• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

What a vote of no confidence he just gave to RG3 by drafting Kirk Cousins. Not only that, Shanahan just degraded the qaulity of the Redskins draft as well as creating a qb controversy. RG3 is one player that definately did not
require and motivation or someone pushing him. Way to go Shanahan...what a p**** you are.

Edited by agentorange, 28 April 2012 - 01:10 PM.
mistake

#2 CTFAN

CTFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

You still need a backup and you still need competition in camp even if the winner is predetermined. Nothing wrong here, IMO.
www.pictureframingschool.com

#3 can you hear me now!

can you hear me now!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,387 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

par for the course with little danny's organization....you traded away almost half a draft to pick griffin and then you take another QB....only in DC....
:eek: CYHMN Enterprises-- Manufacturing gloom and doom since 1998. :eek:

chaos, panic, disorder-- my work is done here...;)

#4 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Who is Randy Shanahan? Stupid move by the Deadskins with all the holes on that team.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#5 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

maybe they drafted him to put in on the plays they aren't running bubble screens or QB draws ........

and btw, no one here will argue with you when you point out the redskins are one of the worse franchises in football ;) ........
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#6 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Who is Randy Shanahan? Stupid move by the Deadskins with all the holes on that team.

Oops...my bad...correction made

#7 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Where you thinking of Randy Shannon? haha. They do look alike
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#8 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,575 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

You still need a backup and you still need competition in camp even if the winner is predetermined. Nothing wrong here, IMO.

Think about it...if RG3 Cant cut the mustard, logic says you bring in a veteren backup...not another kid who has no NFL experience whatsoever. On one hand, the Skins draft a kid and more or less say, take this bazillion dollar contract and oh yea, by the way, we're not to sure about you so we'll draft another qb just in case...Just stupid is what Shanahan is....RG3 will never trust him from day one.

#9 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

RG3 will not be the answer .........

redskins will continue to suck and provide us all a few laughs .......
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#10 Ravens75

Ravens75

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

You may do this if RG III was in his 3rd year and had struggled or is an established pro but now what they did was create unnecessary controversy. If Cousins has even a few good practices while RG III may not it only adds fuel to the fire.

When Heath Shuler was drafted it was pretty obvious he was raw but it was made worse when the Feret Gus Ferotte outplayed him.

Cousins by all accounts is a cocky guy that's not looking to back up anyone so he is going to put even more pressure on RG III.

The only way this works out for the Slurs is if RG III cements himself as the starter and Cousins comes in for a game or two because of injury and balls out. The Slurs then trade him for a day 2 pick.

#11 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

They could have rebuilt there entire team by trading RG? to the other QB needy teams. One man can't save your Team, Mr. Snotty.

#12 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

RG3 will not be the answer .........

redskins will continue to suck and provide us all a few laughs .......

You will be wrong. It will be funny if we have two QB's better than Flacco though.
Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#13 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

What a vote of no confidence he just gave to RG3 by drafting Kirk Cousins. Not only that, Shanahan just degraded the qaulity of the Redskins draft as well as creating a qb controversy. RG3 is one player that definately did not
require and motivation or someone pushing him. Way to go Shanahan...what a p**** you are.

If you believe that this created a QB controversy, you don't know squat. RGIII is the most important draft pick in franchise history based on what they gave up to take him. I am not sold on why they took Cousins but it has NOTHING to do with Griffin.
Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#14 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

As a Giants fan I love the fact they wasted a draft pick on a QB when they will not have a first round pick in 2013 and 2014.

#15 TDL

TDL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Not a bad move actually.

Give Cousins a little PT and if he shows any potential a year or two down the line some team will be willing to fork over more than the Redskins paid to get him.Kinda like what the Falcons did with Schaub and the Eagles with Kolb.

Would you sacrifice a fourth round pick in 2012 if it could potentially net you a number one or a number two in 2014?

#16 Ravens75

Ravens75

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Would you sacrifice a fourth round pick in 2012 if it could potentially net you a number one or a number two in 2014?

I don't know if teams are willing to pay twice anymore just to get a QB. With the success that a lot of young QB's are having why not just draft your guy or sign a young FA like Matt Flynn?

#17 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I don't know if teams are willing to pay twice anymore just to get a QB. With the success that a lot of young QB's are having why not just draft your guy or sign a young FA like Matt Flynn?

Was Kolb moved last year or 20 years ago?

I don't agree with the pick but I understand it. They clearly had Cousins too highly rated to pass on.

#18 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

You will be wrong. It will be funny if we have two QB's better than Flacco though.

I'd bet you know that Flacco has already won more playoff games than RG3 will in his career ;) .......
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#19 Ravens75

Ravens75

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Was Kolb moved last year or 20 years ago?

And that's why Arizona went all in for Manning regardless of the injury concerns.

They paid way too much for a guy that showed flashes.

Teams aren't going to do that anymore.

#20 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,059 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

And that's why Arizona went all in for Manning regardless of the injury concerns.

They paid way too much for a guy that showed flashes.

Teams aren't going to do that anymore.

I bet they will. If there was another year left on Flynn's contract, they would have done it this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users