Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eastsider

Bbq

19 posts in this topic

although, I have put a lot of thought into this, and I think that I can safely say Famous Dave's in Owings Mills (even though it is a chain) shpould be tried as well. They have something weird called BBQ nachos that will rock your world........

We've heard about a place called Mission BBQ in Parkville(??) ... anybody?

I've been to the one in Glen Burnie. I left very satisfied. My roommate swears by Famous Dave's and my ex wife is an Andy Nelson fan. I may try Andy Nelson this weekend

... I don't really care for Andy Nelson's.

Several years back, we made the egregious error of going to Andy Nelson's for the missus's b'day, which she greatly regrets is the sinister "St. Patty's Day": service was awful, we were sat @a table w/ a napkin dispenser hovering over us, & the food waren't all that great; it's also a workweek lunch hour magnet. But we prolly should give another shot some day.

We prefer Chap's, but I guess that's more pit beef than BBQ.

I've been to the one in Glen Burnie. I left very satisfied. My roommate swears by Famous Dave's and my ex wife is an Andy Nelson fan. I may try Andy Nelson this weekend

We did FD in FL, w/ daughter, son-in-law some years back: food fine, but I coulda done w/o the waiter's sauce pitch. We've done carryout @FD in Owings Mills.

Several years back, we made the egregious error of going to Andy Nelson's for the missus's b'day, which she greatly regrets is the sinister "St. Patty's Day": service was awful, we were sat @a table w/ a napkin dispenser hovering over us, & the food waren't all that great; it's also a workweek lunch hour magnet. But we prolly should give another shot some day.

We prefer Chap's, but I guess that's more pit beef than BBQ.

We did FD in FL, w/ daughter, son-in-law some years back: food fine, but I coulda done w/o the waiter's sauce pitch. We've done carryout @FD in Owings Mills.

Huh.  Interesting.  I really like it.  I certainly is not upscale.  But I kind of like the handy napkins.

The ribs and fantastic but it is actually the stewed tomatoes that I really love.

I have been to the mission BBQ in Glen Burnie.  Good.  Not to die for but certainly good.

Is Mission BBQ any good? I don't eat that kind of food ~ but they opened one right within walking distance from our place in the new Canton Crossing and they always seem packed.

Famous Daves just opened up on York Rd across from the Fairgrounds. I don't really care for Andy Nelson's.

I like andy nelsons, especially their mustard base sauce ......

kloby's is also good, there used to be one in woodlawn that I would hit for lunch ......

smokeys in carroll county is ok ......

I have 3 smokers so I rarely buy que around here .......

had brisket, pulled pork and smoked salmon at the green bay tailgate .....

Edited by Eastside Terp

We got carry-out from Mission BBQ: ribs & chicken. reminded us lots of the Guy Fieri-recommended BBQ, Smoque, in Chi. we visited a few years back. Smoky fragrance & flavor's thru & thru. We'll likely be goin' back fer a sitdown.