• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Took the trip up to New York City on saturday for the Caps/Rangers game and we had a great time! Nestor said he's loading up a couple buses for the Eagles and Skins games next season. Has anyone ever taken a football trip with him and if so was it fun?

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Took the trip up to New York City on saturday for the Caps/Rangers game and we had a great time! Nestor said he's loading up a couple buses for the Eagles and Skins games next season. Has anyone ever taken a football trip with him and if so was it fun?

Hey.....now you know thats illegal right? Wouldn't go broad casting that to every1.

Oh.....wait.....you mean a ROAD trip....:D:P:rwb:

#3 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hey.....now you know thats illegal right? Wouldn't go broad casting that to every1.

Oh.....wait.....you mean a ROAD trip....:D:P:rwb:

I said road trip. What the hell is your point?

#4 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

you mean besides the fact he's a world class moron? he's playing on the fact there is a very vocal minority who hate Nestor almost as much as you hate..well you know
:eek: CYHMN Enterprises-- Manufacturing gloom and doom since 1998. :eek:

chaos, panic, disorder-- my work is done here...;)

#5 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

I've done an O's game at Yankee Stadium with WNST. No complaints. Haven't done a road football game with them, though I've done many on my own. Frankly, I wouldn't pay the mark-up for a trip to DC or Philly. Only did NY on the group trip once to get the lay of the land. We've gone our own way the last couple of years...
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#6 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Been to St. Louis, Landover twice, and Tampa with Nestor. For the St. Louis trip, we also went to see the Cards play at Busch Stadium. The seats are normally nose bleed, but the group is usually a lot of fun.

We found that we could travel cheaper by planning and booking the trips ourselves, but if you'd prefer to do it the convenient way, I would recommend Nestor's trips.

Also did Midnight Madness at Cole Field House and a Terps game at the Polestra with a side trip to Atlantic City. It's a good way to meet new and like-minded people.
Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#7 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Been to St. Louis, Landover twice, and Tampa with Nestor. For the St. Louis trip, we also went to see the Cards play at Busch Stadium. The seats are normally nose bleed, but the group is usually a lot of fun.

We found that we could travel cheaper by planning and booking the trips ourselves, but if you'd prefer to do it the convenient way, I would recommend Nestor's trips.

Also did Midnight Madness at Cole Field House and a Terps game at the Polestra with a side trip to Atlantic City. It's a good way to meet new and like-minded people.

sounds pretty good to me. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and have the arrangements taken care of. I hate driving to games. Always take the train for any games in Baltimore

#8 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

sounds pretty good to me. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and have the arrangements taken care of. I hate driving to games. Always take the train for any games in Baltimore

He's been doing a lot of awful long bus trips lately, so if you'd prefer to fly, make sure to check first. I'm not too keen on a 7 hour (or longer) bus trip to an away game.
... R.I.P. Arch

#9 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

He's been doing a lot of awful long bus trips lately, so if you'd prefer to fly, make sure to check first. I'm not too keen on a 7 hour (or longer) bus trip to an away game.

sorry boss. Me and John Madden have similar views on flying. I'm 22 years old and never been aboard a plane and probably never will be. So the long road trips suit me just fine:D:D

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'm 22 years old :D

Wow....much older than Id assumed. I stand corrected.

#11 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Wow....much older than Id assumed. I stand corrected.

please tell me what you assumed my age was and why. I can't resist this one:rolleyes:

#12 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

sorry boss. Me and John Madden have similar views on flying. I'm 22 years old and never been aboard a plane and probably never will be. So the long road trips suit me just fine:D:D

I didn't know, sorry. :)

Everyone should fly at least once in their lifetime. Give it some thought. A short flight is preferable for the first time. Mine was about 10 minutes or so.
... R.I.P. Arch

#13 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I didn't know, sorry. :)

Everyone should fly at least once in their lifetime. Give it some thought. A short flight is preferable for the first time. Mine was about 10 minutes or so.

I might take a flight down to Charlotte or something for the Nascar race. That seems like a good beginner's flight

#14 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

I might take a flight down to Charlotte or something for the Nascar race. That seems like a good beginner's flight

Perfect.

My first commercial flight was the road trip to St. Louis for the Ravens opener in '99. About an hour and a half to two hours, IIRC.
... R.I.P. Arch

#15 PT709

PT709

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Went to San Diego with Nestor and NST years ago. It's a good time if you have a friend or family along with you. If you're traveling by yourself it's easy to get lost in the crowd. A lot of the people who traveled with him knew each other or have known each other from previous trips so they tended to hang out with each other. But recently Nestor has booked bars/restaurants and thrown pregame parties which are fun. As for the game, be prepared to sit in the nosebleed seats unless you buy your own tickets. Sitting in the last couple rows of the upper deck, you have less chance of things being thrown at you. Also be prepared if the Ravens lose because it's like they say....it is not a fun trip home.

#16 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,471 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

I flew plenty as a kid. Then I worked for an airline for a while in college. THAT made me afraid to fly. ;) After September 11th I lifted my self-imposed flying ban, just on general principle.
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#17 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

please tell me what you assumed my age was and why. I can't resist this one:rolleyes:

15 or 16 or so......your posts are rather on the sophomoric side.....so I was figuring a sophomoric age I guess.

#18 Nightman

Nightman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Although I never went with WNST, I recommend two other groups that have road trips going to Ravens away games. Either Ravenette Trips run by Sherry Lowery which I went with last year to Jacksonville, which you have to provide your own airfare which I went out of Reagan National in DC and saved some money over Southwest. The only gripe was she cut corners on transportation from Everbank Field by having us ride the Water Taxis back to the hotel. The wait made Baltimore's light rail look good by comparison.

The other group Ravenstrips.com run by Cole Rubin is a little more expensive, but as he says you get what you pay for. I went with them to the Atlanta game two years ago and they provided motorcoach service to and from the Hotel to the Georgia Dome, although it was a seven block walk to the Dome.

Either way I'd rather go with these package operators than WNST and face the long schlep from my home in Rockville to a desolate parking lot in White Marsh.

#19 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

15 or 16 or so......your posts are rather on the sophomoric side.....so I was figuring a sophomoric age I guess.

I'm not expecting you to know this since you're a moron but do you know what projection is?

#20 CTFAN

CTFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

You really should try flying. Of course, the first thing you'll see when you get to the airport is a sign that reads, "TERMINAL". Probably not a good thing for those who fear flying.
www.pictureframingschool.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users