Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest slapshot

Lord Stanley's Cup thread

541 posts in this topic

Good luck to the Caps.

Of course I will be rooting for my B's...but I think the Caps may surprise some folks on this thread during the playoffs. IMO, always better to be the under dog.

Puck movement, puck movement, puck movement...if the caps can get out of there zone this will be a good series, that marchand line scares me, they get alot of turnovers and that's the caps achillies. Very interested to watch Pitt-Philly series, hopefully they beat the crap out of each other.

Caps can win one in Boston and hold home they take it. Another wasy to put it. If we don't lose any of our three home games; Bowston must be better then a .750 team at home.

I am looking for a big series from Backstrom and Green.

Caps are 11-1 when the big four play. Otherwise, no reason to pick us. Bos has the proven stud goalie,depth down the middle, great physical play and they've shown the ability to raise their game in April where we've shown the ability to raise our golf bags. At some point playing all the games Bos has played the last 18 months will catch up to them and they won't repeat but I'll be very surprised if we're the ones to take advantage of it

Caps playing good D. That will be key against the B's.

B's not playing with any urgency.

Refs trying to give Bos the game. Thankfully Holtby standing on his head

Very gutsy move.

Not sure what the game plan for the Caps is ???:confused::confused:

the d are always retreating. I haven't seen a defensemen pinch up one time

NO TRAFFIC in front of Thomas

If you don't get SOG how do you expect to win

YAWN

got home late, missed the 1st period .......

caps hung tough in that 2nd........

few pucks through the crease but no bruins there ........

that collision with OV was nice :) .......

Game has been pretty even 5-5. Bruins had 8 shots on a single PP and I think 13 PP shots overall

Caps tripped all over the place, Laich stick chopped in half, Marchand dives twice in 1 shift. This league is a joke

well we know what team the refs want to win.....

in watching this game the Bruins are a "DIRTY" team

nice play Holtby, Has to be the softest goal ever...so as well as you played the entire game when it came down to it your just another typical Cap...CHOKER

series over

congrats Bruins

Caps suck

Hahaha get the brooms out Boston. Didn't even bother watching the OT. Seen this movie 1000 times before.

nice play Holtby, Has to be the softest goal ever...so as well as you played the entire game when it came down to it your just another typical Cap...CHOKER

series over

congrats Bruins

Caps suck

How was that a soft goal? defensive breakdown, rocket of slap shot on the ice in the corner, can't put that on holtby.

It was a soft goal because Holtby was WAY off his angle. If he's square to the shooter he gives Kelly a lot less room on the far post

It was a soft goal because Holtby was WAY off his angle. If he's square to the shooter he gives Kelly a lot less room on the far post

Cut him some slack. Hardly a "soft goal". Perhaps (??), he "drifted" just a little bit too far to his right, but give credit (not blame) where credit is due. That was a freekin' rocket over his left shoulder. Few goalies, if any, would have had a chance to stop that from going in.

Take a close look at the video. Blow it up and stop it just as the puck is leaving the stick. You can make it out and see the trajectory....to me, it does NOT look like Holtby was out of position, or if he was, not by much. To me, it actually looked like there was more day light over Holtby's right (not left) shoulder. If anything, he might have come out of the paint a bit to cut off the angle more than he did. But this is nit-picky, armchair stuff. Sorry, but NO "soft" gaol.

Disagree. Soft goal. Does Thomas allow that goal? No. Doesn't matter, he's not the reason we lost or the reason this will end quick and painlessly. Major changes needed starting with the GM and Coach(please quit Tippett, please quit Tippett). Sign Kuznetsov, let Semin,Wideman,Knbule,King and Halpern walk and use the cap space to upgrade the roster (Give Parise whatever he wants)