bernieb.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Calvert Hall 22
Germantown Academy 20
Played yesterday at the Hall.
Anybody go to this one. How long did it take them to finish? Any info on the second game score against Notre Dame (N.Y.)?

#2 George VII

George VII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

It took well over 3 hours for the game.

Germantown was leading 20-14 going into the bottom of the 7th. Alex Murphy hit a grand slam to end the game. It was his 3rd slam in 2 games. Unbelievable game.

The last game ended 10-0 after I think 5. There were 3 games, with two CHC opponents playing the middle game. The right fielder for Notre Dame, who had issues all day dropped a pop fly off Murphy's bat. The bases were loaded at the time, so you know what everyone was thinking.

I think CHC wanted to keep going, but the ump put and end to it. Notre Dame was overmatched in both games as they lost the middle game 6-0 to Germantown and only had one hit, that coming in the top of the 6th, which was the last inning for some reason. They had 3 hits against CHC.

In the 7th inning of the first game there was a close pick-off at first. The first baseman got the throw and swept the tag, but missed the lead arm (right) of the runner and did not tag until the left shoulder, and the runner was safe. The Germantown manager went nuts and ran on the field arguing, saying that everyone in the stadium saw the play. The fans in the patio area off first base almost all responded in unison with "he missed the tag". I think the manager was only around 24 years old. Anyway after the walk-off grand slam the manager charged the umpire again and was tossed....After the game was over. I am pretty sure he watched the middle game from the stands.

#3 bernieb.

bernieb.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Thanks. I thought the Sun made a typo. 42 runs has to be some kind of record.

#4 Kid_Cola

Kid_Cola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

CHC Baseball moved up to No. 32 (from 42) in the POWERADE FAB 50 Rankings: Week 8.

#5 1greydad

1greydad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

These high school national rankings are very suspect, especially in baseball, when a well-pitched game can stop a good team. That happened yesterday at St. Paul's when Wade pitched a solid game to beat Calvert Hall 6-4. The 1 through 6 men were held to 1 hit. So that ranking will not last long. CH at Gilman Thursday just to get back to a tie for first in the LC.

#6 shellshock

shellshock

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

These high school national rankings are very suspect, especially in baseball, when a well-pitched game can stop a good team. That happened yesterday at St. Paul's when Wade pitched a solid game to beat Calvert Hall 6-4. The 1 through 6 men were held to 1 hit. So that ranking will not last long. CH at Gilman Thursday just to get back to a tie for first in the LC.

Your knowledge of baseball is a bit suspect. It has always been the case at all levels that a well pitched game with good defense can beat anyone at anytime. Example: KC Royals, worst team in baseball, just beat the Indians who lead the Central, thanks to a well pitched game.

And your Greyhounds, well that game in their loss column was courtesy of a well pitched game by a team well back in the standings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users