• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

I like this kid. Check out some highlights below. I hate to say it, but he is very reminiscent of Mike Wallace from Pitt. And dare I say, faster. He is lanky and tall and has a good catching mechanic--very much a hands catcher. I'm sure this pick had something to do with our UMiami pillars; they will bring out the best in this kid.

Best of all, is his U-given nickname: "Touchdown Tommy."

If he can get on quick--heck, if he can just suffice to run a bunch of 9 routes--he will give our offense the spark to go next level. Remember the passing conundrum that San Diego presented? That'll be US. Two killer wideouts that WILL burn you deep, an all-pro vet at slot, and some very dependable TEs (especially Pitta). Not to mention Rice out of the backfield. And, oh yeah, there's the running game that is really our heartbeat.

I like, I like. Get TD Tommy in here and may he never stop running those flys after the first one in rookie camp.

ROLL UP THE SLEEVES
Braven

#2 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I like this kid. Check out some highlights below. I hate to say it, but he is very reminiscent of Mike Wallace from Pitt. And dare I say, faster. He is lanky and tall and has a good catching mechanic--very much a hands catcher. I'm sure this pick had something to do with our UMiami pillars; they will bring out the best in this kid.

If he can get on quick--heck, if he can just suffice to run a bunch of 9 routes--he will give our offense the spark to go next level. Remember the passing conundrum that San Diego presented? That'll be US. Two killer wideouts that WILL burn you deep, an all-pro vet at slot, and some very dependable TEs (especially Pitta). Not to mention Rice out of the backfield. And, oh yeah, there's the running game that is really our heartbeat.

I like, I like. Get TD Tommy in here and may he never stop running those flys after the first one in rookie camp.

ROLL UP THE SLEEVES
Braven

Proof once again that ignorance is bliss.;):rolleyes:

#3 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Sorry -- here is the link:

Braven

#4 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Wow. Hard to believe he last to the 6th round.

#5 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

R

How very original. Methinks Mr. Vardell may have something to say about that. :rolleyes:

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,845 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

ROLL UP THE SLEEVES
Braven

I'm feelin some love for Tommy. :cool:

#7 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,833 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

hope he's not clarence moore II
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,845 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Why you always got to be negative, man? :cool:

#9 Ludovicus

Ludovicus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Nice late round selection....excellent speed with height.....something to work with there.

#10 ravenbrad

ravenbrad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

nice highlight tape

#11 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

PURPLE JUICE ALERT: GIDDY FAN BIASED STATEMENT TO FOLLOW: With that last catch in the Ball So Hard video, I'm thinking he would have caught the one vs. the Patriots and we would have gone on to beat the Giants in the Super. He fought for it down to the ground, Evans.

Braven

#12 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

wow. Hard to believe he last to the 6th round.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

ROLL UP THE SLEEVES
Braven

LOL...you forgot to post the entire post:

"Streeter needs to develop the technical parts of his game to be able to demand consistent playing time on the outside. He false steps often at the snap and has a below-average burst off the line, and although he uses his length well to avoid press, could have issues once teams start to get in his face at the line of scrimmage. Runs sloppy routes and isn't definitive in his movements."

This is why he lasted untill the 6th round Cletus.

#14 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Nice late round selection....excellent speed with height.....something to work with there.

Too many fans forget that the purpose of the later rounds (and the reason why there are players still available to be drafted): kids with potential but need work and kids who probably will never make the squad, but the team needs bodies for camp.

#15 TigerBlood

TigerBlood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Clarence moore went to a small school and wasn't rated highly in the draft. Streeter went to the U and was rated as high as late second rd talent by some evaluators. Other then the height, there is no comparison at all.

#16 TigerBlood

TigerBlood

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

LOL...you forgot to post the entire post:

"Streeter needs to develop the technical parts of his game to be able to demand consistent playing time on the outside. He false steps often at the snap and has a below-average burst off the line, and although he uses his length well to avoid press, could have issues once teams start to get in his face at the line of scrimmage. Runs sloppy routes and isn't definitive in his movements."

This is why he lasted untill the 6th round Cletus.

He was rated as highly as late second round talent. You forgot to mention that, Cletus.

#17 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

He was rated as highly as late second round talent. You forgot to mention that, Cletus.

LOL....by whom????? Riddle me this, why did he last until the 6th round Homer? I know, Ozzie put a spell on all the other teams so the Ravens could draft him in the 6th...LOL. Get it yet Cletus?:rolleyes:

#18 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

LOL....by whom????? Riddle me this, why did he last until the 6th round Homer? I know, Ozzie put a spell on all the other teams so the Ravens could draft him in the 6th...LOL. Get it yet Cletus?:rolleyes:

There are a number of reason why the NFL (Not First League) teams pass on players...

1. Combine performance or non-performance
2. Vital Statistics (Size, Strength, Speed, etc.) when the guys are wearing undies.
3. School reputation
4. Game film (or lack thereof)
5. Herd mentality
6. Team needs

NFL is a copycat league: almost any fad gets copied. (Case in point, the Wildcat). There are lots of reasons why someone drops in the draft....they just don't share them with us!

#19 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

There are a number of reason why the NFL (Not First League) teams pass on players...

1. Combine performance or non-performance
2. Vital Statistics (Size, Strength, Speed, etc.) when the guys are wearing undies.
3. School reputation
4. Game film (or lack thereof)
5. Herd mentality
6. Team needs

NFL is a copycat league: almost any fad gets copied. (Case in point, the Wildcat). There are lots of reasons why someone drops in the draft....they just don't share them with us!

But doesn't he have great speed, tremedous size, great hands, superior attiude.....LOL See your reason #2:rolleyes:

#20 rharris1986

rharris1986

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Even if the ONLY thing he does is run down field - opposite Torrey Smith - he makes the Ravens a better passing team. He opens up the field for everybody (particularly in the midde) for Rice and the TEs and Boldin in 3 WR sets. And he open up the outside for Torrey Smith - they can't double both Streeter and Smith.

P.S. from the video I saw it would appear that he can also catch the ball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users