• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbraven

chrisbraven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thanks to Elj1201, we have the list of the 20 undrafted free agents signed today by the Ravens. I noticed two VERY intriguing names on there:

1)Charles Brown, DB, UNC. http://www.nfl.com/c...rown?id=2532806

I watched this dude's entire career at UNC. I met him, I isolated him in watching game tape, I studied his craft. This guy is a Raven. His 40 time puzzles me, because he was always 4.4 solid and one of the fastest Tar Heels. He improved at his pro day, running a 4.51. He plays VERY physical. He will not be manhandled. He would be a great depth CB/special teams player. I disagree with the cursory assessment done on NFL.com; I have seen every one of this guy's games in college and I think he is a good cb. He would create turnovers when covering in a dime defense. His instincts are good, if he'll trust his speed again. If he gets the ball, it'll be 6.

2)John Brantley, QB, Florida. This guy's worst enemy has been injury. I've seen him play some great football. I was actually rooting against him, hoping he'd affect a great dropoff after Tebow left, but he held his own and then some. He even ran the ball effectively. Keep in mind that he went through a coaching regime change and a couple offensive coordinators. Is he over the injury bug? That'll be the big question. He has good instincts, though, and has been around great offensive minds (Weiss, Urban Meyer, Muschamp). He could be a really good backup if he develops this offseason.

Braven

Edited by chrisbraven, 29 April 2012 - 06:45 PM.
link & name correction

#2 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

Well.....if they were truly 'interesting'/'intriguing' prospects........they probably wouldn't have gone undrafted in the 1st place. Just saying.

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well.....if they were truly 'interesting'/'intriguing' prospects........they probably wouldn't have gone undrafted in the 1st place. Just saying.

That may be true, but the Ravens (and I'm sure other teams as well) have a history of picking up some successful NFL players from the undrafted free agent pool.

#4 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, kinda like Bart Scott & Priest Holmes. Just saying.

#5 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, kinda like Bart Scott & Priest Holmes. Just saying.

And yet....they wound up achieving their greatest success on teams not named Ravens. Just saying again. ;)

#6 HAIL2BNG

HAIL2BNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,121 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Jeff Saturday and Victor Cruz agree.....
Its no surprise that the SSA is a mess when they hire economists with pea brains.

#7 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Melvin Bullitt sucks.
Gary Brackett sucks.
Jeff Saturday sucks.
Arian Foster sucks.
Adam Vinatieri sucks.
Tony Romo sucks.
Donnie Shell sucked.
London Fletcher sucks.
Rod Smith sucked.
Wes Welker sucks.
James Harrison sucks.
Antonio Gates sucks.
John Randle sucked.
Kurt Warner sucked.
Warren Moon sucked.
**** 'Night Train' Lane sucked.

I mean, if they were truly 'interesting'/'intriguing' prospects........they probably wouldn't have gone undrafted in the 1st place. Just saying.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#8 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

And yet....they wound up achieving their greatest success on teams not named Ravens. Just saying again. ;)

Bart Scott was clearly better on the Ravens.

#9 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

First (as already mentioned), Bart Scott was a far better player for the Ravens than the Jets. As far as Holmes' greatest success, I would venture to say he would agree it was his Super Bowl victory with the Ravens, despite his superior personal stats for the Chefs. That being said, your post above is totally irrelevant to your argument that undrafted rookie free agents aren't interesting or intriguing, but that's to be expected from a troll like you I guess.

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

2 AFCC games > 1 AFCC game. Not so clear to me.

#11 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,456 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Unsuccessful troll remains unsuccessful. :rolleyes:
Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#12 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

In that case, you just proved my point re: Priest Holmes:

1 Super Bowl > an 0-2 record in the playoffs (in 7 seasons).

Doesn't it ever get old being wrong all the time?

#13 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Ok, and Holmes won a ring with the Ravens and none with the Chiefs.

Scott as an individual player was better on the Ravens.

#14 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Scott as an individual player was better on the Ravens.

Absolutely. Scott's biggest highlight in purple was an actual football play (sack of Ben in 2006). Scott's biggest hightlight in green is a soundbite ("Can't wait!").

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#15 mdlmark

mdlmark

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

"Gotta agree with ya on that one", says Rex:D
Theodoric of York: Wait a minute. Perhaps she's right. Perhaps I've been wrong to blindly folow the medical traditions and superstitions of past centuries. Maybe we barbers should test these assumptions analytically, through experimentation and a "scientific method". Maybe this scientific method could be extended to other fields of learning: the natural sciences, art, architecture, navigation. Perhaps I could lead the way to a new age, an age of rebirth, a Renaissance! ... Naaaaaahhh! :D:P

#16 azosfan

azosfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

You da king p**ck h ere, VERY CLEAR to me and everyone else here who doesn't use a locker combo for a screen name!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users