Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mythoughts

O's are tied with the Nats

28 posts in this topic

Difference being that one is the real goods.....and one is an abberration.

You're right, a team that is near the bottom in every offensive category should have more losses. (You're so bad you have to bring up your 19 yr old prospect in the hopes that might spark SOMETHING) Thankfully the season is long so the losses will come, just give it time...

Can't win if you can't score, and god we need storen back, our closing situation is not good, bryce looked good in his first game, and if not for ramos droping the dam ball, he would have saved the game with his throw home, but if we keep it up with this enemic offense it will eventually bite you in the arse.

You're right, a team that is near the bottom in every offensive category should have more losses. (You're so bad you have to bring up your 19 yr old prospect in the hopes that might spark SOMETHING) Thankfully the season is long so the losses will come, just give it time...

Really, we're so bad? cmon O's did you see the kids first game? he belongs up here.

Really, we're so bad? cmon O's did you see the kids first game? he belongs up here.

Harper should have a great career, but the only reason he's up earlier is that DC can't hit their way out of a paper bag. Have YOU seen ANY of their games??

I'm still predicting both the Orioles and Nats will be long out of it come September, but shockingly the O's are a more balanced team, while the Nats are relying on pitchers giving up no more than 1 run to win games. That's not going to work for 162.

Harper should have a great career, but the only reason he's up earlier is that DC can't hit their way out of a paper bag. Have YOU seen ANY of their games??

I'm still predicting both the Orioles and Nats will be long out of it come September, but shockingly the O's are a more balanced team, while the Nats are relying on pitchers giving up no more than 1 run to win games. That's not going to work for 162.

This is just so off base I cant even respond.

I predict you and the Orioles will both be watching the Nats in October from the cozy comfort of your couches.

I predict you and the Orioles will both be watching the Nats in October from the cozy comfort of your couches.

Show me how I'm off base. Look at the stats, D-bag. Look at the horrible run support that the Nats are putting up and tell me that's a way to sustain a "playoff run". You can't respond because I'm right!

Go fing kill yourself alreaday. PLEASE!!!!!

Show me how I'm off base. Look at the stats, D-bag. Look at the horrible run support that the Nats are putting up and tell me that's a way to sustain a "playoff run". You can't respond because I'm right!

W/that pitching (esp. starting) they are in every single ball game. Can't say that about the Orioles' SPs now can we?

Thx for playing.

W/that pitching (esp. starting) they are in every single ball game. Can't say that about the Orioles' SPs now can we?

Thx for playing.

Umm the Orioles are SECOND in the AMERICAN LEAGUE in ERA (where teams actually score runs and you don't get to pitch to a guy who couldn't get a hit in little league every ninth batter). But they have bad pitching??? Did I miss something???

You just lost four in a row because you CAN'T score and have a suspect bullpen, yeah, THANKS FOR PLAYING!

BTW, if the Nats were in the AL East they would have trouble winning 65 games a year. If the O's got to play the D'Backs, Reds, Padres, etc... they probably WOULD make the playoffs this year.

Numbers doesn't know anything about baseball. He only knows to say that the Orioles suck. He can't speak to stats or anything like that because he doesn't know anything about them.

Numbers doesn't know anything about baseball. He only knows to say that the Orioles suck. He can't speak to stats or anything like that because he doesn't know anything about them.

Yeah, I know. Everytime I defend my comments to this "person" I feel like I just had an argument with a mentally challenged monkey. Shame on me for wasting my time...

Umm the Orioles are SECOND in the AMERICAN LEAGUE in ERA (where teams actually score runs and you don't get to pitch to a guy who couldn't get a hit in little league every ninth batter). But they have bad pitching??? Did I miss something???

You just lost four in a row because you CAN'T score and have a suspect bullpen, yeah, THANKS FOR PLAYING!

BTW, if the Nats were in the AL East they would have trouble winning 65 games a year. If the O's got to play the D'Backs, Reds, Padres, etc... they probably WOULD make the playoffs this year.

That's what frustrates me about a lot of the people who hammer the O's on this board. There is talent, and there is relative talent.

The O's just may have both this year.

I agree we haven't been putting up runs, but we got swept by the dodgers, best record in the NL, our closer is hurt, zimm is on the DL and Morse to, so I don't think we will be having these issues when we get them back.

I agree we haven't been putting up runs, but we got swept by the dodgers, best record in the NL, our closer is hurt, zimm is on the DL and Morse to, so I don't think we will be having these issues when we get them back.

Yes, but injuries count. This is what plagues teams like the Nats, Orioles, etc... they get on a run but then a couple of players go down and everything falls apart. The Yankees just plug in the next $15mil a year free agent.

Yes, but injuries count. This is what plagues teams like the Nats, Orioles, etc... they get on a run but then a couple of players go down and everything falls apart. The Yankees just plug in the next $15mil a year free agent.

I get that, but they are the two of the best slugger's on the team, the problem is not having a true lead off guy, and espinosa keeps playing like this he might have to look over his shoulder soon with rendon, and possibly Lombardozzi pushing him out.

I get that, but they are the two of the best slugger's on the team, the problem is not having a true lead off guy, and espinosa keeps playing like this he might have to look over his shoulder soon with rendon, and possibly Lombardozzi pushing him out.

Well look at the O's. Two starters who put up a combined 67 HR last year are barely hitting their sister's weight, and the leadoff guy is anything but typical but they're getting it done somehow.

Thx for playing.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/baltimore-orioles-hot-start-al-east-yankees-rays-notes-042912

The Nationals, who are off Monday, will finish April with a 1.78 rotation ERA, becoming the first team to end the month below 2.00 since the 1985 Cubs (1.94).

The last team to finish with a lower rotation ERA in April, according to STATS LLC, was the ’78 Athletics (1.75). The last NL team to do it was the ’72 Dodgers (1.72)

Not that such a start portends a successful season.

The ’78 A’s finished 69-93; they were last in the league in runs scored. The ’72 Dodgers finished 85-70; they played only 15 games in April due to a strike.

Only five teams have scored less runs than the Nats.

Thx for playing

I'll be watching the O's and Nats from my cozy couch on Oct 1,2+3