20 replies to this topic

#1 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...ars-source-says

Thank goodness, I was so sick and tired of hearing from fans who wanted to give him a second chance when some of those same people probably weren't willing to give guys like Grbac, Frank Sanders or Leon Searcy a second chance. All three of those guys were one year flops due to bad performance or injury, how is Evans suddenly so different from those three is beyond me. I do wish him all the best in Jacksonville but he just didn't fit here and Aaron Wilson told me that Harbaugh really didn't want him to begin with.

#2 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,845 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Aaron Wilson told me that Harbaugh really didn't want him to begin with.

That's probably because Lee didn't play special teams.....
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 TDL

TDL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Bummer.

That spoils my scenario of him re-signing with the Bills and being sent by the team to NYC to announce who they were choosing with the 4th round pick they acquired from the Ravens.

Sure it's a little twisted, but still...

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Thank goodness, I was so sick and tired of hearing from fans who wanted to give him a second chance when some of those same people probably weren't willing to give guys like Grbac, Frank Sanders or Leon Searcy a second chance. All three of those guys were one year flops due to bad performance or injury, how is Evans suddenly so different from those three is beyond me. I do wish him all the best in Jacksonville but he just didn't fit here and Aaron Wilson told me that Harbaugh really didn't want him to begin with.

I'm actually sick and tired of hearing fans who blame the entire reason the Ravens didn't make the superbowl on Evans. Yeah, he missed an opportunity at a clutch catch, but the defender made a good play. Everyone forgets that Flacco threw an int two series before that. The Patriots might have put the game away on that drive had they not stupidly thrown deep. Evans was hurt for more than half the year, unfortunate and unlucky because it was the first time in his career he missed extensive time. I have a hard time believing that Harbaugh didn't want a guy who was a quality receiver up until last year when all he had was Boldin. Boldin blew a clutch pass as well against Pittsburgh in the playoffs that would have been a TD, with no defender knocking the ball away from him. Maybe he should be released as well. It will be interesting to see what Evans does with Jacksonville. Maybe his career is over, but I can't help thinking that he is getting the full blame for the Ravens falling short again when there was a lot of blame to go around.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#5 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

I'm actually sick and tired of hearing fans who blame the entire reason the Ravens didn't make the superbowl on Evans. Yeah, he missed an opportunity at a clutch catch, but the defender made a good play. Everyone forgets that Flacco threw an int two series before that. The Patriots might have put the game away on that drive had they not stupidly thrown deep. Evans was hurt for more than half the year, unfortunate and unlucky because it was the first time in his career he missed extensive time. I have a hard time believing that Harbaugh didn't want a guy who was a quality receiver up until last year when all he had was Boldin. Boldin blew a clutch pass as well against Pittsburgh in the playoffs that would have been a TD, with no defender knocking the ball away from him. Maybe he should be released as well. It will be interesting to see what Evans does with Jacksonville. Maybe his career is over, but I can't help thinking that he is getting the full blame for the Ravens falling short again when there was a lot of blame to go around.

This is not about him "dropping" the pass in the AFC title game, this is about him catching only 4 passes and being hurt half the season. This is about him not stepping up when Boldin missed the last two games of the regular season (it sickens me that people ignore that, especially him dropping an easy 40 yard pass against the Bengals in Week 17). This is about him not pushing himself harder to come back sooner which is what Harbaugh wanted (ask Aaron Wilson). Evans has been on the decline for a while now and Harbaugh didn't want him because he wasn't the perfect fit for Cam's system. When are some of you going to realize that the Ravens need a big WR that will fit this offense, Cam is not going to suddenly become some creative genius, he needs a big tall athletic WR (a Malcom Floyd or Vincent Jackson type). Evans is a quality WR and I do wish him all the best but he just wasn't a good fit here scheme wise, he's a one trick pony and his one trick (speed) isn't as effective it use to be. The Ravens know that this draft is deep at WR and they plan to take advantage of it at some point in the draft. It's over for Evans here and it's time to move on to the draft. Not many fans were willing to give Elvis Grbac, Frank Sanders or Leon Searcy a second chance when they were hurt (Sanders, Searcy) or struggled (Grbac) and failed to help the Ravens win a Superbowl so how is Evans different? What kind of damn spell did he put on some of these fans who are in love with him? Far as Boldin, Quan has only missed two games since he's been here and the Ravens invested more in him than Evans. If Evans had done what Torrey Smith ended up doing (catching 50 passes for over 800 yards and 7TDs) then I would welcome him back with open arms but he didn't so it was time for him to move on.

#6 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Way to go....you just ran off one of your better WRs. By all accounts the man is a professional who never complained/complains....just goes and does his job. Not his fault he was hurt....he made no secret of his frustration @ not being out there.

Unfortunately....you were never going to let him live down that play.....even tho it wasn't entirely on him. He had no choice but to escape the lynch mob.

#7 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Way to go....you just ran off one of your better WRs. By all accounts the man is a professional who never complained/complains....just goes and does his job. Not his fault he was hurt....he made no secret of his frustration @ not being out there.

Unfortunately....you were never going to let him live down that play.....even tho it wasn't entirely on him. He had no choice but to escape the lynch mob.

While I do agree with you that Lee is one of the better receivers, I say he was the sole reason for the Ravens loss. If he concentrates and completes the play he is a hero in Baltimore but more important a fixture for years to come with the other wr the Ravens have it would have been nice.

#8 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

This is not about him "dropping" the pass in the AFC title game, this is about him catching only 4 passes and being hurt half the season. This is about him not stepping up when Boldin missed the last two games of the regular season (it sickens me that people ignore that, especially him dropping an easy 40 yard pass against the Bengals in Week 17). This is about him not pushing himself harder to come back sooner which is what Harbaugh wanted (ask Aaron Wilson). Evans has been on the decline for a while now and Harbaugh didn't want him because he wasn't the perfect fit for Cam's system. When are some of you going to realize that the Ravens need a big WR that will fit this offense, Cam is not going to suddenly become some creative genius, he needs a big tall athletic WR (a Malcom Floyd or Vincent Jackson type). Evans is a quality WR and I do wish him all the best but he just wasn't a good fit here scheme wise, he's a one trick pony and his one trick (speed) isn't as effective it use to be. The Ravens know that this draft is deep at WR and they plan to take advantage of it at some point in the draft. It's over for Evans here and it's time to move on to the draft. Not many fans were willing to give Elvis Grbac, Frank Sanders or Leon Searcy a second chance when they were hurt (Sanders, Searcy) or struggled (Grbac) and failed to help the Ravens win a Superbowl so how is Evans different? What kind of damn spell did he put on some of these fans who are in love with him? Far as Boldin, Quan has only missed two games since he's been here and the Ravens invested more in him than Evans. If Evans had done what Torrey Smith ended up doing (catching 50 passes for over 800 yards and 7TDs) then I would welcome him back with open arms but he didn't so it was time for him to move on.

Well, sometimes people do get hurt. It was disappointing, but his past history gave no indication of that. You criticize his missing an easy 40 yard pass against the Bengals, what about Anquan Boldin's easy drop for a TD against the Steelers in the playoffs last year? Isn't that the kind of catch he gets paid to make? That may have cost the Ravens a superbowl chance against Green Bay. Had they won that game they would have hosted the Jets in the AFCC and probably beat them coming off of their upset win at NE. Instead, Pittsburgh went on to get that break and go to the superbowl. If Boldin holds on to a ball right in his gut, maybe it works out differently. I wouldn't bring back Evans at last years salary, he didn't warrant it. But I wouldn't have necessarily dumped him without a second thought either. As far as Harbaugh not wanting him, I'll believe that when I hear it from Harbaugh and not a Carroll County times writer. Aarron Wilson tweets about a thousand things a week, he's bound to get a couple right. But he thinks he is more of an inside source than he really is.
I will choose freewill.

#9 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Well, sometimes people do get hurt. It was disappointing, but his past history gave no indication of that. You criticize his missing an easy 40 yard pass against the Bengals, what about Anquan Boldin's easy drop for a TD against the Steelers in the playoffs last year? Isn't that the kind of catch he gets paid to make? That may have cost the Ravens a superbowl chance against Green Bay. Had they won that game they would have hosted the Jets in the AFCC and probably beat them coming off of their upset win at NE. Instead, Pittsburgh went on to get that break and go to the superbowl. If Boldin holds on to a ball right in his gut, maybe it works out differently. I wouldn't bring back Evans at last years salary, he didn't warrant it. But I wouldn't have necessarily dumped him without a second thought either. As far as Harbaugh not wanting him, I'll believe that when I hear it from Harbaugh and not a Carroll County times writer. Aarron Wilson tweets about a thousand things a week, he's bound to get a couple right. But he thinks he is more of an inside source than he really is.

You and I both know that Harbaugh would never throw a player under the bus publicly, Aaron Wilson doesn't have an ego like Preston or the other clowns who cover the Ravens. Aaron is the nice quiet guy who minds his business and does his job the right way. If the Ravens truly wanted Evans back he would be back on the cheap but clearly they didn't jump at the chance to give him a second chance. Torrey Smith did what the Ravens wanted Evans to do and now they know they need a bigger WR and this draft is full of them. We've all had our issues with Cam Cameron but the man has quietly been lobbying for a big WR every year he's been here and I know for a fact that he pushed hard for Ozzie to sign Malcom Floyd last year before he ultimately decided to go back to San Diego. We can debate this all we want but he's not coming back and we can move on to the draft where the Ravens will have a chance to draft a new WR.

#10 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

You and I both know that Harbaugh would never throw a player under the bus publicly, Aaron Wilson doesn't have an ego like Preston or the other clowns who cover the Ravens. Aaron is the nice quiet guy who minds his business and does his job the right way. If the Ravens truly wanted Evans back he would be back on the cheap but clearly they didn't jump at the chance to give him a second chance. Torrey Smith did what the Ravens wanted Evans to do and now they know they need a bigger WR and this draft is full of them. We've all had our issues with Cam Cameron but the man has quietly been lobbying for a big WR every year he's been here and I know for a fact that he pushed hard for Ozzie to sign Malcom Floyd last year before he ultimately decided to go back to San Diego. We can debate this all we want but he's not coming back and we can move on to the draft where the Ravens will have a chance to draft a new WR.

Agreed. Evans is gone and it is time to move on. On Wilson....I don't know him so I can't really comment much on him personally. I apologize if what I said sounded like a cheap shot. It really wasn't meant to be, it probably was just phrased a bit too flipantly. :o
I will choose freewill.

#11 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Agreed. Evans is gone and it is time to move on. On Wilson....I don't know him so I can't really comment much on him personally. I apologize if what I said sounded like a cheap shot. It really wasn't meant to be, it probably was just phrased a bit too flipantly. :o

It's cool man most of these insiders appear to be the same when they claim they have inside information but they end up trying to build up drama. Aaron Wilson doesn't have an agenda as opposed to guys like Preston, I tweeted and asked him about the Harbaugh/Evans issue and he told me that Harbaugh didn't feel that Evans was the right fit scheme wise but it had nothing to do with Evans as a person. I think Evans will do fine in Jacksonville because he will be reunited with the head coach who drafted him, Mike Mularkey. My frustration is more towards Cam Cameron and him not being more creative but since he wants to run a simple minded offense the Ravens should draft a big tall athletic WR who can compliment Torrey Smith and put Anquan Boldin in the slot. Guys like Torrey Smith and possibly Stephen Hill (if he's available and becomes a best player available option) can rely on their speed and natural abilities to make plays therefore making Cam look like a genius.

#12 mehatestagliapoo-poo

mehatestagliapoo-poo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

I wanted Evans back, for right price. I think he would have had to prove himself and would have turn it up.

I know we ran off a guy who did nothing here. But another team ran off the highest rated passer since Joe Montana. Yes the trolls team did.

Like father like son. Go Jimmy make your drunk papa proud.
It was the Economy

It was not the fear this time!!!:rwb:

#13 dowell

dowell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

One catch...and an easy one on a perfect throw from Flacco...and we are in the SB....still am suffering....good riddance...quality guy but he will never or will we...forget THE DROP....

#14 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

One catch...and an easy one on a perfect throw from Flacco...and we are in the SB....still am suffering....good riddance...quality guy but he will never or will we...forget THE DROP....

Doesn't reflect well on you as a fan base. The man is human....let him live and be.

And consumate pro that he is.....I bet anything he's already forgotten that play and will be ready to do good things in JAX.

#15 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,562 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Pass was far from perfect...it was behind Evans. If Flacco put more air under it and was a little deeper in the end zone it would have been perfect.

But I am sure you are one of those who still pees his pants over the Colts beating the Ravens in 2006...so.....

THE DROP wasn't even a drop...it was a strip...THE STRIP.

#16 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Doesn't reflect well on you as a fan base. The man is human....let him live and be.

And consumate pro that he is.....I bet anything he's already forgotten that play and will be ready to do good things in JAX.

Wish him luck having been reunited with Mularkey.

On the good side for Lee Evans, he is a professional, has a good work ethic and was reported to be willing to mentor the young receivers.

What I wonder is that with the development of Smith (the FORCED development due to Evans' injury) into one of the most dangerous WRs in the league, do we think the Ravens might expect that another WR (Doss, Williams, new draftee, etc.) might show the same improvement?

#17 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Pass was far from perfect...it was behind Evans. If Flacco put more air under it and was a little deeper in the end zone it would have been perfect.

But I am sure you are one of those who still pees his pants over the Colts beating the Ravens in 2006...so.....

THE DROP wasn't even a drop...it was a strip...THE STRIP.

I just looked at the replay again...the pass was a back shoulder pass in between two defenders. Not a perfect, "in stride" pass, but it did hit Evans in the hands!

Evans is Jacksonville's problem now.

Most of us believe Flacco is better than he is given credit, but needs to win the SB to get the Eli Manning treatment!

#18 yeah

yeah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

lol who is that in numbers avatar

#19 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,456 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

lol who is that in numbers avatar

His boyfriend, I believe. NTTAWWT. ;)
Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#20 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Good riddance you bum. I'd say go drop some clutch passes for the Jags but they don't have too many clutch situations to begin with. I give Ozzie credit for dumping this guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users