Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CTFAN

Mike Wallace Dead

28 posts in this topic

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-mike-wallace-20120409,0,3997778.story

Known for his caustic questioning of guests, Wallace was a co-anchor of '60 Minutes' when the TV newsmagazine started in 1968 and was a mainstay of the program until he stepped down in 2006. He was the first CBS network correspondent to work beyond 65 in a medium dominated by young faces.

Very sad. Another passing one who cannot be replaced in the current crop of lunatics. I enjoyed watching him on 60 Minutes. My grandmother adored him.
There are still some who ask tough questions, but not with the style and finesse of Wallace, unfortunately.

You can't ask too many tough questions because the mother corporations that own these outlets won't let them because of legal departments and conflicts of interest within the assorted tentacles of the corporation. Hats off to guys like Wallace and props to 60 Minutes for hanging in there the best they can under the circumstances.

got me ......

ROFL @ not knowing 1 of the all time giants in broad casting.

And if this thread was supposed to be a joke in re the PIT WR.....it flopped....badly.

Mike Wallace set the Gold Standard for news and interviewing and was a reporter that I could never turn off. Rest in Peace Mr. Wallace and thank you for a job well done.

Figures you would think that. :rolleyes:

it's a gift...some of us appreciate subtle humor and how it can fool those with a room temperature IQ who can't think...say someone like YOU.....

shouldn't you be studying up to see who the dolts will select with next year's #1 overall pick....it's going to be a long 12 months for you....

What a wonderful, interesting life he lived. A real shame about his son, but nonetheless a fabulous and long life, well-lived. We should all be so lucky.