Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vietnam vet against the war

Dead man walking...this site

126 posts in this topic

Well it's Friday, so we've got smallwoode's visit (or as I like to call it-Bacardi night) to look forward to...

Kenny Chesney isn't a lesbian. I heard he doesn't even like women!

I thought him and Grace Potter had hooked up?? She is smoking hot!!!

Looks to me like having two sites has split the core posters. But most of the obnoxious right wing posters are still on here, and I make it a point not to feed the trolls.

But I still check in from time to time to check out Norman's avatars.

Well it's Friday, so we've got smallwoode's visit (or as I like to call it-Bacardi night) to look forward to...

Is he here yet?

Anytime. :P

And ... Nota started a thread here? Why? I thought he was happier at the other site and didn't have any use for this one anymore.

Maybe the other site started imposing a limit on the number of threads the posters over there can start about themselves or about guns? :confused:

It's actually rather funny that posters from there still feel the need to pretend it's some sort of contest between the two sites when it's really only Open Mike that's changed.

Does anyone have the link to the other site? I'd like to see if it's changed any. They did have a few interesting posters like that Rastus person and that Sgt. Joe Friday who basically schooled the usual suspects that used to post here who had to convince each other that they weren't being schooled.

But they were!! :P

Maybe the other site started imposing a limit on the number of threads the posters over there can start about themselves or about guns? :confused:

It's actually rather funny that posters from there still feel the need to pretend it's some sort of contest between the two sites when it's really only Open Mike that's changed.

Does anyone have the link to the other site? I'd like to see if it's changed any. They did have a few interesting posters like that Rastus person and that Sgt. Joe Friday who basically schooled the usual suspects that used to post here who had to convince each other that they weren't being schooled.

I like the other site too, but here is a thread from there that you may find interesting. :D

http://sunspotlives.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=talk&thread=4956&page=1#108818

Seeing how it posts this thread over there, it's only fair that that thread be posted over here, right? ;)

maybe tonight .......

maybe he ran out of liquor ......

<sigh> You don't think he forgot us, do you?

Rastus = Mitchum

Sgt. Joe Friday - Hst2

You haven't missed a thing.

Another reason that I don't post much over there anymore. And before you ask, no, I would never cut and paste of thread of yours there to this or any other site.

I never even thought about it, I guess. I wouldn't care if you did. If I post something on one internet site, I never assume that someone somewhere else isn't going to see it. Especially on public forums like these.

I never even thought about it, I guess. I wouldn't care if you did. If I post something on one internet site, I never assume that someone somewhere else isn't going to see it. Especially on public forums like these.

Okay. Fair enough.

not a chance ;) ........

I hear there is a new iPhone ap!

What a great way to highlight all of the sections that never get new threads.

Sorry Dundalk Debbie. I don't mean to burst your bubble but I don't post anywhere but here and on Twitter.

My goodness, calling out a poster with her real name? Where is Mighty Mom with her scissors?

We all know Special Kreep never fibs: He is way too busy traveling the world and attending million dollar fundraisers. There is no time to post elsewhere! :rolleyes:

:)

I hope both sites do well and continue to grow. I do not see the point in wishing anything bad on anyone. :(

I just wish more people would grasp the concept that having differences of opinion is what makes discussion forums interesting in the first place ~ to see what others are saying and thinking.

So what if someone believes differently or holds a different view? Is that really something to cause someone to wish harm on another group? :(:confused:

Sorry Dundalk Debbie. I don't mean to burst your bubble but I don't post anywhere but here and on Twitter.

Right. :rolleyes:

Are we dead yet?

Perhaps we need a scientific poll to determine conclusively? :confused:

see I told you he still loved us ;) ..........

I like the other site too, but here is a thread from there that you may find interesting. :D

http://sunspotlives.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=talk&thread=4956&page=1#108818

Seeing how it posts this thread over there, it's only fair that that thread be posted over here, right? ;)

The Champ is right of course, as he always is. I have said all along that whatever site got the Champ would win the talk forum war. The Champ made this place what it was. Even on the other board you can see how Nota, Ap, Hotdog and all the others follow his lead on everything. He is clearly a leader over there. The Sun should give the Champ a free subscription here and all the regulars over there would follow him back. I wish they would let me join over there. I miss the Champ :(.

The problem with "Sunspot Lives" is that its parent site, ProBoards, was listed as having hosted java applets or pages that surreptitiously install malware, Trojan horses, and viruses while you are on the site (according to Google Safe Browsing)

I don't plan on going there myself.

But yeah. This site seems to be dying out. Same couple 'a trolls, same couple of people countering trolls/ talking about actual news. It's not really the same anymore, and the threads aren't nearly as active. I'm a non-active member of a less troll-inhabited forum (under a different handle and avatar), and I'm thinking of just packing up and moving over there.

You remember the music threads?

Remember the evolution thread that Mr Black and myself argued in?

They're all so old that the site won't display them.