• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 gscaton1

gscaton1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

My brother and I and friends went last year in a RV to Jacksonville to watch the Ravens and you couldn't ask for better fans. We want to do the same trip this year but the only trip we can go is in Cleveland.

Just curious, how is Cleveland fans. I'm sure some of you have been there. I wouldn't go to Philly or a Oakland game because the fans are pretty bad. Don't want to feel to uncomfortable. thanks

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Generally....they are among the greatest fans in sports. Loyal....passionate.....devoted...die hard.....yet kind hearted and welcoming. But don't expect that hospitality when you go there (can anyone blame them?). Better not wear any purple.

#3 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Generally....they are among the greatest fans in sports. Loyal....passionate.....devoted...die hard.....yet kind hearted and welcoming. But don't expect that hospitality when you go there (can anyone blame them?). Better not wear any purple.

I take it your talking from experience? Once again your wrong. Brown fans are fun. Had no problem walking around in purple and black. Alot of fans wanted to talk and share their food in the tailgate.

#4 18-78-44-29

18-78-44-29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

I take it your talking from experience? Once again your wrong. Brown fans are fun. Had no problem walking around in purple and black. Alot of fans wanted to talk and share their food in the tailgate.

I'm sorry, I was talking out of my ***. You're right. Why do I always say really stupid things? LOL. :confused:

#5 tman1024

tman1024

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

You are fine and dandy in any opposing stadium as long as the home team is winning, lol

#6 Ravens75

Ravens75

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Browns fans are ok but just don't start antagonizing them. That's when they turn ugly.

If they have a good team they can become very obnoxious though.

#7 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

My brother and I and friends went last year in a RV to Jacksonville to watch the Ravens and you couldn't ask for better fans. We want to do the same trip this year but the only trip we can go is in Cleveland.

Just curious, how is Cleveland fans. I'm sure some of you have been there. I wouldn't go to Philly or a Oakland game because the fans are pretty bad. Don't want to feel to uncomfortable. thanks

I went in 2004 and it was pretty bad. But it was just me and another guy and he wasn't a Ravens fan. So I was basically by myself.

You'll be with a group of guys though so you'll probably be OK. If Cleveland is bad again half their fans will be gone anyway.

As hard as it might be, just ignore anyone that says anything.

#8 bawlmer_fan

bawlmer_fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I was there for the MNF game 3 years ago. They were surprisingly pleasant to me and my buddies. There was no smack talk (no point), they were mostly just disgusted/sad/hopeless with their squad. Only trash came from silly young kids whining about Baltimore stealing the Browns.

Depending on the season, consider waiting to get tix there. I purchased three Upper Deck 30-yd line off eBay for $40 each. Scalpers were selling them for $10 outside the stadium.

#9 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Scalpers were selling them for $10 outside the stadium.

They're doing it wrong.
Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

I was there for the MNF game 3 years ago. They were surprisingly pleasant to me and my buddies. There was no smack talk (no point), they were mostly just disgusted/sad/hopeless with their squad. Only trash came from silly young kids whining about Baltimore stealing the Browns.

Thats neither 'trash' nor 'whining.' Like Tuna says....it is what it is.

I find myself being heartened that even the young uns are aware of what happened 16 yrs ago.

#11 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Fans are bad most places. Tenn fans are very nice. The Bungles are the most annoying with their constant WHo dey nonsense in spite of everybody beating dem Bengals for 20 years. Browns fans are awful, avoid that stadium like the plague.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#12 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Browns fans are terrible, be prepared to have things thrown at you - bottles, drinks, trash. They are among the worst - not quite as bad as Philly where you will most likely be physically assaulted, but pretty bad.

Cleveland is a loser-city. Baseball, basketball, football - they haven't won anything in 60 years. The fans resent everyone.

If you want to pick a NFL city to visit for an away game, pick Tennessee (Nashville). The nicest fans in the world. I even got invited to dinner by the family sitting next to me when they found out I was eating in the hotel restaurant that night.

#13 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Browns fans are terrible, be prepared to have things thrown at you - bottles, drinks, trash. They are among the worst - not quite as bad as Philly where you will most likely be physically assaulted, but pretty bad.

Hmm....seem the Browns fans have a well earned rep as being amongst the best and most rabid in the NFL. Raven fans? Weeellll.....

Cleveland is a loser-city. Baseball, basketball, football - they haven't won anything in 60 years. The fans resent everyone.

Coming from a Baltimorean.....this is too rich.

#14 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hmm....seem the Browns fans have a well earned rep as being amongst the best and most rabid in the NFL. Raven fans? Weeellll.....

how many professional titles does Baltimore have in the past 60 years?

#15 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Me and my brother and my buddy are talking about going up to that game so you won't be the only purple clad fans lol

#16 mdlmark

mdlmark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

A few years ago I saw a photo on the internet of the last Cleveland Brown championship team, I think it was 1964. Someone photoshop'd it to include a T Rex in the background and also a meteor! Too funny!:D
Theodoric of York: Wait a minute. Perhaps she's right. Perhaps I've been wrong to blindly folow the medical traditions and superstitions of past centuries. Maybe we barbers should test these assumptions analytically, through experimentation and a "scientific method". Maybe this scientific method could be extended to other fields of learning: the natural sciences, art, architecture, navigation. Perhaps I could lead the way to a new age, an age of rebirth, a Renaissance! ... Naaaaaahhh! :D:P

#17 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

A few years ago I saw a photo on the internet of the last Cleveland Brown championship team, I think it was 1964. Someone photoshop'd it to include a T Rex in the background and also a meteor! Too funny!:D

I take it you amuse easily. :rolleyes:

#18 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,126 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Cleveland fans will always hate Baltimore for stealing their team. It's justified. Just like Baltimore fans will always hate Indianapolis for stealing their team. Modell painted himself into a corner by allowing the city to build a new basketball arena, a new baseball stadium, and the rock and roll hall of fame. Then when there was no money to build a new football stadium, he left. It also should be remembered that he was part of the expansion committe that rejected Baltimore. He knew what a good deal Baltimore had on the table, and he also knew that was a place he could move to if Cleveland failed to come up with a new stadium for him. As bad as an owner as Bob Irsay was, he continually asked Mayor Schaeffer for improvements to Memorial stadium or even a new stadium, and got nothing. Neither city believed that their team would actually leave. But it is only human nature for fans of both cities to hate the eventual place that their team ended up. Only after generations are gone will that hate subside. The Ravens have been in Baltimore for 15 years, and that was 13 years after the Colts were gone. But yet Baltimore still hates Indianapolis for taking their team. It is just the way it goes. In the long run, Baltimore fans actually benefited by the Colts leaving. They lost a franchise with a lot of history, but got a solid franchise that is well run. Cleveland never stopped supporting their team and felt particularly jilted when the Browns left, but never had to give up their history. It still doesn't stop them from hating Modell and hating Baltimore for taking their team. It certainly doesn't help that the franchise they have now is nowhere near as competent as the franchise that left Cleveland for Baltimore. Hence the hatred towards Baltimore from Cleveland.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#19 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

Didn't a browns fan tackle a little kid in a jets jersey last year?
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 joe cool

joe cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:56 AM

Well I guess if you are going there as a fan of the team that was originally stolen by Baltimore to cheer for them in the city where the Ravens originally came from I would guess your trip wouldn’t be too conferrable. I’m sure there are still people a little bitter that your city stole their team!! LOL:D :D
GO YANKS:cool:

It is great to be back home!!!

Go Yankees, Go Giants, Go NY Where Champions Are Born!!!;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users