a team hire Williams again !
And they ought to come out and just say so.
This just goes so far above playing hard and even knocking players out of the game. Williams goes on to teach his players exactly how to hit players in the chin or head to cause concussions and injuries.

I will be hoping Williams facing legal action.

Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

#6 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

...and I don't think Sean Payton will have his punishment reduced one iota after this audio

#7 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

He'll never again be in the NFL.

Never.

Listen to the audio released today.

You are clueless, but that's already established.

#8 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Big brother will get involved. Just like steroids in mlb they will seek to make an example of these terrible practices. I'd bet big money on it and win :).

Bounties are outlawed in the U.S. unless the (court system) wants you. And they don't want any competition...............;)

#9 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

...and I don't think Sean Payton will have his punishment reduced one iota after this audio

Payton ran a bus over his defensive/offensive guru.:rolleyes:

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,614 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

I can't imagine that the audio is going to help his case for leniency. :)

By many accounts, the guy is and has long been a jerk in general. The things he's saying on that recording, assuming its legit, absolutely go against EVERYTHING Goodell and company are supposedly fighting for with player safety.

I'm still surprised that he's stupid enough to have used those words. Tell your guys to hit hard, let them know you mean business, make them hesitate when they go across the middle are try to hit a hole. Use generalities for Pete's sake! Talk about crap like... targeting ACLs, concussions, ankles, affect the head, hit the head, etc... well, if that isn't very long-term if not lifetime ban material... I don't know what is.
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#11 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,673 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I'm starting to think that Williams SHOULD be arrested and criminally charged for his bounty program.
With the latest videos we see that his bounty program was more than just hitting players and trying to knock them out of games but included specific instruction on how to hit Frank Gore in the head and Alex Smith in the chin in order to cause injury.

While I'm not generally in favor of police involvement in sports it also should not be amnesty for assulting and potentially causing career-threatening and possibly life-altering injuries.

With the latest video the NFL should just come out and say that Greg Williams will NEVER work in a NFL capacity again (with NO possibility of re-instatement). His practices are unforgivable.

I also think a class-action lawsuit should be filed against Williams by any player that was potentially injured by a bounty placed by Williams in they suffered a long-term or career-altering injury.

IMO, Williams belongs in jail.

Really? There are people walking the streets in downtown Baltimore Maryland that have been accused of attempted murder with a weapon. The perp who killed the Hopkins kid on the phone with his mother had a rap sheet a mile long and wasn't behind bars. And you want to put a football coach in jail for a bounty system that has existed for over three decades in the NFL? Good luck with that. Deacon Jones freely admitted that when he played he went straight for the QB's head with the sole intent of giving him a concussion and knocking him out. Certainly Williams deserves his suspension, but if you think he is the only one in the NFL that was fostering this type of program you are wrong. Nobody is going to admit it now, but this kind of thing has probably been going on at various levels on every team. Terrell Suggs came close to admitting it a few years ago, and then pulled back when the NFL said they would look into his comments. Virtually no team is clean when it comes to this behavior. The Saints may have taken it a little further and got caught because they got wreckless and refused to stop, but they were by no means the only team practicing this. The NFL sent it's message, and this should begin to put an end to the bounty system. But if the NFL really wanted to put an all out investigation into it, they could probably put 25% of it's entire league's defensive players on suspension. I wasn't just Williams and the Saints, they just happened to get caught.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#12 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

I wasn't just Williams and the Saints, they just happened to get caught.

Which is why he will pay the price for everyone. He got caught.

Any prosecutor worth an ounce of salt should be able to indict him for conspiracy to commit assault.

18 USC § 1959

(a) Whoever, as consideration for the receipt of, or as consideration for a promise or agreement to pay, anything of pecuniary value from an enterprise engaged in racketeering activity, or for the purpose of gaining entrance to or maintaining or increasing position in an enterprise engaged in racketeering activity, murders, kidnaps, maims, assaults with a dangerous weapon, commits assault resulting in serious bodily injury upon, or threatens to commit a crime of violence against any individual in violation of the laws of any State or the United States, or attempts or conspires so to do, shall be punished—

6) for attempting or conspiring to commit a crime involving maiming, assault with a dangerous weapon, or assault resulting in serious bodily injury, by imprisonment for not more than three years or a fine of [1] under this title, or both.

(2) “enterprise” includes any partnership, corporation, association, or other legal entity, and any union or group of individuals associated in fact although not a legal entity, which is engaged in, or the activities of which affect, interstate or foreign commerce.

#13 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,421 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Big brother will get involved. Just like steroids in mlb they will seek to make an example of these terrible practices. I'd bet big money on it and win :).

Bounties are outlawed in the U.S. unless the (court system) wants you. And they don't want any competition...............;)

Good point. Once congress realizes they can get a lot of publicity and throw in some sound bites ("You have disgraced our game, bla bla bla"), they'll be all over it.

#14 Eastsider

Eastsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

This is a joke right. Criminal charges against player and coaches for a bounty program but right now there is a group or racist that has put out a bounty dead or alive against Zimmerman down in FL. and the DOJ is doing NOTHING.

I thnk the No Fun League should go to playing flag football or two hand touch that way no one gets hurt.

#15 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

This is stupid. Gregg was caught. He paid the price. Involving authorities is an extremely stupid idea.

#16 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

This is a joke right. Criminal charges against player and coaches for a bounty program but right now there is a group or racist that has put out a bounty dead or alive against Zimmerman down in FL. and the DOJ is doing NOTHING.

I thnk the No Fun League should go to playing flag football or two hand touch that way no one gets hurt.

Well, there's a racist named Zimmerman walking around free after murdering an innocent victim. And It's being covered up by a racist police dept. And D.A. office.

I hope the Black Panthers find this racist jerk and put an end to him.

#17 Eastsider

Eastsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Well, there's a racist named Zimmerman walking around free after murdering an innocent victim. And It's being covered up by a racist police dept. And D.A. office.

I hope the Black Panthers find this racist jerk and put an end to him.

And I hope if the racist black panthers find him and comes after him he takes a couple of these racist pigs out.

#18 Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

And I hope if the racist black panthers find him and comes after him he takes a couple of these racist pigs out.

Touche. In the end, racism is demonic and will burn in the lake of fire, but we are waaaaay off topic here.

No legal involvement. The man will never be seen in the NFL again.

#19 Eastsider

Eastsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Touche. In the end, racism is demonic and will burn in the lake of fire, but we are waaaaay off topic here.

No legal involvement. The man will never be seen in the NFL again.

Will agree we went way off topic. The NFL is putting it's foot down with this behavior and punishing all parties involved after an investigation. They just did not go out and hang the Saints like part of the country wants to do with Zimmerman.

Hats off to the commissioner for doing the proper investigation and handing out some of the harshest punishments in league history. Now we have to keep the congress from getting involved.

Back to football talk…….

#20 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Will agree we went way off topic. The NFL is putting it's foot down with this behavior and punishing all parties involved after an investigation. They just did not go out and hang the Saints like part of the country wants to do with Zimmerman.

Hats off to the commissioner for doing the proper investigation and handing out some of the harshest punishments in league history. Now we have to keep the congress from getting involved.

Back to football talk…….

We can't get congress to do a damn thing. Good luck with that bro. But they may want to be silent about investigating anybody because of their insider trader issues. Hypocrisy may ring true thou. Or they may want to take the heat off by dividing the masses via bountygate. "Hey lets waste some money and fry this Guy". :) Payton jumped off the plate with "Micky Mouse" Looowass, excuse me Loomis.:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users