Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

escheinersold

2012 Draft -Suprises and confusion WHY?

28 posts in this topic

To me it is obvious several things caused what appears to be an upset plan.

1. There are major numbers of personnel throughout the NFL now that are aware of the tactics and preferences Ozzie and company have and use in deciding on draft board.

2. The new CBA caused a change in the money commitments for draftees. This then resulted in the ability to for more teams to go for higher talented players. Trading therefore resulted in the order of the day. .

3. More teams have taken the Patriots posture in dealing not just with the current year but building the volume of draft choices in future years.

I think when you look at this and some other minor issues it is going to dictate a material change in Ozzie posture and planning for the future drafts. He needs to be less Predictable a much more willing to trade while losing a draft pick in the current year for the benefit of the future and building choice inventory for those trades.

It could be Steve Biscotti needs to step in and ask for the modification. Tough this draft is Satisfactory on paper there was too much surprise from other teams Putting The Surprise on the Ravens.

The is an old rule "The only thing constant is change". This also can apply to our thought processes and planning.

Still in all we can be considering the RAVENS TO HAVE HELD THEIR OWN ONN PAPER.

To me it is obvious several things caused what appears to be an upset plan.

1. There are major numbers of personnel throughout the NFL now that are aware of the tactics and preferences Ozzie and company have and use in deciding on draft board.

2. The new CBA caused a change in the money commitments for draftees. This then resulted in the ability to for more teams to go for higher talented players. Trading therefore resulted in the order of the day. .

3. More teams have taken the Patriots posture in dealing not just with the current year but building the volume of draft choices in future years.

I think when you look at this and some other minor issues it is going to dictate a material change in Ozzie posture and planning for the future drafts. He needs to be less Predictable a much more willing to trade while losing a draft pick in the current year for the benefit of the future and building choice inventory for those trades.

It could be Steve Biscotti needs to step in and ask for the modification. Tough this draft is Satisfactory on paper there was too much surprise from other teams Putting The Surprise on the Ravens.

The is an old rule "The only thing constant is change". This also can apply to our thought processes and planning.

Still in all we can be considering the RAVENS TO HAVE HELD THEIR OWN ONN PAPER.

The Raven's have won one Lombardi in what, 19 or 20 years. Why do you think any other team is copying or studying ozzie's drafting style? Describe his style to me if you would. There were no big surprises in this draft. Pittsburgh remained Pittsburgh and done very well. So did Cincy. Both teams rarely move and rarely trade. NE and Dallas moved this year because they had to to get the players they needed. The Raven's could of moved and had the draft choices to move, but chose not to. In my opinion, that was a mistake.

The Raven's have won one Lombardi in what, 19 or 20 years. Why do you think any other team is copying or studying ozzie's drafting style? Describe his style to me if you would. There were no big surprises in this draft. Pittsburgh remained Pittsburgh and done very well. So did Cincy. Both teams rarely move and rarely trade. NE and Dallas moved this year because they had to to get the players they needed. The Raven's could of moved and had the draft choices to move, but chose not to. In my opinion, that was a mistake.

Cincy had 2 first rounders. How did they get them? Last year they made preparation. Pitt traded up to get their man (Hightower). Did not work but the attempt. This was out of character. But did the new format cause them to rethink doing th same old same old. Oh and if you want to notice a Up and Coming organization St Lous showed Guts last year with Jone trade for this years draft. Oh and the manner the moved in and out and in the first round gather chocies.

Last years standing at the end does not matter in the draft. Philosophy, approach and planning are all that matters to keep on top or to move to the top. Everyone is eqwual in the draft. The Draft is a survival of the fitest with the most flexible. Tose entrenched in technique and the past are going to be lost in the draft.

1. Pittsburgh surprisingly took 2 players with "off the field issues" - Adams who had drug issues as well as "character problems" involved with the Ohio State tattoo/memorabilia scandal, and Rainey who was jailed and kicked off the team for criminal stalking) - something they usually shy away from.

2. No U of MD player selected, first time that happened since 1994.

Cincy had 2 first rounders. How did they get them? Last year they made preparation. Pitt traded up to get their man (Hightower). Did not work but the attempt. This was out of character. But did the new format cause them to rethink doing th same old same old. Oh and if you want to notice a Up and Coming organization St Lous showed Guts last year with Jone trade for this years draft. Oh and the manner the moved in and out and in the first round gather chocies.

Last years standing at the end does not matter in the draft. Philosophy, approach and planning are all that matters to keep on top or to move to the top. Everyone is eqwual in the draft. The Draft is a survival of the fitest with the most flexible. Tose entrenched in technique and the past are going to be lost in the draft.

First, Cincy got the picks by trading Palmer who did not want to play for the, Second, Pitt did not trade up to get Hightower, NE did. Pittsburgh stayed the course and did fine.

1. Pittsburgh surprisingly took 2 players with "off the field issues" - Adams who had drug issues as well as "character problems" involved with the Ohio State tattoo/memorabilia scandal, and Rainey who was jailed and kicked off the team for criminal stalking) - something they usually shy away from.

2. No U of MD player selected, first time that happened since 1994.

That was a surprise by pittsburgh, but Adams ask for a second interview with Pittsburgh and begged them to pick him up. He is a Pittsburgh native and wanted to play for the Steeler's badly. They explained what he would need to do and Adams agreed. As for Rainy he was never jailed or kicked off the team for stalking. He sent his ex-girlfriend a threatenning text. He was given a misdemor offense which was removed from his record after 6mths. Facts will set you free Cletus.

There is no way to be able to see into the future so we have to go back, 2009 for example. Most know that a draft can't be critically judged until three years later. I wonder what you all were saying about the small school Lardarius Webb back in 2009?

There is no way to be able to see into the future so we have to go back, 2009 for example. Most know that a draft can't be critically judged until three years later. I wonder what you all were saying about the small school Lardarius Webb back in 2009?

you forgot Tom Brady, Mike Webster, and the big WR and TE for NO, sorry I forgot their names. So what is your point...a blind chipmonk finds a nut once in a while????/:confused:

you forgot Tom Brady, Mike Webster, and the big WR and TE for NO, sorry I forgot their names. So what is your point...a blind chipmonk finds a nut once in a while????/:confused:

His point is: the goal is to put the best 53-man roster together to make the playoffs and have a real chance at a SB ring.

The draft is just one way to make that happen.

His point is: the goal is to put the best 53-man roster together to make the playoffs and have a real chance at a SB ring.

The draft is just one way to make that happen.

LOL...so you are thinking for him now. Does he live in your purple pleasure world too? :eek: Clue 1. They didn't help theirselves with this years draft Cletus.

As for Rainy he was never jailed or kicked off the team for stalking.

Facts? Never jailed?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (CBS/WTEV/AP) Florida Gators wide receiver, Chris Rainey, was arrested overnight for allegedly sending a text message to his girlfriend threatening to kill her.

Rainey, 22, was charged with aggravated stalking, a 3rd degree felony, and was released from the Alachua County Jail on his own recognizance Tuesday.

Interesting how one can be "released from jail" when they were "never jailed"?

:rolleyes:

PS - Here's a picture of him "not in jail" :rolleyes:

And as far as "kicked off the team" never happening? :rolleyes:

Keep reading, liar.

GAINESVILLE -- Slot receiver Chris Rainey has been kicked off the University of Florida football team, according to offensive coordinator Steve Addazio. Rainey was arrested early Tuesday morning and charged with a third-degree felony for aggravated stalking

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_clause/2010/09/florida-gators-chris-rainey-arrested-for-threatening-text-message.html#storylink=cpy

Facts will set you free Cletus.

Lying just makes you a confirmed liar, Lie Dat.

Facts? Never jailed?

:rolleyes:

PS - Here's a picture of him "not in jail" :rolleyes:

Keep reading, liar.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_clause/2010/09/florida-gators-chris-rainey-arrested-for-threatening-text-message.html#storylink=cpy

Just wait Jeebus, next he will accuse you of mainlining purple kool-aid! LOL.

I like Florio's analysis on PFT this morning. "[ I ] give every team the same grade: Incomplete. It’s too early to know how any of these teams have done, because no one has any idea how any of these players will perform until they step onto an NFL field and face competition significantly greater than anything they ever have faced before. Some will slam against a ceiling that no one knew existed between their abilities in college and in the NFL. Others will surpass even the wildest hopes or expectations that anyone currently could have of them. Some will seemingly do a deal with the devil, going from widely-overlooked 199th overall pick to one of the best to ever play his position."

John Randle just made the Hall of Fame. He was an undrafted free agent back when the draft had 12 not 7 rounds. Tom Brady, arguably one of the top-5 QBs in history was a sixth round draft pick. I remember these message boards going crazy declaring an "epic fail" when the Ravens "wasted" their third round draft pick on undersized project Ladarius Webb out of Nicholls State in the third round. Some of you were about to set your hair on fire after we drafted Dennis Pitta in the fourth round, after drafting Ed Dickson in the third. I remember the internet meltdown as to why Ozzie would select a smaller white TE out of BYU right after they drafted Dickson. Some of you folks were declaring Pitta another “epic fail.”

Anyone that is making declarations on how good a draft may have been two days after it has concluded - and in a panic - needs to take a step back and calm down. It really does take playing an actual season or two to grade a particular draft class. As I said - there were a lot of you same armchair internet draft jockeys were going "who?" and "what the heck are they thinking" a few years ago when the Ravens drafted Flacco, Rice & Webb in 08' & 09'. I recall some of you saying Torrey Smith was a bust that left Ozzie with egg on his face...two games into last season.

Will some of these picks this year fail? – maybe. Will some exceed expectations? – maybe. I do know this - if as an NFL franchise you are hitting better than .500 with your draft picks you are doing extremely well. The Ravens have been much better than .500 over the last few years (e.g. – Smith, Flacco, Rice, Suggs, Ngata, Grubbs, Yanda, Pitta). I think the ceiling is still there for Cody, Kruger, Dickson, Oher and even an undrafted free agent like Albert Mcllelan. There may have been some swings & misses (Kindle), but they have turned some singles into doubles, and hit their fair share of homers as well. Their draft record over the past few years earns the scouting, drafting and player development department the benefit of the doubt that their homework will lead to contributing players, and made the right decision to bypass others.

Facts? Never jailed?

PS - Here's a picture of him "not in jail"

Keep reading, liar.

Charged is not the same as convicted Cletus.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Jailed is not the same as sentensed to jail Homer. Just ask Ray. Opps, I forgot, Ray was convicted.

Do you do anything but cry and complain about the Ravens? Oh, I forgot that if you don't whine constantly like a little girl you're drinking the purple koolaid.

Do you do anything but cry and complain about the Ravens? Oh, I forgot that if you don't whine constantly like a little girl you're drinking the purple koolaid.

Yes, the other thing I do is make fools out of mindless lemmings. You resemble that remark.:D

Yes, the other thing I do is make fools out of mindless lemmings. You resemble that remark.:D

Well at least you admit you cry and complain. Must really suck to be a "fan" of this team. :rolleyes:

To be unhappy with the Ravens strategy you must surely be unhappy with the draft.

Personally I couldn't be happier. I think it was an excellent draft in which they both got talent and filled their needs.

Four years from now you guys will be wringing your hands as to how we can keep both Torrey Smith and Tommey Streeter as they are both going to be in a position to command big time wide receiver 2nd contracts.

Charged is not the same as convicted Cletus.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Jailed is not the same as sentensed to jail Homer.

Who said convicted?

I said "jailed" and "kicked off."

You said I was wrong. I proved I was right.

You are a liar.

Liar.

(and it's spelled "sentenced" not "sentensed" Einstein)

To be unhappy with the Ravens strategy you must surely be unhappy with the draft.

Personally I couldn't be happier. I think it was an excellent draft in which they both got talent and filled their needs.

Four years from now you guys will be wringing your hands as to how we can keep both Torrey Smith and Tommey Streeter as they are both going to be in a position to command big time wide receiver 2nd contracts.

Ah yes....and the delusion begins anew.....

Ah yes....and the delusion begins anew.....

Yet you still ignore 2 bets in the other thread. :rolleyes:

Are you gonna man up and respond or hide like a little b****?

Yet the mirror reveals only you, as you were made to look like a fool in this thread.

You mouthed off and were firmly smacked back down with evidence, links, and even pictures proving you are a liar.

It's ok to boast and puff out your chest about your opinion, but facts tend to stand in the way of your lies.

Credibility = zero.

Lol, too easy.

PS - the fact that locker combo supports you is quite a vote of confidence, lol. :rolleyes: