• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 SimiValleyFan

SimiValleyFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Going with the old cartoon Oriole on the uniform kindled a long dormant loyalty. But dropping 3 at home to the reviled Yankees just reminds me that Peter Angelos should sell the team or go straight to hell. I'm happy with whichever happens first. Eff this guy. Go away Angelos. Seriously. No one in Baltimore wants you or your kids running this team. Buh-bye.

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,354 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Going with the old cartoon Oriole on the uniform kindled a long dormant loyalty. But dropping 3 at home to the reviled Yankees just reminds me that Peter Angelos should sell the team or go straight to hell. I'm happy with whichever happens first. Eff this guy. Go away Angelos. Seriously. No one in Baltimore wants you or your kids running this team. Buh-bye.

Ooooooh. Moon is going to get you for that one.
The kids are alright.

#3 TravisMoon

TravisMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,945 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

o

:rolleyes:

TM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "The Preying Matusz" devours another batter!

#4 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

o

:rolleyes:

TM

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

#5 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

D

:rolleyes::rolleyes: rt back at cha.

'Hate' is never a good thing.....but face it....you are likely stuck w/this family perhaps for another generation or so.

(That is....provided they actually keep the team in Baltimore of course.)

#6 CharmCityCrab

CharmCityCrab

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

I agree with you 100%.

Angelos is the second worst team owner Baltimore has ever had. He'd be the worst if Irsay hadn't actually moved the Colts to another city.

#7 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

I agree with you 100%.

Angelos is the second worst team owner Baltimore has ever had. He'd be the worst if Irsay hadn't actually moved the Colts to another city.

I almost wish Angelos drank...

Besides potentially moving the team, I'd say it couldn't be any worse, just more entertaining

#8 Buford

Buford

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

The once proud franchise is but a distant memory....sigh....
Awesomeness - An unmeasurable amount of awesomenimity something can produce

#9 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Moving the team. Good old locker combo is running out of trollin ideas. Best ballpark, great cable deal=license to print money. You'll get laid before he moves the team.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#10 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

The city of Baltimore would never allow the Orioles organization to leave yet alone MLB. This has been stated many times.

#11 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,286 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

But dropping 3 at home to the reviled Yankees just reminds me that Peter Angelos should sell the team or go straight to hell.

The Orioles have been dropping three at home to the Yankees for the past 11, 12, 13 years...

And Peter Angelos does nothing about it.

The Orioles continue to lack proven Major League pitching and run-producers, but of course, it's never addressed over the offseason.

#12 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hector has already decided Angelos isn't part of the equation here.

So if everyone could just move along, it would be appreciated...

#13 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

The city of Baltimore would never allow the Orioles organization to leave yet alone MLB. This has been stated many times.

Just like the city of Cleveland and the NFL wouldn't 'allow' the Browns to move. :rolleyes:

Does the city of Baltimore own the team? Does MLB?

I rest my case.

#14 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

Just like the city of Cleveland and the NFL wouldn't 'allow' the Browns to move. :rolleyes:

Does the city of Baltimore own the team? Does MLB?

I rest my case.

Not much of a case.

1. First off, there is no city right now where a team could realistically move. otherwise there are few franchises that would be all over it by now. TB first and foremost, Oak 2nd.

2. Angelos isn't moving the team even if there WAS more money to be made elsewhere. (and again, there isn't). He's said so repeatedly, and he isn't going to do it.

3. Baseball itself would block it. How many MLB teams have moved compared to NFL teams in the last 40 years or so? That's why the NFL model is not appropriate. If and when a city pops up that is ready to build a new stadium... there will be far more franchises with a better case for moving than the O's in the commish's eyes.

#15 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

It's the same nonsense argument defending Angelos saying he kept the O's in baltimore. He bought the team 1 year after Camden opened. Team was going nowhere
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#16 gps29070

gps29070

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

The Orioles have been dropping three at home to the Yankees for the past 11, 12, 13 years...

Actually the Yankees sweep in Baltimore was the first one in several years.

#17 gps29070

gps29070

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,915 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

team isn't going anywhere... Just based on that fact that there isn't a single market out there that would support them better.

#18 boulderterp

boulderterp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

His kids are different and are actually embarrassed about the Oriole situation. One son is totally sick of his father and his reputation he has gotten because of his father, he doesn't mention who he is in public. Angelos is 82, so who knows how much time he has left.

#19 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,354 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

His kids are different and are actually embarrassed about the Oriole situation. One son is totally sick of his father and his reputation he has gotten because of his father, he doesn't mention who he is in public. Angelos is 82, so who knows how much time he has left.

Another 20 years, if the Billy Joel song is true.
The kids are alright.

#20 TravisMoon

TravisMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,945 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by pitbull [IMG]http://talk.baltimoresun.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]

Actually the Yankees sweep in Baltimore was the first one in several years.

Whoops. :)

TM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "The Preying Matusz" devours another batter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users