Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AntiMoon

You won't believe this

47 posts in this topic

Per LaConfora: Ravens to work out Dennis D and Kyle Boller Thur

The Sun had a blurb about Dixon this week, but Boller??!?!?!?!?!? April 1 is over, could this be real?

Can't we be happy with Tyrod and move on :D

Per LaConfora: Ravens to work out Dennis D and Kyle Boller Thur

Moon this has to be a joke right? This has to be some late April Fools joke, right? The Ravens can't be serious, why dammit? why? LOL The possibility of the Ravens bringing back Boller as a backup, Flacco getting hurt for the season and the Ravens once again relying on Boller to take them to the Superbowl scares the living hell out of me.

i had to double check that it wasn't april 1st. I'm not worried until we sign him. Then it's panic time

Here's the breakdown from LaCanfora:

jasonlacanfora Jason La Canfora

Ravens love back-up QB Tyrod Taylor and expect to increase his Wildcat package this season; Boller and Dixon more drop back guys a la Flacco

14 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite 20

Boller is a former Ravens 1st round pick who engendered a fair amount of fan emotion during his stint with them. Dixon was Big Ben's backup

40 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite 7

Ravens working out QBs Kyle Boller and Dennis Dixon Thurs. The prospect of Boller back in B-More will be gold for local sports radio hosts

41 minutes ago Reply Retweet Favorite 154

I saw Painter's name too, wonder what LC will have to say about that.

Guys, chances are if they sign anyone it will just be for camp to get reps to our WRs and give Joe and TT a break. If we keep one of them they would most likely be our #3 QB and out of the 3 Dixon makes the most sense. I actually like him better than TT.

But i still believe we only keep 2 QBs on our final roster unless one of them plays amazing in Camp/pre season. We need the roster spot for depth at other positions.

I saw Painter's name too, wonder what LC will have to say about that.

He's not LC, he's Sacha. NTTAWWT.

My bad.:o

No problem. :) Just remember, he's Sacha and he's fabulous.

See the 'Colts struggling to sell tickets' thread for details.

I believe old19fan just stomped into the Castle protesting. The Sun had their doors locked!

I actually like that the Ravens will give Ozzie and Kyle a chance to redeem themselves. And Kyle may have lost the happy feet & panic mode. Boller would probably play for free and play pretty well. He has had other tutoring. So he may have progressed in reading defenses and going through his progressions. And when forced out the pocket he ran pretty damn well. I like he's being givin an opportunity of another chance. Classy organizational move.

I actually like that the Ravens will give Ozzie and Kyle a chance to redeem themselves. And Kyle may have lost the happy feet & panic mode. Boller would probably play for free and play pretty well. He has had other tutoring. So he may have progressed in reading defenses and going through his progressions. And when forced out the pocket he ran pretty damn well. I like he's being givin an opportunity of another chance. Classy organizational move.

I'm guessing you missed his retro like performance against the Chiefs last season in which he threw three first half interceptions.

I'd love to see Dixon get a shot as our back up. I won't even comment on Boller

I'm guessing you missed his retro like performance against the Chiefs last season in which he threw three first half interceptions.
Nope your guess would be wrong. However I do believe in second chances. I trust the current evaluation process the Ravens have in place. Also he'd need to disprove his past transgressions to the team and then the fans, so I see no harm in him being reevaluated. And lastly I believe it may save a wasted pick in the up-coming draft if they truly deem it as a need.

Ozzie loves him some Boller.
I think he was Billick's boy. I think Caldwell could do somethings to offset his happy feet and read his progressions. As he has some upside in running ability. He learned that here day one. It just may come in handy within context of the projected O-line.

Two things that don't make any sense. 1) Why would the Ravens want to bring back Kyle Boller? I understand the need for a backup, but that ship sailed a long time ago. Boller couldn't perform well with the Raiders last year when he had to step in for Campbell. So much so the Raiders felt like they needed to give up a fortune for Carson Palmer. 2) Why would Boller even consider coming back to a place that would most likely boo him in the pre-game warmups? Wouldn't a chair at a desk of an insurance company look much better? It is not a match that I would even think can work in any way.