Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimmy Jazz

Yankees At Orioles 11 April Game Thread

142 posts in this topic

Jeter, SS

Granderson, CF

Cano, 2B

Rodriguez, 3B

Teixeira, 1B

Swisher, RF

Ibanez, DH

Martin, C

Gardner, LF

Sabathia, LHP

vs

Reimold, LF

Hardy, SS

Markakis, RF

Jones, CF

Wieters, C

Reynolds, 3B

Paulino, DH

Betemit, 1B

Andino, 2B

Arrieta, RHP

O's sign Piniero to minor league deal and view him as long reliever. I don't have a problem with this deal. Need a long reliever and he's a groundball pitcher

seeing how I'm still miffed over last nights debacle I will not be watching tonight's game due to the fact that I'm a fakey fan....

Enjoy the game real fans

Nice work by Andino, coming back from an 0-2 count to tie the game with a single.

He is the Orioles grittiest, toughest player. He is a gamer. Probably the Oriole I respect the most.

bases loaded, 2 runs, now we're tied. But slidemaster and antimoon won't even know this, cos they aren't watching anymore. I don't know what a "fakey fan" is, but someone who leaves a game that early that is well within reach still certainly doesn't strike me as a TRUE fan....

Still needs to show he can hit righties at better than a .250 clip. Roberts in the pregame sounds like he's making great progress and will be back this year. Interesting problem to have

bases loaded, 2 runs, now we're tied. But slidemaster and antimoon won't even know this, cos they aren't watching anymore. I don't know what a "fakey fan" is, but someone who leaves a game that early that is well within reach still certainly doesn't strike me as a TRUE fan....

3-0 Pens after 1 so I came back to watch the inevitable disappointing dee feat.

Angelos loves fans like you. They don't care but you do. I've lived and died with this team since I was 5 back in 1980. Now the losses just don't hurt as much if at all so yeah if that makes me a fakey fan so be it. Better to be fake than a sucker

Angelos loves fans like you. They don't care but you do. I've lived and died with this team since I was 5 back in 1980. Now the losses just don't hurt as much if at all so yeah if that makes me a fakey fan so be it. Better to be fake than a sucker

Nailed it. Never love anything that doesn't love you back.

3-0 Pens after 1 so I came back to watch the inevitable disappointing dee feat.

The Flyers are shaming me more than the Orioles ever could.

The O's are supposed to suck.

Tonight's DH... Ronny Paulino... end of the inning.

Their DH is a light hitting catcher who hasn't been a regular since 2007. It's 2012 now. Another reason why they get outscored with alarming regularity... :)

Still needs to show he can hit righties at better than a .250 clip. Roberts in the pregame sounds like he's making great progress and will be back this year. Interesting problem to have

He certainly has his shortcomings but for filler material I think he's done better than hoped for.

why are you watching now, then....? :confused:

When the UMD football team loses, it doesn't hurt me, either, because I don't care about them and don't watch their games. If I did watch, tho, it would because I DID care, and I'd be somewhat emotionally invested (I consider my time valuable, I'm not wasting it watching a game I don't really care about....but I guess that's just me!)

Look: I don't care for Angelos. I think he wants to win but only on HIS terms, doing it HIS way, which has been proven to be a bad way to do it (micromanagement of baseball professionals by his unqualified son; refusal to giving full power to his GMs so they can hire and fire who they please, etc).....and there are some fans who are so fed up with his incompetence that they are boycotting the team -- won't go to games/spend money, etc. THAT I can understand, and even respect: they care SO much they just can't do it anymore. What you're talking about, though, I don't get. Watching them because you don't care much anymore...?!

I don't consider myself to be a "sucker." I think the players are trying their best despite their bungling owner, and I grew up here in Baltimore with this team, going to game w/my dad at Memorial in the mid-70s, and beginning to watch and follow the team ever since that '79 season (I'll remember sleeping over my best friend's house and watching the WS games w/Pittsburgh as long as I live). Around '85 or so I lost interest in baseball and didn't really follow the team closely anymore, even in the late 90s when they were damn good. I'd watch part of a game now and then, but that was it. But for some reason around the beginning of 2010 season (perhaps to feel a connection with my dad, who died a few years ago and liked the team too), I started intently following them again, watching every game just like I did when I was back in high school. I understand the impact of the last 14 years, even if I didn't live them with the team....maybe I'll feel exactly like you 14 years from now if nothing has changed, but somehow I doubt it. I think either I'll still be watching and caring, or I'll go on strike....but I can't imagine rooting for ANY other team (unthinkable to just "switch" teams because one is temporarily winning more games -- what do I do later, if they start playing .500 or better? Come back? That would pretty much be the DEFINITION of "fair weather fan," it seems to me), and I don't think I could envision a situation where I'd be giving them my time, watching them play, but not really caring whether they win or lose....have fun with that, guy.