• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Benny8444

Benny8444

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

I keep reading articles incuding one today in the Sun by Mike Preston about the Ravens reaching or taking a WR early. How come we never hear Alshon Jeffrey? He will prob be available when we pick at 29 and would likely be gone in the early 2nd (like first 3 picks) if he is not taken at the end of the first.

I think he would be a great pick at 29 as he has size and can replace Boldin after this year and be another deep threat.

What does everyone else think?

#2 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

I keep reading articles incuding one today in the Sun by Mike Preston about the Ravens reaching or taking a WR early. How come we never hear Alshon Jeffrey? He will prob be available when we pick at 29 and would likely be gone in the early 2nd (like first 3 picks) if he is not taken at the end of the first.

I think he would be a great pick at 29 as he has size and can replace Boldin after this year and be another deep threat.

What does everyone else think?

Watched him a couple of times (Here in Atlanta, we get nothing but SEC football games!). He showed a lot as a quality receiver. He ran precise routes, can jump out of the gym and caught everything near him

He did not put up gaudy numbers because South Carolina had major QB issues.

#3 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:20 AM

Sounds like Randy Hines 2.0 if you ask me. But then.....hey.....that might be an upgrade considering the current WR corp.

#4 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Watched him a couple of times (Here in Atlanta, we get nothing but SEC football games!). He showed a lot as a quality receiver. He ran precise routes, can jump out of the gym and caught everything near him

He did not put up gaudy numbers because South Carolina had major QB issues.

His weight flux is the issue. It's said he loves to eat and weight is the enemy of spend. He lost weight for the combine. Sanu/Randle/Hill/Wright would be safe picks. The latter may be selected before we pick so reaching for them maybe the only way to get them. I think Jeffery would be a steal in the upper second but I got a gut feeling that Sanu would be our pick there. I believe if Wright/Hill where close enough they should take him with trade of a 1st and 5th round picks.

I think A.J. offers more upside but Wright offers immediate production much like a Desean Jackson, or Mike Wallace. Key is we need Speed and open field elusive plays to compliment Boldin's toughness, Smith's speed to take the top off and the next x/z wide-out route tree responsibilities.

And to be totally effect they really need Doss to step up or they need to draft 2 receivers.

And right now my prime two targets would be A) Wright/Randle B) Hill/Sanu

It's still early before the draft...So my mock picks continue to evolve.

#5 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,351 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

He can't separate...won't be a first day pick of the Ravens..they would probably roll the dice in the 4th round or so.

#6 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I just cannot see getting anything but an offensive lineman in the first round. All the WR speed, route running and separation in the world will not help us if the QB is scrambling and we can't develop a running game to take the heat off. Center and/or guard at #29 IMO.

#7 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,856 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

I just cannot see getting anything but an offensive lineman in the first round. All the WR speed, route running and separation in the world will not help us if the QB is scrambling and we can't develop a running game to take the heat off. Center and/or guard at #29 IMO.

You get my vote. +1

#8 boulderterp

boulderterp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

I have seen him quite a few times, he dominates highly rated corners everytime. I have a gut feeling he will be drafted by the Ravens somehow, trade back or holding pat. He to me is the most undervalued player in the whole draft. His getting separation is overblown, he gets it once he wants it, he
Is so talented when the ball is in the air he adjusts and just attacks the ball with amazing hands. Plus, he has amazing burst after the catch. Last year SC defense was so good and RB, but QB was horrible they just didn't put it up much not to lose games. I think in the long run he will be the best WR in this class.

#9 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

I have seen him quite a few times, he dominates highly rated corners everytime. I have a gut feeling he will be drafted by the Ravens somehow, trade back or holding pat. He to me is the most undervalued player in the whole draft. His getting separation is overblown, he gets it once he wants it, he
Is so talented when the ball is in the air he adjusts and just attacks the ball with amazing hands. Plus, he has amazing burst after the catch. Last year SC defense was so good and RB, but QB was horrible they just didn't put it up much not to lose games. I think in the long run he will be the best WR in this class.

What other receiver intrigues you. Is Jeffries all that. I saw some file footage and when he played against some so called elites he looked alittle avarage.

#10 TDL

TDL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

With their OL problems and with Lewis and Reed nearing the end they should have their azzes kicked if the draft a wideout in round 1.Rice isn't very effective without decent blocking and Flacco won't be completing many passes if he's on his back.

#11 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

With their OL problems and with Lewis and Reed nearing the end they should have their azzes kicked if the draft a wideout in round 1.Rice isn't very effective without decent blocking and Flacco won't be completing many passes if he's on his back.

I must actually concurr on this. W/all your other issues across the board.....WR should be the least of your concerns in R1 (and yet it is a sizable one in it's own right.)

#12 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,415 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

I must actually concurr on this. W/all your other issues across the board.....WR should be the least of your concerns in R1 (and yet it is a sizable one in it's own right.)

The Ravens are coming off a 2-14 season.

#13 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

The Ravens are coming off a 2-14 season.

No....not this past yr.....but if you don't sure up those holes and fast.....give it a couple seasons or so.

#14 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

we were a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl. The Colts are the worst team in the NFL and one of the worst in NFL history and your Redskins are the second worst. Either way you slice it, your teams suck and if you think putting quality organizations down changes a damn thing, you truly are a moron

#15 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

we were a dropped pass away from the Super Bowl. The Colts are the worst team in the NFL and one of the worst in NFL history and your Redskins are the second worst. Either way you slice it, your teams suck and if you think putting quality organizations down changes a damn thing, you truly are a moron

Ignoring (yet again) the 'your Redskins' crack....these two teams are getting two of the greatest QB prospects in....wait for it.....NFL history (yes I said it.) Worst teams in history? N(ot)F(or)L(ong.)

#16 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Ignoring (yet again) the 'your Redskins' crack....these two teams are getting two of the greatest QB prospects in....wait for it.....NFL history (yes I said it.) Worst teams in history? N(ot)F(or)L(ong.)

The 2011 Colts were one of the worst teams in NFL history and in some categories THE worst. Please explain to me how cutting the entire core of their team is going to make them better? They will be lucky to have a winning season this decade and i have to say that's sounding like a pretty lofty goal

#17 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

The 2011 Colts were one of the worst teams in NFL history and in some categories THE worst. Please explain to me how cutting the entire core of their team is going to make them better? They will be lucky to have a winning season this decade and i have to say that's sounding like a pretty lofty goal

Give me my due at the end of the year when you look up and see us w/9 Ws minimum.

#18 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Give me my due at the end of the year when you look up and see us w/9 Ws minimum.

again you will be lucky if they can match the 2-14 record from last year. Please stop dodging the question and explain how they will reach this minimum of 9 wins plateau

#19 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

His weight flux is the issue. It's said he loves to eat and weight is the enemy of spend. He lost weight for the combine. Sanu/Randle/Hill/Wright would be safe picks. The latter may be selected before we pick so reaching for them maybe the only way to get them. I think Jeffery would be a steal in the upper second but I got a gut feeling that Sanu would be our pick there. I believe if Wright/Hill where close enough they should take him with trade of a 1st and 5th round picks.

I think A.J. offers more upside but Wright offers immediate production much like a Desean Jackson, or Mike Wallace. Key is we need Speed and open field elusive plays to compliment Boldin's toughness, Smith's speed to take the top off and the next x/z wide-out route tree responsibilities.

And to be totally effect they really need Doss to step up or they need to draft 2 receivers.

And right now my prime two targets would be A) Wright/Randle B) Hill/Sanu

It's still early before the draft...So my mock picks continue to evolve.

Spot on from what I read in regards to Jeffrey. He will go in the 2nd round at best. He is a baller, but being in shape is a big question mark. Reminds me of Mike Williams from USC a couple years ago, where he has all the talent, but will he eat his way out of the league.

#20 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

again you will be lucky if they can match the 2-14 record from last year. Please stop dodging the question and explain how they will reach this minimum of 9 wins plateau

The now have the Zbinator. Zibby. Zibs. TommyZ. You know, that guy that just a year ago should have quit football to concentrate on boxing.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users