• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Has Ravens trading the 29th pick and 3rd rd pick to move up to 23 to take Dont'a Hightower. Says we traded to 23 to jump Pitt who loves him at 24. Thoughts?
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#2 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

I would love for him to slip to 29. But i have a feeling they will be drafting a OL.

#3 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I like that scenario....Lewis can't play forever..I am not Alabama fan, but hightower is a day 1 starter on most teams...
:eek: CYHMN Enterprises-- Manufacturing gloom and doom since 1998. :eek:

chaos, panic, disorder-- my work is done here...;)

#4 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,287 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hightower will NOT get past Pittsburgh. Need to get Ray's replacement ASAP. LOVE TO SEE HIM IN GIANTS BLUE.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,644 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I'm kind of hoping for Peter Konz myself, especially if the cost is a 3rd round pick, where we usually get an excellent value.

However, it'd be hard to be upset with Hightower in purple.
The kids are alright.

#6 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Ravens do what they always do: If there is one guy they LOVE that they see dropping they will move up. Otherwise they will sit and wait and hope for anybody that is on their top 25 to slip to them. If none do then they will trade down. I just can't believe they like Konz because everybody thinks they want him which the Ravens rarely let slip unless it's a smokescreen.

#7 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ravens do what they always do: If there is one guy they LOVE that they see dropping they will move up. Otherwise they will sit and wait and hope for anybody that is on their top 25 to slip to them. If none do then they will trade down. I just can't believe they like Konz because everybody thinks they want him which the Ravens rarely let slip unless it's a smokescreen.

It could be smokescreen but I am hearing that they may have Stephen Hill rated higher than both Hightower and Konz. I don't think they are as high on Konz as most of the experts seem to think they are either. Hill is the perfect WR for Cam's offense, he's good in run blocking, tall, fast, better hands than advertised and a good team guy (a Harbaugh fave).

#8 TDL

TDL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

It could be smokescreen but I am hearing that they may have Stephen Hill rated higher than both Hightower and Konz. I don't think they are as high on Konz as most of the experts seem to think they are either. Hill is the perfect WR for Cam's offense, he's good in run blocking, tall, fast, better hands than advertised and a good team guy (a Harbaugh fave).

With the state of the OL and the age on D I would hate for them to draft a WR in Round 1.LT,LG and C all need upgrading or Rice won't have any holes to run through and Flacco will be constantly under pressure.

It all starts up front.Hightower would be an awesome addition on D.

#9 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Not in favor of the prospect/scenario. Like the player but hate the reach. I'd prefer to move back into top 2nd to secure a player. Randle offers the big target we need. Also gaining a pick or two in the latter rounds. I could also see a safety in the mid rounds as well so I like the quantity as opposed to the reach. If Hightower is the best of the bunch B/P/A then that's another story.

#10 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

No problem taking a WR. Always take best available and if Hill is our highest rated take him. Can always get OL later in draft or in FA. Guys will get cut after mini camps and again June 1st. Plus this is Boldin's likely last year here so WR is a need.

#11 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I would really prefer one of the following due to cost and playing abilities.
A.J. Jenkins
Chris Givens
Ryan Broyles
Dwight Jones
Greg Childs

If I had to post a draft.

I'd go this route.
Target Players

Rueben Randle-WR
Brandon Boykin-CB
Doug Martin-RB
Lamar Miller-RB
Chris Givens-RB
Ryan Broyles_RB
Chris polk-RB
Kevin Zeitler-OG
Brandon Washington-OG
Will Blackwell-OG/C

Only concentrated on O because the D draft pans out pretty dam well. I really hope they get at least 2 receivers in the draft because they can't afford to not get a play maker in that area. The mandate from ownership should make it perfectly clear the squad they fielded the last few years needs a stable solution and not the stopgap type once again. This should be make or break for the receivers who's value is only as a special teams ace. If you have the tittle of receiver and can't catch why are you here exactly ?:(

I'd say that Boykin plays like a Raven. I'd actually reach alittle for him as well in the 3rd round.

#12 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

I would be absolutely shocked if we took a CB before the 4th round.

#13 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Looking at Cary Williams situation with the one year left and great value in this years draft I really wonldn't. And if Janoris is there in the early 2nd after trading back they could well take him. Excellent value. Smoking weed is cure-able lol.
I'd pull that trigger as well. You can never have too many corners.:cool:;)

#14 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I made an error in my last post [Givens is a Receiver]:).

#15 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

You continue to have the best avatar photo for ID. I keep it going. ;)

#16 Andy in Hagerstown

Andy in Hagerstown

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

The Ravens as always will draft the best player available regardless of positional needs.

I like Hightower but I don't see them trading up. The Ravens are a bit light on draft picks and as all of you have said there are many holes to fill. Trading picks particularly high round picks to move up doesn't seem like a wise move in the long run.

#17 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

The Ravens as always will draft the best player available regardless of positional needs.

I like Hightower but I don't see them trading up. The Ravens are a bit light on draft picks and as all of you have said there are many holes to fill. Trading picks particularly high round picks to move up doesn't seem like a wise move in the long run.

Tend to agree with you. It maybe a case of trading picks to offset price thou. But nobody in this draft warrants moving up. JMHO

#18 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

I thought Burfect was your guy? That was all I was hearing about til recently.

#19 nomad

nomad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

My expectation is there is a good chance the Ravens trade down out of the first round. I would be shocked if they were to move up. The need 2-3 players that can help immediately and they won't get that by moving up. if a team like the Eagle or Pats won't to move up here I could see the Ravens taking a pair of seconds or if a team at the top of the 2nd wants to move here I could see the ravens doing it for a 2nd and 3rd.

#20 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

My expectation is there is a good chance the Ravens trade down out of the first round. I would be shocked if they were to move up. The need 2-3 players that can help immediately and they won't get that by moving up. if a team like the Eagle or Pats won't to move up here I could see the Ravens taking a pair of seconds or if a team at the top of the 2nd wants to move here I could see the ravens doing it for a 2nd and 3rd.

Works for me as well as long as there early picks for greater value. I'd like them to move out if specific players aren't there. Looking at the recent Ravens web- Janoris is mentioned. I hope they give this kidd a shot.
Best player available he is. Character assassination hopefully won't doom them to misinterpret and see that he has semi Revis capabilities. Shutt-em down and you shut them up. Youngin can only get better and this orginization has the best chance to equip themselves this draft for the long term.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users