• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Sergio Kindle - LB - Ravens

The Baltimore Sun expects recently re-signed Ravens OLB Sergio Kindle to be on the roster bubble during training camp.
The same is true of WR/KR David Reed, who lost his job in Week 10 last season before tearing his ACL in Week 16. Coach John Harbaugh indicated in December that Kindle was making nice progress, but he still appeared in only two games last season after missing his entire rookie year with a fractured skull. Even if Kindle survives final cuts, 2012 will be a make-or-break year for the former second-round pick.
Source: Baltimore Sun
Apr 21 - 1:24

There not the only ones either.

#2 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

David Reed should not be on that list. He should be gone already
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53,794 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

I agree. he's been here long enough to prove he belongs
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#4 CTFAN

CTFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

I never understood why we kept him last year.
www.pictureframingschool.com

#5 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

The problem for the Ravens is their success has doomed them to the back of most rounds of the draft. The real "can't miss" draftees usually are gone by the time the Ravens pick.

However, the Ravens have done two things well: 1) They grab that "falling star" in the first or second round and find the hidden gem in the third or fourth round; and 2) develop players who might take a couple of years to crack the active roster or the starting lineup.

They need to continue to do these two things....or they could have a 5-11 season and get a high draft choice. That would anger the fans, I guess, but Locker Combo and his fellow trolls would be happy.

#6 alien bird

alien bird

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,555 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Why? He is probably going to be placed on the PUP list anyway. He won't be taking a roster spot at all. There is no reason to give up on a guy that isn't going to cost anything to keep to see what he can do after his surgery.

#7 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

I don't understand the negativity toward Kindle. The guy was drafted high because he was good at something the team needs (rushing the passer). Before he could even practice, he suffered a very critical non-football injury that kept him out a year and set back his development. He is now cleared to play, and reportedly is getting up to speed again. If he's recovered from the injury I don't see that he is necessarily unable to perform what he was drafted to do; he's still the same athlete. Maybe he won't turn out to be good - it happens - but it is certainly too soon to write him off.

#8 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,419 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

The problem for the Ravens is their success has doomed them to the back of most rounds of the draft. The real "can't miss" draftees usually are gone by the time the Ravens pick.

However, the Ravens have done two things well: 1) They grab that "falling star" in the first or second round and find the hidden gem in the third or fourth round; and 2) develop players who might take a couple of years to crack the active roster or the starting lineup.

They need to continue to do these two things....or they could have a 5-11 season and get a high draft choice. That would anger the fans, I guess, but Locker Combo and his fellow trolls would be happy.

Very true. One other thing they have done well is to find the occasional undrafted guy who can contirbute.
Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#9 rharris1986

rharris1986

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Kindle won't make the final roster. Should be a life lesson for all those kids coming out of college expecting to hit it rich in the NFL. He's probably made more money in these two/three years with the Ravens than he will for the rest of his life.

#10 RAVEN FAN

RAVEN FAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Kindle won't make the final roster. Should be a life lesson for all those kids coming out of college expecting to hit it rich in the NFL. He's probably made more money in these two/three years with the Ravens than he will for the rest of his life.

lets not rush to judge the guy until we see him play in the preseson..

#11 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

lets not rush to judge the guy until we see him play in the preseson..

If he even plays in the pre-season.

#12 elj1201

elj1201

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:18 AM

If he even plays in the pre-season.

Got a sack in last years preseaon, no?

KIndle will be a nice surprise this year. He owes this city, this organization, and its fans a lot, and he knows it.

He has not lost physical capability, with the exception of hearing in one ear.

Got him Kruger and Mcphee getting 15-20 sacks between them alone. Make or break.

#13 Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Got a sack in last years preseaon, no?

KIndle will be a nice surprise this year. He owes this city, this organization, and its fans a lot, and he knows it.

He has not lost physical capability, with the exception of hearing in one ear.

Got him Kruger and Mcphee getting 15-20 sacks between them alone. Make or break.

Take it from a guy who had a concussion not as severe as his over 40 years ago, and still has lingering affects. He will not play in the NFL, everytime he gets even the slightest helmet hit, he will be useless for the rest of the game. This is not like a broken arm or leg that heals up, it never heals up!!!!
Cut him now, we wasted $300,000 on him last year, cut your losses.
REAL tomatoe ketchup Eddie.........Nothin' but the best for you Clark!

Huckabee '12

#14 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

I Dunno, i think they dont have much faith in Kruger or plan on keeping him if they drafted upshaw.

And kindle is pretty much gone i think too btw.
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:33 AM

I Dunno, i think they dont have much faith in Kruger or plan on keeping him if they drafted upshaw.

And kindle is pretty much gone i think too btw.

Kruger won't be able to set the edge. Wrong angles and big adjustment for him. Seems unnatural at the position still. Kindle I believe can play outside LB running side to side. But one big blow and he maybe done. They can't run the risk.:confused:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users