• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CTFAN

CTFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Finally, the Sun decides criticize the Orioles the same way Preston scrutinizes the Ravens. Only problem is that Schmuck, who is a good write, kind of sucks at being a hatchet man. His doom and gloom article was a huge reach, poorly timed, and not well done.

Why write about bad things that may happen when there are plenty of bad things that have already happened that he could write about. How about criticizing Angelos, or McPhail, or almost anything?
www.pictureframingschool.com

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've mentioned this before. Personally, I don't need the Sun to point out how bad the O's have been. I can see it for myself. reading an article about it isn't going to change anything. they'll still be a team that picks the bones left over in the grave yard and pulls players off the scrap heap.

the idea of the press holding a team to a standard is to bring it to the attention of the decision makers when the team performs poorly or makes stupid additions/subtractions.

none of that is relevant for this team. the owner knows how his team is run, and I'm positive he likes it the way it is.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,150 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

The Sun treats Angelos the way Monica treated Bill, except the Sun sports writers digest.

#4 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I've mentioned this before. Personally, I don't need the Sun to point out how bad the O's have been. I can see it for myself. reading an article about it isn't going to change anything. they'll still be a team that picks the bones left over in the grave yard and pulls players off the scrap heap.

the idea of the press holding a team to a standard is to bring it to the attention of the decision makers when the team performs poorly or makes stupid additions/subtractions.

none of that is relevant for this team. the owner knows how his team is run, and I'm positive he likes it the way it is.

I'm in this boat. I've always found it odd that people demand the Sun write bad things about the Orioles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users