26 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

That's right. I'm at it again.

I will say this--I have decided that I will always voice my opinions on all things Raven. I have studied this game longer than a lot of people in here, have seen behind-the-scenes--a la, the Super Bowl postgame press conference (and pregame), active locker rooms for 8 NFL teams, training camp non-fan sessions, conversations face-to-face with all-pro players--more than most in here. And I can prove it all right now. So, why should I feel timid about thoughts and ideas that might not be popular? In the long run, we'll see who's right. POINT: CAMERON AND FLACCO, STATUS QUO, WILL NOT SEE SUCCESS THIS SEASON. SOMETHING MUST CHANGE. Argue away, those who disagree, but I won't feel bad because people are sensitive about their 4th year, underachieving QB. I'm as much as a freakin' Raven as any one in here. I represent every day at work. I represent after church. I represent in restaurants. I've even represented on the front page of the local newspaper. In a photo, as well as the article.

Dang, this isn't even what I set out to talk about. But I've been meaning to say it.

The REAL controversy here is my idea to bring in Drew Brees. He doesn't want to re-up with that travesty of a franchise. He knows Cameron and has complimented him publicly. TRADE FLACCO TO NEW ORLEANS, along with a 2nd round pick, for DREW BREES. We can do it. He's not signing the franchise tag tender. He is "livid" -- CBS Sports. And even in Flacco's appearance at camp today, which is highly commendable (no one will remember that I said this, along with any of the positive things I say about Flacco), Harbaugh has not given him an indisputable thumbs-up. This move is not impossible.

May not happen, but it is worth a shout out.

Braven

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

To our chagrine. Do you EVER give up?

#3 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

I will say this--I have decided that I will always voice my opinions on all things Raven. I have studied this game longer than a lot of people in here, have seen behind-the-scenes--a la, the Super Bowl postgame press conference (and pregame), active locker rooms for 8 NFL teams, training camp non-fan sessions, conversations face-to-face with all-pro players--more than most in here. And I can prove it all right now. So, why should I feel timid about thoughts and ideas that might not be popular? In the long run, we'll see who's right. POINT: CAMERON AND FLACCO, STATUS QUO, WILL NOT SEE SUCCESS THIS SEASON. SOMETHING MUST CHANGE. Argue away, those who disagree, but I won't feel bad because people are sensitive about their 4th year, underachieving QB. I'm as much as a freakin' Raven as any one in here. I represent every day at work. I represent after church. I represent in restaurants. I've even represented on the front page of the local newspaper. In a photo, as well as the article.

Dang, this isn't even what I set out to talk about. But I've been meaning to say it.

The REAL controversy here is my idea to bring in Drew Brees. He doesn't want to re-up with that travesty of a franchise. He knows Cameron and has complimented him publicly. TRADE FLACCO TO NEW ORLEANS, along with a 2nd round pick, for DREW BREES. We can do it. He's not signing the franchise tag tender. He is "livid" -- CBS Sports. And even in Flacco's appearance at camp today, which is highly commendable (no one will remember that I said this, along with any of the positive things I say about Flacco), Harbaugh has not given him an indisputable thumbs-up. This move is not impossible.

May not happen, but it is worth a shout out.

Braven

All I have to say is: Your room at Sheppard Pratt is all ready for you. Try not to take too many yellow pills while you're there oops you already started.

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:51 AM

If this doesn't work out, maybe Green Bay would be interested in trading Rodgers.

#5 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

I will say this--I have decided that I will always voice my opinions on all things Raven. I have studied this game longer than a lot of people in here, have seen behind-the-scenes--a la, the Super Bowl postgame press conference (and pregame), active locker rooms for 8 NFL teams, training camp non-fan sessions, conversations face-to-face with all-pro players--more than most in here. And I can prove it all right now...

Either use your real name or stop bragging! It has a bad smell to it.

The REAL controversy here is my idea to bring in Drew Brees. He doesn't want to re-up with that travesty of a franchise. He knows Cameron and has complimented him publicly. TRADE FLACCO TO NEW ORLEANS, along with a 2nd round pick, for DREW BREES. We can do it. He's not signing the franchise tag tender. He is "livid" -- CBS Sports. And even in Flacco's appearance at camp today, which is highly commendable (no one will remember that I said this, along with any of the positive things I say about Flacco), Harbaugh has not given him an indisputable thumbs-up. This move is not impossible...

For someone who has, as you put it, studied the game longer..., you come up with some sophmorish ideas. Trade Flacco to NO? It would be the dumbest idea you have developed yet!

Brees is a great player, but, like Ryan (one of your other favorites), playes at least NINE games in a dome. Like Ryan, Brees has incredible accuracy, but a so-so arm in terms of strength. Flacco has accuracy (except when being knocked down or runnig for his life) but his strength is a cannon arm that can power the ball through the windy conditions that affect each AFCN stadium after mid-October.

Remember the last time the Saints came to town, Brees had one TD that was a miraculous catch of a tipped ball. The rest of the game, all he did was dink and dunk (and his team lost by the way).

Short QBs will not play well against the AFC North and has been proven too many times to be in real doubt.

May not happen, but it is worth a shout out...

No it's not worth a shout out. Your ego is blinding you to the fact that the Ravens have the winningest QB in his first four years than anyone else in the history of the NFL.

Not bad for a kid who was supposed to hold a clipboard for at least the first season.

But you just don't want to admit it.

Fool!

#6 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

If this doesn't work out, maybe Green Bay would be interested in trading Rodgers.

Hell, maybe we should all light some candles and hold a sceance for Johnny U. Seriously, is this guy for real? First Peyton Manning and now Drew Brees

#7 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hell, maybe we should all light some candles and hold a sceance for Johnny U. Seriously, is this guy for real? First Peyton Manning and now Drew Brees

What is a 'sceance?' :confused:

#8 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

To our chagrine. Do you EVER give up?

What is 'chagrine'? :confused:
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#9 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

What is a 'sceance?' :confused:

Who is Jim Pinkett?

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Who is Jim Pinkett?

A mutliple SB-winning ex-QB whose eons better than the Ravens' current one ever will be. I thought this was a discussion about Breesus? :confused:

#11 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

A mutliple SB-winning ex-QB whose eons better than the Ravens' current one ever will be. I thought this was a discussion about Breesus? :confused:

Jim Pinkett has won as many Super Bowls as Joe Flacco and you.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#12 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

Jim Pinkett has won as many Super Bowls as Joe Flacco and you.

I am tried of going down this road w/all of you. If you are implying that he was little more than a game manager....fine. But then by that 'logic'.... that would mean your guy Trent won 'as many Super Bowls as me' as well. :eek:

I'm done w/this issue.

#13 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,376 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

I am tried of going down this road w/all of you. If you are implying that he was little more than a game manager....fine. But then by that 'logic'.... that would mean your guy Trent won 'as many Super Bowls as me' as well. :eek:

I'm done w/this issue.

They are implying that Jim Pinkett wasn't a football player...

#14 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm done w/this issue.

We are implying nothing. We are telling you, in fact, that no one named 'Jim Pinkett' ever won a Super Bowl. We are telling you, in fact, that no one named 'Jim Pinkett' ever played in the NFL. We are telling you, in fact, that you have no idea what you are talking about.

#15 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

Sometimes you have to hit them square in the head like a donkey...it's Plunkett you bafoon...:)

#16 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,837 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

@CBR

This move makes more sense than the one for Manning. 3 things, however:

1. It's unlikely it'll happen.
2. Cam Cameron is still the limiting factor.
3. The O-line is still a limiting factor.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 17 April 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#17 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm done w/this issue.

Since you're done with the issue, i guess now is as good a time as any to say that no player named Jim Pinkett ever played in the NFL. But i've already told you that 3 or 4 times. I guess stupid is as stupid does

#18 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

The "pinkett" convo. reminds me of the scene from Step Brothers when they are in the the manager's office for the job interview but are having a hard time with the word Pam.

#19 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Chrisbraven, what makes you think you study the game more the everyone else? Just because you study it doesn't mean you understand the game. I would like you to 'prove' how you know more then everyone else, because posts like this show you may need a tutor to further assist your studies.

#20 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,823 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

What is 'chagrine'? :confused:

A gay bar in Hosuton?:D
Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users