• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 beasley1915

beasley1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

How long is Buck going to leave him there because its getting pathetic. The same goes for Hardy in the 2 hole. I mean geez skip tinker around with the lineup a little. We're seriously missing Roberts in the leadoff. A lineup consisting of roberts, reimold, jones, weiters, davis, markakis, hardy, andino/betemiet would be better than we're putting out there now.

#2 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

It's 2 weeks into the season....

#3 Ptbnl

Ptbnl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:28 AM

The team is 7-4 and in first place...with 151 games left to play. Markakis has 2 dbls 1 trpl and 2 hrs 5 rbi and has scored 7 times in 11 games while playing a Gold Glove rightfield...wait...I'll get back to you when I stop laughing.
"Ruth should never have given up pitching." Pie Traynor 1921

#4 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

This is why I love messageboards.

#5 Birman813

Birman813

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

It will probably happen at the same time that that the Angels move Albert Puljos down in the lineup because he hasn't been hitting ! lmao We're one weekinto the season and Nick already has 2 homeruns. This is the Big leauges not Playstation. Nick has a proven track record and will come around. The O's lead the leauge in HOMERUNS yet people still find something to cry about. The O's could be 11-0 and people would still complain. Oh and who had the game winning homerun last night ? Yeah that Buck guy really sux at his job.

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,643 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

How long is Buck going to leave him there because its getting pathetic. The same goes for Hardy in the 2 hole. I mean geez skip tinker around with the lineup a little. We're seriously missing Roberts in the leadoff. A lineup consisting of roberts, reimold, jones, weiters, davis, markakis, hardy, andino/betemiet would be better than we're putting out there now.

on a similar note, I noticed Pierzynski is batting over .400, they should give him a raise and the AL MVP this afternoon. why wait until the end of the season to evaluate how a player did, when we can over react now.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 beasley1915

beasley1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Here we go new season same ole O's fans. Although I dont wish it because I want them to win I guess ya'll would still be supporting him in the 3 hole if he is still hitting this way in 6 weeks.

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,643 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Here we go new season same ole O's fans. Although I dont wish it because I want them to win I guess ya'll would still be supporting him in the 3 hole if he is still hitting this way in 6 weeks.

why wait 'til week 6, just assume we will and criticize us for it today. while you're at it, assume the worst possible outcome for each O's player and the team. no point in enjoying a week+ of good O's baseball when we can dump on how bad the season can eventually be.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 lance917

lance917

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

You asked the wrong question sir. See everybody loves the prodigal son in thsi town. He is so over rated that it's beginning to be laughable. How does a guy continue to under achieve and avoid scrutny, the last 2 years his stats have gotten considerably worse, last year out of all right fielders in baseball he rank near the bottom in 3 major categories. This year he hit a opposite field hr and pete our beloved sunpaper reporter acted like he was going to win the silver slugger award. He then hit a wind blown triple to right field that any average right fielder should have caught. You people in this town better stop with this love affair you have with nick and start realizing that he not half the ball player that you and me and the orioles envisoned when they gave him that contract extension. You better start watching this games with your eyes open , he is over matched, he turned himself into a leftfield punch and judy hitter , and leaves more runners in scoring position that almost anybody in the league. But he still gets to keep is get out of jail free card.

#10 Dirty Frank

Dirty Frank

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,539 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

hahaha...weird-O is killing it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 lance917

lance917

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

It's 2 weeks into the season....

What about the last to years sir when he rank next to last out of all the rightfielders in baseball. in 4 major categories OBP,slugging %, hr's and rbi's If all of you people that come on here and honestly think nick is a good ball player then you are just kidding yourself. He has turned himself into barely average .How does he continue to not come under fire.

#12 Birman813

Birman813

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I wonder how bad you guys would be freaking out if this was Markakis stats so far..

4 doubles, ZERO HR, 4 Rbi's, 4 Runs, .267 Avg. You guys would be trying to hang the man or at the very least run him out of town.. By the way the stats I just posted belongs to one of GREATEST hitters to ever walk the earth in Albert Pujols. I'm guessing thats why the O's didn't go after him this year because he's just flat out stinking up the joint ! LOL If Albert would have came here and performed like he is you guys would already be try'n to ship him out of town the same way Eddie Murray was. smh UNBELIEVABLE !!!

#13 lance917

lance917

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

I wonder how bad you guys would be freaking out if this was Markakis stats so far..

4 doubles, ZERO HR, 4 Rbi's, 4 Runs, .267 Avg. You guys would be trying to hang the man or at the very least run him out of town.. By the way the stats I just posted belongs to one of GREATEST hitters to ever walk the earth in Albert Pujols. I'm guessing thats why the O's didn't go after him this year because he's just flat out stinking up the joint ! LOL If Albert would have came here and performed like he is you guys would already be try'n to ship him out of town the same way Eddie Murray was. smh UNBELIEVABLE !!!

If this was just this year with 42 ab's then you would be right sir but what about the last 2 years . How long does a guy get to keep underperforming before some scrutny comes his way. Wake up

#14 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,643 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

What about the last to years sir when he rank next to last out of all the rightfielders in baseball. in 4 major categories OBP,slugging %, hr's and rbi's If all of you people that come on here and honestly think nick is a good ball player then you are just kidding yourself. He has turned himself into barely average .How does he continue to not come under fire.

his boyish charm and mediterranean good looks?

#15 lance917

lance917

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

his boyish charm and mediterranean good looks?

Part right . He is peter A adopted son, and you better believe the sunpaper writers are mandated not to bad mouth him in any way. All the writers with any balls have been fired.

#16 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,643 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Part right . He is peter A adopted son, and you better believe the sunpaper writers are mandated not to bad mouth him in any way. All the writers with any balls have been fired.

yes, but that understanding extends to most aspects of the franchise, it's not limited to a few players.

NM is a bonafide MLB player. his only failing is that he didn't live up to the hype. he gives rock solid D and is a good hitter with some pop. if he was a free agent and NYY, Bos, Ana, etc, needed a RFer, he would be getting courted by all of them.

he's a fan favorite. all fan favorites get a pass. that's not just a Baltimore thing.

as for your Eddie comment, it wasn't the fans who ruined that relationship, it was the press. Eddie was an uncooperative superstar and they did their best to mess with him for it. also, the team's owner had died and they were in terrible shape. presumably a rebuilding phase would be in the works when a new owner took over. it was in the best interest of Eddie and the team that he move on. Sure fire future HOF players don't generally get run out of town on a rail, by the fans.

#17 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hardy at #2 is a head scratcher because his OPB is so low, but Markakis at #3 is perfect. Jones cannot hit with runners on base, and Weiters is looking more and more like a true #4 or #5. There are not many other options besides Davis or Reynolds which both have trouble making contact. They are perfect at #6 and #7.

#18 beasley1915

beasley1915

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

@birdman--tha line doesnt look nearly as bad as markakis's does right now. try a .190 ba, 2 hr, 5 rbi's. w/ 9 k's. Not to mention in the 11 games the O's have had he has went hitless in 7 and there not telling how many times he has failed thus far to produce with men in scoring position. My thing is every O's game early in the season is critical bc a really good start could equal a moderately good season and not having our #3 batter producing is going to catch up with them sooner rather than later. Who knows if he would have gotten any hits in that yankees series they could possibly be one or two games better than they are now which might not look like much in the long run but when your talking about this team it could do wonders.

#19 lance917

lance917

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

yes, but that understanding extends to most aspects of the franchise, it's not limited to a few players.

NM is a bonafide MLB player. his only failing is that he didn't live up to the hype. he gives rock solid D and is a good hitter with some pop. if he was a free agent and NYY, Bos, Ana, etc, needed a RFer, he would be getting courted by all of them.

he's a fan favorite. all fan favorites get a pass. that's not just a Baltimore thing.

as for your Eddie comment, it wasn't the fans who ruined that relationship, it was the press. Eddie was an uncooperative superstar and they did their best to mess with him for it. also, the team's owner had died and they were in terrible shape. presumably a rebuilding phase would be in the works when a new owner took over. it was in the best interest of Eddie and the team that he move on. Sure fire future HOF players don't generally get run out of town on a rail, by the fans.

Sir nick couldn't make the lineup in those places. wake up sir. Please go look up the stats last year out of all the rightfielders in baseball he ranke last or near the bottom, in OBP, Slugging% hr's and rbi's now please tell me how he is a bonafide slugger . I never mentioned Eddie murray.

#20 Oriole Dave

Oriole Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

I'd like to see him hitting 1st

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users