Master Stroke.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

Ozzie knows what he's doing and I see a master stroke/plan in effect. They can take the best corner left and a receiver in any 2 rounds I can't wait. Christmas is tomorrow.

2 /2
2 /4
2/ 5

But those 49ner's stole my boy AJ Jenkins.
John most have talked in his sleep.;):D

Janoris Jenkins projects to that slot.
Reuben Randle, Sanu, Hill, but Jenkins is of the greatest value.

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

Ozzie knows what he's doing and I see a master stroke/plan in effect. They can take the best corner left and a receiver in any 2 rounds I can't wait. Christmas is tomorrow.

If you say that enuf....you will eventually convince your self of it. :o

#3 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

If you say that enuf....you will eventually convince your self of it. :o

Don't need to be convinced...just look at Ozzie's and the Ravens' track record. Even your folks at ESPN have rated the Ravens as one of, if not the, top drafting organizations in the NFL.

Trying hard to deny it is more proof that you really don't know football - just the art of smarmy sarcasm.

Edited by Peej7245, 27 April 2012 - 05:33 AM.
Need to use small words when explaining to this knucklehead.

#4 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Don't need to be convinced...just look at Ozzie's and the Ravens' track record. Even your folks at ESPN have rated the Ravens as one of, if not the, top drafting organizations in the NFL.

Not this year.

#5 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Not this year.

The draft isn't over.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#6 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

The draft isn't over.

The best teams get the #1 pick. Other teams just suck and win football games.

#7 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

The draft isn't over.

Almost all the guys you supposedly liked are gone tho. Hightower....De Castro.....Zeitler....McClellan.....I can go on.

Where you're picking now.....the...well...pickings are pretty slim.

#8 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Almost all the guys you supposedly liked are gone tho. Hightower....De Castro.....Zeitler....McClellan.....I can go on.

Yeah. It really sucks to have the 29th pick.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#9 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Yeah. It really sucks to have the 29th pick.

Not rly...except you are now picking 35th. :eek: Keep up? ;)

#10 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Are they going to run out of players for rounds 2-6?

#11 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Not rly...except you are now picking 35th. :eek: Keep up? ;)

Teams that suck so bad that they get the 29th pick sometimes miss out on the players at the top of their lists. Often, there is not much difference in ability between a 29th pick and a 35th pick. But there is often a difference in value.

Do you know anything at all about football?

#12 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Teams that suck so bad that they get the 29th pick sometimes miss out on the players at the top of their lists. Often, there is not much difference in ability between a 29th pick and a 35th pick. But there is often a difference in value.

Do you know anything at all about football?

I know that its going to be an exciting time (as ever) to be a member of Colt Nation. Did you hear the folks at Bristol last night practically salvating over AL and all the good he'll do for the team and even the community? This class act will be a staple on SC for the next decade+. Just like his precessor. :cool:

I also know that the Ravens will be experiencing a bit of a hangover from their unexpected success last yr. And if this draft is any indication.....the ache could linger awhile. :o

#13 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Case Made:
http://www.nfl.com/d..._headline_stack

I'm going to say I will not believe the Organization if they don't select him. Clearly everone knows he's the best player avaiable. How many picks do you need to get the players you want/need. If you want to bolster your team for years to come you'd be a fool not to take him and there will always be a premium for a shutdown corner. His skilset is rare and teams know it. Even if you get 2 more picks, you won't sign them all and they still have choices via undrafted players. I see the 49's, Cowboy's, Patriots and possibly the Browns already doing the pick pocket early. Ozzie may get 4 viable players that may or maynot contribute if he continues to trade back. It's a deep draft but they could find themselves in deep do-do by being greedy. The only way this would be a coup would them to select 3 times in the 2nd, 3 times in the 3rd. 2 times in the 4th and 5th. with the 6th and 7th being what they may conceive as a early undrafted they wouldn't have to sway away from another suiter. Just because you have numerous picks doesn't mean you will get your man. You'd have to have a trade partner. I know Ozzie's wheels are spinning but look at the early moves. The Pats moved up not back.

Jenkins fills a need that shouldn't be ignored.

#14 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

unexpected success last yr.

Yeah, teams that go to the playoffs for three years running are always not expected to go to the playoffs again.

Seriously, do you know anything about football?

#15 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,084 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Did you get this info from Bristol?
Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#16 18-78-45-29

18-78-45-29

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Ozzie is da man, I can't wait for tonight.

#17 Bmore Styles

Bmore Styles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Someone explain how corner is suddenly a need for the Ravens??? Webb, Smith, and Williams? I'd say it's arguably our most stacked position, so why waste our first pick padding our area of strength?????

#18 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

There's a good chance we trade our 4th rd pick + to move back into 2nd rd and have another 2nd round pick. That would be outstanding
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#19 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Someone explain how corner is suddenly a need for the Ravens??? Webb, Smith, and Williams? I'd say it's arguably our most stacked position, so why waste our first pick padding our area of strength?????

Because Williams isn't a lock to return next year without an extension. He has a tender status, I won't bother to rehash my previous outlook or statements. BPA remember.

#20 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Case Made:
http://www.nfl.com/d..._headline_stack

I'm going to say I will not believe the Organization if they don't select him. Clearly everone knows he's the best player avaiable. How many picks do you need to get the players you want/need. If you want to bolster your team for years to come you'd be a fool not to take him and there will always be a premium for a shutdown corner. His skilset is rare and teams know it. Even if you get 2 more picks, you won't sign them all and they still have choices via undrafted players. I see the 49's, Cowboy's, Patriots and possibly the Browns already doing the pick pocket early. Ozzie may get 4 viable players that may or maynot contribute if he continues to trade back. It's a deep draft but they could find themselves in deep do-do by being greedy. The only way this would be a coup would them to select 3 times in the 2nd, 3 times in the 3rd. 2 times in the 4th and 5th. with the 6th and 7th being what they may conceive as a early undrafted they wouldn't have to sway away from another suiter. Just because you have numerous picks doesn't mean you will get your man. You'd have to have a trade partner. I know Ozzie's wheels are spinning but look at the early moves. The Pats moved up not back.

Jenkins fills a need that shouldn't be ignored.

I can see your logic Jenkins could fill a need, the Ravens shouldn't ignore WR either because God forbid Torrey Smith goes down there goes their deep outside threat. You can never have enough corners but the same theory applies to WRs too. If Webb, Smith, or Williams goes down the Ravens would be in some trouble and the same nightmare scenario would apply if Boldin or Torrey Smith go down. Tandon Doss nor LaQuan Williams are true outside threats so at some point in this draft I'm really really hoping the Ravens grab one of these talented big WRs (Hill, Randle, Jeffrey, Sanu etc....).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users