10 replies to this topic

#1 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

The Royals are on pace to go 30-132.
And looking at their roster I don't see them getting much better than their 3-13 start.
2009 is the International Year of Astronomy
Have you looked through a telescope this year ?

Saturday October 24, 2009 is Astronomy Day.
Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

http://www.astroleag...y/astroday.html

#2 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,642 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:55 AM

I doubt it. They have too much talent at the plate.
The kids are alright.

#3 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Oh man, look at the score in some of these losses, I'd be pulling my hair out:
1-0
5-4
11-9
4-3
3-2
3-1
4-3

They are definitely better than 3-13. Those last 3 losses are games vs DET, holding that offense to 10 runs over 3 games, that's pretty damn respectable.

#4 StevenJB

StevenJB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

The Royals are a young team. They will come around. The Royals are no worse than the Orioles. Both will finish with similar records.

#5 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:18 AM

They are better than there record shows. The Orioles could just as easily have that same record. And I suspect that end of the day those two will in deed have similiar records. But of course if it comes down to who gets the #1 pick....the Orioles will be juuuuussst a little bit 'better.'....screwing themselves yet again.

#6 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

They are better than there record shows. The Orioles could just as easily have that same record. And I suspect that end of the day those two will in deed have similiar records. But of course if it comes down to who gets the #1 pick....the Orioles will be juuuuussst a little bit 'better.'....screwing themselves yet again.

Neither will get the #1 pick. Once the early season anomalies go away and the season adjusts accordingly, the #1 pick will go to.....the Astros. Right Mr. Rocket Scientist? The O's will likely get their usual slot at #4 after the Royals and Twins.

#7 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Many had the Royals as their surprise team but their young talent is pressing mightily. And yes when it's all said and done Hou,Min,Cubs and KC will be worse than us giving us the 5th pick.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#8 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

eh...the Royals were overrated.
They have some great talent, but I would hardly say their lineup is stacked with proven guys.
Butler, Hosmer and Gordon are players, but who then?
ok...Moustakas is decent (highly touted...) and Escobar is doing well. There are still 3 positions on the field.

Plus, they don't really have much in the way of pitching - and that's what is really killing them.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#9 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Many had the Royals as their surprise team but their young talent is pressing mightily. And yes when it's all said and done Hou,Min,Cubs and KC will be worse than us giving us the 5th pick.

After further reflection, I could see the O's winning 70 games in '12 and still dropping all the way to eleventh after KC, MN, Oak, CLE, Sea, Mets, Pit, Cubs, Astros and Padres.

There are some real have nots in the ML this year. It will be very difficult to perform poorly enough to get a top five draft position unless they change the rotation right away. Bergesen, Matusz, Willis, George and Tillman might be the solution if they allow Gregg to be closer. On second thought, they could probably just switch out Johnson for Gregg and he could deliver the team the #1 choice without making any other moves. That $5.8M might be of value after all if it delivers the #1 draft choice!

#10 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

The Royals are sure to lose at least 10 more games than the O's.
Granted the O's are sure to lose at least 90, and probably closer to 95, but the Royals will certainly lose well over 100 games - I'll predict 115
2009 is the International Year of Astronomy
Have you looked through a telescope this year ?

Saturday October 24, 2009 is Astronomy Day.
Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

http://www.astroleag...y/astroday.html

#11 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

The Royals are sure to lose at least 10 more games than the O's.
Granted the O's are sure to lose at least 90, and probably closer to 95, but the Royals will certainly lose well over 100 games - I'll predict 115

Losing 100 games is hard to do, let alone losing 115. No way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users