• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Local Boy

Local Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Last night I was wondering how long Buck would let this young man go. As always he took one batter to long. The game was over in 5 if Buck plays by his own book. Let the kid start the 6th but if he gets into trouble, yank him. To many times games are lost by using the book but tonight Buck should have went by his own book
:cool: To be a winner, you have to dedicate yourself to the cause.

#2 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

An error opened the flood gates and nixed what would have been the end of the inning (and a 4-2 lead). The bigger problem is that the Orioles managed to total a whopping SIX hits over the course of 12 innings. You can't expect your staff to hold the Yankees to 1 or 2 runs every game. Well, you CAN if you're the Orioles front office... but you'll lose 80% of the games.

2 runs Monday. 4 runs Tuesday. Not going to cut it in this division.
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#3 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,445 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

Chen's a lefty, Gardner's a lefty, I saw the logic in leaving him in but it was pretty clear he was gassed.

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,947 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

An error opened the flood gates and nixed what would have been the end of the inning (and a 4-2 lead). The bigger problem is that the Orioles managed to total a whopping SIX hits over the course of 12 innings. You can't expect your staff to hold the Yankees to 1 or 2 runs every game. Well, you CAN if you're the Orioles front office... but you'll lose 80% of the games.

2 runs Monday. 4 runs Tuesday. Not going to cut it in this division.

the good news is that they're bunching their few hits together, so it's resulting in runs on the board. that's something they didn't do as well last year. all their hits were scattered. that's what made Vlad and Reynolds such non-factors last year. they could only gets hits when it didn't matter. Reynolds has been continuing that trend this year.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Reynolds curly q's must be getting in his eyes.

#6 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Fans crack me up. They want our manager to be Kreskin: If the starter stays in and blows it? should have taken him out. If the reliever blows it? Why the hell he take the starter out? It's idiotic and annoying. I hope Buck does it more often. This is a young staff on a team going nowhere. Challenge them, let Arrieta pitch the 8th inning tonight if it's 2-1 and see what he's made of. If he blows it who cares? This season should be about finding out which of these young pitchers is for real and who can handle pitching late in games.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,947 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Fans crack me up. They want our manager to be Kreskin: If the starter stays in and blows it? should have taken him out. If the reliever blows it? Why the hell he take the starter out? It's idiotic and annoying. I hope Buck does it more often. This is a young staff on a team going nowhere. Challenge them, let Arrieta pitch the 8th inning tonight if it's 2-1 and see what he's made of. If he blows it who cares? This season should be about finding out which of these young pitchers is for real and who can handle pitching late in games.

I agree that he should find out what they're made of. I was on board with Buck's managing last night.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#8 boulderterp

boulderterp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Last night I was wondering how long Buck would let this young man go. As always he took one batter to long. The game was over in 5 if Buck plays by his own book. Let the kid start the 6th but if he gets into trouble, yank him. To many times games are lost by using the book but tonight Buck should have went by his own book

I agree. He leaves guys into long, especially starters. He manages better once the roster expands. He tries to get an inning or a few batters to much, IMO.
Ps- was his rap in Arizona and Texas, too.

#9 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

I agree. He leaves guys into long, especially starters. He manages better once the roster expands. He tries to get an inning or a few batters to much, IMO.
Ps- was his rap in Arizona and Texas, too.

Nonsense. You don't know if he leaves guys in too long UNLESS they blow it. And you don't know if they will blow it if you don't give them a chance. Then when we take them out too early you'll be here in Aug whining about our bullpen being worn out
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#10 boulderterp

boulderterp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Nonsense. You don't know if he leaves guys in too long UNLESS they blow it. And you don't know if they will blow it if you don't give them a chance. Then when we take them out too early you'll be here in Aug whining about our bullpen being worn out

They are carrying 12 pitchers. Had 3 starters pitch into the 8th- 3 consecutive games and have an off day this week. He should of lifted him. Plus, with the depth in the minors in starters and releivers when arms get tired bring up those guys.

#11 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

Two games in a row. Will the book be closed now. Let's go back to the Earl Weaver book. You have to give a dam about yourself and about your team to play for the O's. If not take a hike and take your wares somewhere else.Pride is what they all need. Once a starter would go crazy if he was taken out of a close game.

#12 Cholmondeley

Cholmondeley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Ayala came in and, in a matter of seconds, gave up a hit that tied the score. Not one word was uttered about this throughout the game recap or anywhere else within yesterday's baseball news !!
Insanabile carpendi cacoethes.

#13 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

all I know is I NEVER want to see Gregg on the mound....NEVER

when he comes in my TV changes channels

#14 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended