Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob

I don't know about you guys.....

16 posts in this topic

........ but I put $20 aside today towards my Oriole playoff tickets. :D

:rolleyes::P:D

........ but I put $20 aside today towards my Oriole playoff tickets.

Wow 17 games and the crazies come out!! LOL:D:D

Put that money to better use now, the O’s will be back in their customary place soon. B);)

Wow 17 games and the crazies come out!! LOL

Put that money to better use now, the O’s will be back in their customary place soon. B);)

Maybe you didn't get my sarcasm. :P:)

Maybe you didn't get my sarcasm. :P:)

Yea I guess, a little slow today!! ;)

I threw a tenner on the Orioles in this market . . .

1 Philadelphia Phillies 8.00

2 NY Yankees 8.00

3 LA Angels 6.50

4 Boston Red Sox 15.00

5 Detroit Tigers 8.00

6 Texas Rangers 8.00

7 Miami Marlins 25.00

8 Atlanta Braves 15.00

9 San Fran Giants 20.00

10 St Louis Cardinals 18.00

11 Tampa Bay Rays 18.00

12 Arizona Diamondbacks 20.00

13 Cincinnati Reds 25.00

14 Chicago Cubs 100.00

15 Milwaukee Brewers 40.00

16 Washington Nationals 20.00

17 Colorado Rockies 50.00

18 LA Dodgers 20.00

19 Chicago White Sox 50.00

20 Toronto Blue Jays 30.00

21 Minnesota Twins 80.00

22 Cleveland Indians 60.00

23 NY Mets 80.00

24 Oakland Athletics 100.00

25 Kansas City Royals 150.00

26 Pittsburgh Pirates 150.00

27 Baltimore Orioles 150.00

28 Houston Astros 250.00

29 San Diego Padres 200.00

30 Seattle Mariners 150.00

I figure there's as much chance of collecting from a wager on the Os as there is on the Yankees and the potential $1500 return appeals more than the Yanks' measly $80 for the same outlay.

One thing is certain . . . the Red Sox are a dreadful risk at $15 and anyone who took them at their opening quote of $7 can tear up their tickets now.

Probably couldve put that $20 in Mega Mil or Power ball and had better odds of it paying off.

(and yes....I did in deed get the sarcasm. :rwb:)

At 10 -7, the O's are on pace to win 95 games, which is exactly the number that I predicted. Yet another example of remarkable foresight (and humility).

You might be better served putting that money in Vegas.

I'm tempted...just to see if I can make any thing.

At 10 -7, the O's are on pace to win 95 games, which is exactly the number that I predicted. Yet another example of remarkable foresight (and humility).

Didn't you predict 95 last year? How'd that work out for ya?

At my age, the number 95 seems to be a worthy goal. In any case, last year's prediction was premised on the hard-nosed Buck from 2010 gaining control on baseball matters from AM and establishing high expectations for the team. It didn't happen - BS became AM Junior to the extreme in 2011 even to the point of complimenting the fierce determination in Brian M's eyes after another dismal performance.

Predictably, the O's met the tolerable low expectations set and agreed to by AM and BS and had another dismal season.

While there is justifiable expectation that the Orioles will sooner or later fall behind the more talented teams, I see no reason not to enjoy what is happening now. Hammel is pitching lights out, most of the starters look decent, so the well-rested bullpen is holding its own, including the spunky Strop getting his first two saves rather impressively. Shutting out the Blue Jays is an accomplishment. Let's have some fun!

Travis Moon has allies everywhere:)

At my age, the number 95 seems to be a worthy goal. In any case, last year's prediction was premised on the hard-nosed Buck from 2010 gaining control on baseball matters from AM and establishing high expectations for the team. It didn't happen - BS became AM Junior to the extreme in 2011 even to the point of complimenting the fierce determination in Brian M's eyes after another dismal performance.

Predictably, the O's met the tolerable low expectations set and agreed to by AM and BS and had another dismal season.

constantly stating your age doesnt give you an excuse

Wow 17 games and the crazies come out!! LOL:D:D

Go piss off dude. Why do you even post here? Does living vicariously through a message board make up for whatever your lacking in your life?

Go piss off dude. Why do you even post here? Does living vicariously through a message board make up for whatever your lacking in your life?

1st off...it's you're. :o

2ndly....if he's 'living vicariously thru a message board'.....what are you doing seeing as how you're on this very same MB? Just asking.

Anyway....I slightly disagree w/Mr. Cool. The Orioles will in deed return to their 'customary (5th) place'....but it may not be all that soon. They're always good for a tease 'til around mid-late June or so...then it all falls apart. So we've got another month and a half/2 months til that happens.