• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Max337

Max337

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Draft experts have this young man going to the Cowboys, Jets or Chargers at the 14, 17 and 18th picks.

But if he drops and is available for us at #29, should Ozzie Newsome go BPA and take him, or go with need and select Wisconsin center Peter Konz?

#2 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Konz is injury concern. And his ankles remind me to much like Demetrius Williams, talent with maybe consistent injury. I'd go cut vet before him. 2013 has a few solid projections to consider. I'd stick with an pick that hasn't had a medical red flag for a first rounder. A big D-line would have a field day with him if his ankle(s) can't get of the way, lol.

So to answer your question "Hell Yeah"

But keep in mind the draft rarely pans out the way teams think so Barron will be a selection that most teams are eying. It only takes one team to start a run on the position, so I can't get excited. Yet.

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,649 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:49 AM

Always take the best player left on your board. Don't reach for the sake of need.
The kids are alright.

#4 walbrook89

walbrook89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Ravens always draft BAP and Konz would be the pick. They may drop out the 1st if the value is not there @29. I prefer Hightower or Hill if they are still there

#5 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

Ravens always draft BAP and Konz would be the pick. They may drop out the 1st if the value is not there @29. I prefer Hightower or Hill if they are still there

Konz would be a con job a best. Weak ankles and all. If you can't stand up to block what good are yah........
They better come correct...........................Janoris Jenkins is better value and suit a need. If any of the corners go down we'll be back to stopgap old vet.
I'd take him before Hill but not K.Wright or Randle.

#6 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Most now have Konz dropping out of the 1st rd. ESPN bloggers mock today had Upshaw falling to us. Barron will not last past 15, his stock is rising so much many think somebody like NE will trade up for him.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#7 boulderterp

boulderterp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ravens wont get shot at Barron, they won't even look at Konz.

#8 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

This probably will be similar draft to the one's that once a team starts drafting a specific position, a run on that position will ensue. Teams starting feeling hard pressed to get on in the first round. (Bad drafting teams become copycats)
The teams with 2 first rounds will reek havoc on the selection process. Happens all too frequently. The Ravens should know this as well. Be prepared for a no named brand lineman in the first. That's there MO.
Even with there track record of good drafts I find myself deflated after some of there choices. It would be nice not to be.

#9 Benny8444

Benny8444

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Baron wont fall to the point where the Ravens would think about trading up.

I think we move up 2-3 spots and take hightower or upshaw. PIT needs OL and CB, I do not see them taking a LB they need DL more than LB anyway.

I want us to trade back into the first 3-4 picks of the 2nd round as my preference and get a WR (Jeffrey or the LSU one) and then get an extra pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users