• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

I've been an advocate for all kinds of upgrades at this position at #5's expense this offseason, so now that the QB position is pretty much set, I felt it time to give him his props.

Joe has a great, strong arm. He is deceptively mobile and has proven to be able to avoid heat. He bounces back from adversity well. He still has upside and practices hard.

I do wish that he had another Coordinator, but he works well with a QB coach, so my hope will reside there. I would like to point out that all my ideas were for Hall-of-Fame-type upgrades, not just any Q. A Super Bowl ring + a passing title = upgrade. Now that we have signed Painter, whom I like, we are set at the position for the preseason. I'm looking forward to fully backing Flacco as the season ensues.

The guy has proven to be able to bring the team back at the end of games. That will be a huge asset going forward. Now, we just have to help him with the fundamentals. Let's do this!

Braven

#2 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

I've been an advocate for all kinds of upgrades at this position at #5's expense this offseason, so now that the QB position is pretty much set, I felt it time to give him his props.

Joe has a great, strong arm. He is deceptively mobile and has proven to be able to avoid heat. He bounces back from adversity well. He still has upside and practices hard.

I do wish that he had another Coordinator, but he works well with a QB coach, so my hope will reside there. I would like to point out that all my ideas were for Hall-of-Fame-type upgrades, not just any Q. A Super Bowl ring + a passing title = upgrade. Now that we have signed Painter, whom I like, we are set at the position for the preseason. I'm looking forward to fully backing Flacco as the season ensues.

The guy has proven to be able to bring the team back at the end of games. That will be a huge asset going forward. Now, we just have to help him with the fundamentals. Let's do this!

Braven

Props to you for displaying this attitude, I apologize for attacking you as hard as I did.

#3 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

52: Thanks Bossmain. Did you attack me hard? I thought you used humor more than vitriol. Either way--we all love the Purp and Black and we're in this thing together. Let's FREAKING KILL THE LEAGUE this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braven

#4 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Wha...wait hang on here. What happened to PEYTON IN PURPLE???!?!!?1!1?1!

Oh....wait....:eek::P

#5 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

52: Thanks Bossmain. Did you attack me hard? I thought you used humor more than vitriol. Either way--we all love the Purp and Black and we're in this thing together. Let's FREAKING KILL THE LEAGUE this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Braven

LETS GO GET THAT RING BABY, lets get Stephen Hill, Joe needs that big tall fast WR.

#6 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

LETS GO GET THAT RING BABY, lets get Stephen Hill, Joe needs that big tall fast WR.

Funny....I was lead to believe Tandon Not-Moss was supposed to be that guy. Just last yr in fact. :o

#7 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Funny....I was lead to believe Tandon Not-Moss was supposed to be that guy. Just last yr in fact. :o

I don't know who misled you but Doss is a slot receiver, he isn't a true threat on the outside.

#8 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:22 AM

I don't know who misled you but Doss is a slot receiver, he isn't a true threat on the outside.

He's not much of a threat anywhere right now it seems. Wasn't this Flat Joe's hand-picked draft choice?

#9 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

He's not much of a threat anywhere right now it seems. Wasn't this Flat Joe's hand-picked draft choice?

Please explain to me again how the Colts will have a better 2012 than the Ravens. I could use another huge laugh at your expense

#10 elj1201

elj1201

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Tandon Not-Moss?
:rolleyes:

come on you can do better than that

#11 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Please explain to me again how the Colts will have a better 2012 than the Ravens. I could use another huge laugh at your expense

Look at who we have at QB. Look at who you have at QB.

Look at who we have at HC. Look at who you have at HC.

Look at who we have at OC. Look at who you have at OC.

Look at our sked. Look at your sked.

Laugh away. :rolleyes:

#12 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

You are hopeless.

#13 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

You are hopeless.

As are the Ravens' chances of winning a SB any time soon. :o

#14 kris21054

kris21054

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

AS OF RIGHT NOW YOUR QB IS TREVOR VITTATOE? WHO IS THAT? WE HAVE A QB THAT HAS BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS FOUR YEARS IN A ROW AND HAS NFL EXPERIENCE, EVEN WHEN YOU DRAFT A QB THIS YEAR WE HAVE AN EXPERIENCED QB, YOU HAVE THE POSSIBILITY OF RYAN LEAF

WE HAVE AN ESTABLISH HEAD COACH, YOU HAVE AN OLD RAVENS COACH

WE HAVE AN OC WHO HAS PLAYERS THAT KNOW HIS OFFENSE, YOU HAVE AN OC THAT GOT PUSHED OUT OF PITTSBURGH AND GETS ALMOST AS MUCH CRITICISM AS CAM GETS AND NOW THAT TEAM NEEDS TO LEARN A NEW SYSTEM

SCHEDULE IS NOTHING UNTIL WEEK 1 MAYBE EVEN WEEK 17, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

1st off.....no need to shout.

AS OF RIGHT NOW YOUR QB IS TREVOR VITTATOE? WHO IS THAT? WE HAVE A QB THAT HAS BEEN TO THE PLAYOFFS FOUR YEARS IN A ROW AND HAS NFL EXPERIENCE, EVEN WHEN YOU DRAFT A QB THIS YEAR WE HAVE AN EXPERIENCED QB, YOU HAVE THE POSSIBILITY OF RYAN LEAF

There's this little thing we call the NFL Draft tonite. Tune in. Watch it. Learn something....namely about the #1 pick.

WE HAVE AN ESTABLISH HEAD COACH, YOU HAVE AN OLD RAVENS COACH

An 'established' HC that can't seem to win the big game.....NTM an 'established' HC who forgot to call a TO and in stead hung his rushed and stressed K out there to dry in the AFCC game.

WE HAVE AN OC WHO HAS PLAYERS THAT KNOW HIS OFFENSE, YOU HAVE AN OC THAT GOT PUSHED OUT OF PITTSBURGH AND GETS ALMOST AS MUCH CRITICISM AS CAM GETS AND NOW THAT TEAM NEEDS TO LEARN A NEW SYSTEM

And yet....that OC who was 'pushed out of Pittsburgh' helped develop one of the top 5 QBs in the game today w/2 rings to back it up. What on earth will he do w/AL? And fat lot of good that the OC who's players 'know his offense' has done so far.....amirite?

SCHEDULE IS NOTHING UNTIL WEEK 1 MAYBE EVEN WEEK 17, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

Ill grant you that....but it sure looks like a year long gantlet for you from here.

#16 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

What's with the eye roll? Am i annoying you? Please tell me now what you think our respective records will be. I can't get enough of this

#17 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

What's with the eye roll? Am i annoying you? Please tell me now what you think our respective records will be. I can't get enough of this

I predict us to finish 9-7.....best case 10-6.....worst 8-8.

The Ravens will finish 7-9 or so....best case 8-8....worst 6-10.

And you could never annoy Frankie....I...well....frankly.....:rwb: find you to be good entertainment over the course of my day. :)

#18 Frank Costanza 831

Frank Costanza 831

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

I predict us to finish 9-7.....best case 10-6.....worst 8-8.

The Ravens will finish 7-9 or so....best case 8-8....worst 6-10.

And you could never annoy Frankie....I...well....frankly.....:rwb: find you to be good entertainment over the course of my day. :)

I don't like to admit it but you amuse me as well. I'm not sure that "amuse" is the right word tho

#19 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

Assuming Andrew Luck signs a contract, the Colts will have a guy who has never taken a snap in the NFL. The Ravens have a guy who has been to the playoffs four years running, including two AFC Championship Games and won more games than any other QB in the league in the last four seasons.

The Colts have a guy who has never been a head coach in the NFL before (that you thought sucked, until he was hired). The Ravens have a guy who has been to the playoffs four years running, including two AFC Championship Games.

I'll give you that one.

Everyone on the Colts schedule had more wins than the Colts did last season (I really didn't need to include that 'on the Colts schedule' part). The Ravens play one team next season that had more wins than they did last season.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#20 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

For what it's worth, I have gotten in the habit of completely ignoring Orlovsky's posts. I just read people's responses. I'm going to wait until his team gets 3 wins until reconsidering. :D

Braven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users