• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:07 AM

To me it is obvious several things caused what appears to be an upset plan.
1. There are major numbers of personnel throughout the NFL now that are aware of the tactics and preferences Ozzie and company have and use in deciding on draft board.
2. The new CBA caused a change in the money commitments for draftees. This then resulted in the ability to for more teams to go for higher talented players. Trading therefore resulted in the order of the day. .
3. More teams have taken the Patriots posture in dealing not just with the current year but building the volume of draft choices in future years.
I think when you look at this and some other minor issues it is going to dictate a material change in Ozzie posture and planning for the future drafts. He needs to be less Predictable a much more willing to trade while losing a draft pick in the current year for the benefit of the future and building choice inventory for those trades.

It could be Steve Biscotti needs to step in and ask for the modification. Tough this draft is Satisfactory on paper there was too much surprise from other teams Putting The Surprise on the Ravens.

The is an old rule "The only thing constant is change". This also can apply to our thought processes and planning.

Still in all we can be considering the RAVENS TO HAVE HELD THEIR OWN ONN PAPER.
Ed So Pa Fan
:P

#2 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

To me it is obvious several things caused what appears to be an upset plan.
1. There are major numbers of personnel throughout the NFL now that are aware of the tactics and preferences Ozzie and company have and use in deciding on draft board.
2. The new CBA caused a change in the money commitments for draftees. This then resulted in the ability to for more teams to go for higher talented players. Trading therefore resulted in the order of the day. .
3. More teams have taken the Patriots posture in dealing not just with the current year but building the volume of draft choices in future years.
I think when you look at this and some other minor issues it is going to dictate a material change in Ozzie posture and planning for the future drafts. He needs to be less Predictable a much more willing to trade while losing a draft pick in the current year for the benefit of the future and building choice inventory for those trades.

It could be Steve Biscotti needs to step in and ask for the modification. Tough this draft is Satisfactory on paper there was too much surprise from other teams Putting The Surprise on the Ravens.

The is an old rule "The only thing constant is change". This also can apply to our thought processes and planning.

Still in all we can be considering the RAVENS TO HAVE HELD THEIR OWN ONN PAPER.

The Raven's have won one Lombardi in what, 19 or 20 years. Why do you think any other team is copying or studying ozzie's drafting style? Describe his style to me if you would. There were no big surprises in this draft. Pittsburgh remained Pittsburgh and done very well. So did Cincy. Both teams rarely move and rarely trade. NE and Dallas moved this year because they had to to get the players they needed. The Raven's could of moved and had the draft choices to move, but chose not to. In my opinion, that was a mistake.

#3 escheinersold

escheinersold

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

The Raven's have won one Lombardi in what, 19 or 20 years. Why do you think any other team is copying or studying ozzie's drafting style? Describe his style to me if you would. There were no big surprises in this draft. Pittsburgh remained Pittsburgh and done very well. So did Cincy. Both teams rarely move and rarely trade. NE and Dallas moved this year because they had to to get the players they needed. The Raven's could of moved and had the draft choices to move, but chose not to. In my opinion, that was a mistake.

Cincy had 2 first rounders. How did they get them? Last year they made preparation. Pitt traded up to get their man (Hightower). Did not work but the attempt. This was out of character. But did the new format cause them to rethink doing th same old same old. Oh and if you want to notice a Up and Coming organization St Lous showed Guts last year with Jone trade for this years draft. Oh and the manner the moved in and out and in the first round gather chocies.
Last years standing at the end does not matter in the draft. Philosophy, approach and planning are all that matters to keep on top or to move to the top. Everyone is eqwual in the draft. The Draft is a survival of the fitest with the most flexible. Tose entrenched in technique and the past are going to be lost in the draft.
Ed So Pa Fan
:P

#4 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

1. Pittsburgh surprisingly took 2 players with "off the field issues" - Adams who had drug issues as well as "character problems" involved with the Ohio State tattoo/memorabilia scandal, and Rainey who was jailed and kicked off the team for criminal stalking) - something they usually shy away from.

2. No U of MD player selected, first time that happened since 1994.

#5 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Cincy had 2 first rounders. How did they get them? Last year they made preparation. Pitt traded up to get their man (Hightower). Did not work but the attempt. This was out of character. But did the new format cause them to rethink doing th same old same old. Oh and if you want to notice a Up and Coming organization St Lous showed Guts last year with Jone trade for this years draft. Oh and the manner the moved in and out and in the first round gather chocies.
Last years standing at the end does not matter in the draft. Philosophy, approach and planning are all that matters to keep on top or to move to the top. Everyone is eqwual in the draft. The Draft is a survival of the fitest with the most flexible. Tose entrenched in technique and the past are going to be lost in the draft.

First, Cincy got the picks by trading Palmer who did not want to play for the, Second, Pitt did not trade up to get Hightower, NE did. Pittsburgh stayed the course and did fine.

#6 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

1. Pittsburgh surprisingly took 2 players with "off the field issues" - Adams who had drug issues as well as "character problems" involved with the Ohio State tattoo/memorabilia scandal, and Rainey who was jailed and kicked off the team for criminal stalking) - something they usually shy away from.

2. No U of MD player selected, first time that happened since 1994.

That was a surprise by pittsburgh, but Adams ask for a second interview with Pittsburgh and begged them to pick him up. He is a Pittsburgh native and wanted to play for the Steeler's badly. They explained what he would need to do and Adams agreed. As for Rainy he was never jailed or kicked off the team for stalking. He sent his ex-girlfriend a threatenning text. He was given a misdemor offense which was removed from his record after 6mths. Facts will set you free Cletus.

#7 classea5

classea5

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

There is no way to be able to see into the future so we have to go back, 2009 for example. Most know that a draft can't be critically judged until three years later. I wonder what you all were saying about the small school Lardarius Webb back in 2009?

#8 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

There is no way to be able to see into the future so we have to go back, 2009 for example. Most know that a draft can't be critically judged until three years later. I wonder what you all were saying about the small school Lardarius Webb back in 2009?

you forgot Tom Brady, Mike Webster, and the big WR and TE for NO, sorry I forgot their names. So what is your point...a blind chipmonk finds a nut once in a while????/:confused:

#9 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

you forgot Tom Brady, Mike Webster, and the big WR and TE for NO, sorry I forgot their names. So what is your point...a blind chipmonk finds a nut once in a while????/:confused:

#10 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

His point is: the goal is to put the best 53-man roster together to make the playoffs and have a real chance at a SB ring.

The draft is just one way to make that happen.

#11 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

His point is: the goal is to put the best 53-man roster together to make the playoffs and have a real chance at a SB ring.

The draft is just one way to make that happen.

LOL...so you are thinking for him now. Does he live in your purple pleasure world too? :eek: Clue 1. They didn't help theirselves with this years draft Cletus.

#12 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

As for Rainy he was never jailed or kicked off the team for stalking.

Facts? Never jailed?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (CBS/WTEV/AP) Florida Gators wide receiver, Chris Rainey, was arrested overnight for allegedly sending a text message to his girlfriend threatening to kill her.

Rainey, 22, was charged with aggravated stalking, a 3rd degree felony, and was released from the Alachua County Jail on his own recognizance Tuesday.

Interesting how one can be "released from jail" when they were "never jailed"?

:rolleyes:

PS - Here's a picture of him "not in jail" :rolleyes:

And as far as "kicked off the team" never happening? :rolleyes:

Keep reading, liar.

GAINESVILLE -- Slot receiver Chris Rainey has been kicked off the University of Florida football team, according to offensive coordinator Steve Addazio. Rainey was arrested early Tuesday morning and charged with a third-degree felony for aggravated stalking

http://miamiherald.t...l#storylink=cpy

Facts will set you free Cletus.

Lying just makes you a confirmed liar, Lie Dat.

#13 Peej7245

Peej7245

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Facts? Never jailed?

:rolleyes:

PS - Here's a picture of him "not in jail" :rolleyes:

Keep reading, liar.

Just wait Jeebus, next he will accuse you of mainlining purple kool-aid! LOL.

#14 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Facts? Never jailed?

PS - Here's a picture of him "not in jail"

Keep reading, liar.

Charged is not the same as convicted Cletus.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Jailed is not the same as sentensed to jail Homer. Just ask Ray. Opps, I forgot, Ray was convicted.

#15 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

THE BEST WAY THE JUDGE THE 2012 DRAFT IS TO WAIT UNTIL 2015.
The Giants did NOT have a good draft last year because some picks got hurt yet won the Super Bowl

#16 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Do you do anything but cry and complain about the Ravens? Oh, I forgot that if you don't whine constantly like a little girl you're drinking the purple koolaid.

#17 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Do you do anything but cry and complain about the Ravens? Oh, I forgot that if you don't whine constantly like a little girl you're drinking the purple koolaid.

Yes, the other thing I do is make fools out of mindless lemmings. You resemble that remark.:D

#18 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yes, the other thing I do is make fools out of mindless lemmings. You resemble that remark.:D

Well at least you admit you cry and complain. Must really suck to be a "fan" of this team. :rolleyes:

#19 rharris1986

rharris1986

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

To be unhappy with the Ravens strategy you must surely be unhappy with the draft.

Personally I couldn't be happier. I think it was an excellent draft in which they both got talent and filled their needs.

Four years from now you guys will be wringing your hands as to how we can keep both Torrey Smith and Tommey Streeter as they are both going to be in a position to command big time wide receiver 2nd contracts.

#20 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

Charged is not the same as convicted Cletus.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Jailed is not the same as sentensed to jail Homer.

Who said convicted?

I said "jailed" and "kicked off."

You said I was wrong. I proved I was right.

You are a liar.

Liar.

(and it's spelled "sentenced" not "sentensed" Einstein)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users