19 replies to this topic

#1 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Read this first.

www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/sports/nfl-schedule-makers-try-their-best-to-please-everybody.html?_r=2&ref=sports
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#2 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:06 PM

a possible 824 trillion game combinations.

is that a lot? That sounds like a lot. :P

I want to know which team put in the request to not play any team coming off of a bye. That's pretty funny.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#3 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

I like the Sports Pickle headline: Cowboys request no games in December
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#4 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Fans in every city complain about the schedule. A couple of years ago fans here in Baltimore complained because the Raven's lost their bye due to the game in Houston being postponed. Like the NFL in April could forsee a hurricane hitting in September. :rolleyes:
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#5 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Fastinating article - it tells us that the NFL leaves nothing to chance. I guess that's why it's a 9 Billion dollar business!

#6 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

It is a very interesting article. I have to agree with Jim Harbaugh. No team should have to travel across country to play another on a Thursday. San Francisco played on Sunday, Monday is recovery day and Wednesday is travel day. That left one day to work on the game plan. The other thing that really gets me is the NFL's so called committment to player safety. If true, there really should be no Thursday games. Instead, they have expanded Thursday night football to be almost a weekly thing. If player safety is so important, why do that? One reason, of course. Prime time dollars trump player safety, despite what King Goodell might have everyone believe!
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#7 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:28 AM

is that a lot? That sounds like a lot. :P

I want to know which team put in the request to not play any team coming off of a bye. That's pretty funny.

As much as he and his team whine and complain.....I'd throw out a wild guess that it could be Jim's little bro.

#8 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

As much as he and his team whine and complain.....I'd throw out a wild guess that it could be Jim's little bro.

Jim who?
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#9 mehatestagliapoo-poo

mehatestagliapoo-poo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:05 AM

Jim who?

Larry DON'T FEED THE TROLL. It was a shot at the Ravens. All this clown has to do is TROLL here. When you have no life and no team I guess you TROLL.;)
It was the Economy

It was not the fear this time!!!:rwb:

#10 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

Larry DON'T FEED THE TROLL. It was a shot at the Ravens. All this clown has to do is TROLL here. When you have no life and no team I guess you TROLL.;)

I'm just wondering if he's talking about Jim Pinkett again. Or maybe it's Jim Bugler.

#11 mehatestagliapoo-poo

mehatestagliapoo-poo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Well I find it funny that the schedule makers have such a hard job loading a computer then tweak'n the results. I'll be more then happy to take the PAY CHECK of those poor over worked NFL office folks. They should try real jobs someday. Say Correctional Officer or load and unload trucks at UPS. Yea those sit on your arse jobs are tuff.

Now lets feel sorry for the blind arse refs too. You have a job do it fairly not with only profit in mind. Then while trying to get all the $$$$$ they could shizzzznit happens and your billion dollar baby ain't there. So much for the schedulers.:eek:
It was the Economy

#12 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Jim who?

You know.....one James Joseph Harbaugh......aka the reining NFL Coach of the Year. Also aka Corporate Coach's Big Bro.

I'm just wondering if he's talking about Jim Pinkett again. Or maybe it's Jim Bugler.

Maybe it's just me.....but the next Pinkett I see leading an NFL sideline will be the 1st. Try again? :o

#13 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Well I find it funny that the schedule makers have such a hard job loading a computer then tweak'n the results. I'll be more then happy to take the PAY CHECK of those poor over worked NFL office folks. They should try real jobs someday. Say Correctional Officer or load and unload trucks at UPS. Yea those sit on your arse jobs are tuff.

Now lets feel sorry for the blind arse refs too. You have a job do it fairly not with only profit in mind. Then while trying to get all the $$$$$ they could shizzzznit happens and your billion dollar baby ain't there. So much for the schedulers.:eek:

It IS a real job and they ARE overworked.....or do you not recall how many of them put in 12-14 hr work days. (sometimes more). Try again. :o

And I'm shocked a Raven fan would take a shot @ refs. And by shocked I mean....completely expected it. :rolleyes:

#14 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

You know.....one James Joseph Harbaugh......aka the reining NFL Coach of the Year. Also aka Corporate Coach's Big Bro.

Maybe it's just me.....but the next Pinkett I see leading an NFL sideline will be the 1st. Try again? :o

Jim Harbaugh doesn't have a 'little bro'.

The Next Pinkett to win a Super Bowl will be the first.

#15 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Jim Harbaugh doesn't have a 'little bro'.

The Next Pinkett to win a Super Bowl will be the first.

Oh....so what is your coach's name again? John....Harvey? Harper? Hargrove? Could've sworn it was Harbaugh.....but hey....I guess I can be wrong sometimes.

#16 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Oh....so what is your coach's name again? John....Harvey? Harper? Hargrove? Could've sworn it was Harbaugh.....but hey....I guess I can be wrong sometimes.

Jim Harbaugh does not have a 'little bro'.

#17 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,551 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

Jim Harbaugh does not have a 'little bro'.

Forget about. The DA still doesn't realize John is actually Jims older "bro", despite you giving him a clue

#18 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

John is the older of the two, you ******. Do you know ANYTHING about football?

#19 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I think the schedule makers do the best they can given the number of variables being dealt with, especially in Sept and OCt baseball season means something in a few NFL cities (excluding Baltimore).

As I told a Browns friend of mine this morning when he was moaning about having the leagues 2nd toughest schedule, the schedule maker gave the Ravens the 4th hardest schedule but gave them a break by scheduling a Thursday night scrimmage on the heels of a Sunday Night game against the Patriots....not sure why he flipped me off.....must have thought I was locker combo...
:eek: CYHMN Enterprises-- Manufacturing gloom and doom since 1998. :eek:

chaos, panic, disorder-- my work is done here...;)

#20 mehatestagliapoo-poo

mehatestagliapoo-poo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Again the Computer does all the work. The COMPUTER.
It was the Economy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users