Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Softbank Orioles

If Gregg can't pitch when we're up 9 then...

8 posts in this topic

Not a Gregg fan, but he just pitched last night and actually looked good. So no reason to use him again tonight.

If we're gonna try to shop him he has to pitch back to back nights so we can upsell and say he can.

Gregg did something the other night that I've never seen him do with the O's - he attacked the strike zone.

He's always had the stuff and the mental makeup, but he's never been willing to do what the coaches want him to do. If he changes his approach - i.e. throws strikes - this whole conversation will change.

Gregg did something the other night that I've never seen him do with the O's - he attacked the strike zone.

He's always had the stuff and the mental makeup, but he's never been willing to do what the coaches want him to do. If he changes his approach - i.e. throws strikes - this whole conversation will change.

Correct - that's been the problem with the ENTIRE Oriole pitching-staff the last 10, 11, 12...13 years.

They did not throw strikes, period.

Well, then maybe riding the pine until he does as his boss tells him is the medicine he needs.