#1 mythoughts

mythoughts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,935 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:41 AM

Both teams now 14-8
2009 is the International Year of Astronomy
Have you looked through a telescope this year ?

Saturday October 24, 2009 is Astronomy Day.
Consider visiting a local astronomy club/astronomical society, planetarium, or observatory to take a look at the sky through a telescope.

http://www.astroleag...y/astroday.html

#2 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

The series this June will actually be interesting at this rate.

#3 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Difference being that one is the real goods.....and one is an abberration.

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,134 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Wow, you are so clever. :rolleyes:

#5 TravisMoon

TravisMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,945 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Unlike the Nats, the Orioles haven't lost 4 in a row all year!

TM
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "The Preying Matusz" devours another batter!

#6 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

You're right, a team that is near the bottom in every offensive category should have more losses. (You're so bad you have to bring up your 19 yr old prospect in the hopes that might spark SOMETHING) Thankfully the season is long so the losses will come, just give it time...

#7 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

Can't win if you can't score, and god we need storen back, our closing situation is not good, bryce looked good in his first game, and if not for ramos droping the dam ball, he would have saved the game with his throw home, but if we keep it up with this enemic offense it will eventually bite you in the arse.

#8 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

You're right, a team that is near the bottom in every offensive category should have more losses. (You're so bad you have to bring up your 19 yr old prospect in the hopes that might spark SOMETHING) Thankfully the season is long so the losses will come, just give it time...

Really, we're so bad? cmon O's did you see the kids first game? he belongs up here.

#9 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Really, we're so bad? cmon O's did you see the kids first game? he belongs up here.

Harper should have a great career, but the only reason he's up earlier is that DC can't hit their way out of a paper bag. Have YOU seen ANY of their games??

I'm still predicting both the Orioles and Nats will be long out of it come September, but shockingly the O's are a more balanced team, while the Nats are relying on pitchers giving up no more than 1 run to win games. That's not going to work for 162.

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Harper should have a great career, but the only reason he's up earlier is that DC can't hit their way out of a paper bag. Have YOU seen ANY of their games??

I'm still predicting both the Orioles and Nats will be long out of it come September, but shockingly the O's are a more balanced team, while the Nats are relying on pitchers giving up no more than 1 run to win games. That's not going to work for 162.

This is just so off base I cant even respond.

I predict you and the Orioles will both be watching the Nats in October from the cozy comfort of your couches.

#11 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

This is just so off base I cant even respond.

I predict you and the Orioles will both be watching the Nats in October from the cozy comfort of your couches.

Show me how I'm off base. Look at the stats, D-bag. Look at the horrible run support that the Nats are putting up and tell me that's a way to sustain a "playoff run". You can't respond because I'm right!

Go fing kill yourself alreaday. PLEASE!!!!!

#12 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Show me how I'm off base. Look at the stats, D-bag. Look at the horrible run support that the Nats are putting up and tell me that's a way to sustain a "playoff run". You can't respond because I'm right!

W/that pitching (esp. starting) they are in every single ball game. Can't say that about the Orioles' SPs now can we?

Thx for playing.

#13 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

W/that pitching (esp. starting) they are in every single ball game. Can't say that about the Orioles' SPs now can we?

Thx for playing.

Umm the Orioles are SECOND in the AMERICAN LEAGUE in ERA (where teams actually score runs and you don't get to pitch to a guy who couldn't get a hit in little league every ninth batter). But they have bad pitching??? Did I miss something???

You just lost four in a row because you CAN'T score and have a suspect bullpen, yeah, THANKS FOR PLAYING!

BTW, if the Nats were in the AL East they would have trouble winning 65 games a year. If the O's got to play the D'Backs, Reds, Padres, etc... they probably WOULD make the playoffs this year.

#14 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,134 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Numbers doesn't know anything about baseball. He only knows to say that the Orioles suck. He can't speak to stats or anything like that because he doesn't know anything about them.

#15 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Numbers doesn't know anything about baseball. He only knows to say that the Orioles suck. He can't speak to stats or anything like that because he doesn't know anything about them.

Yeah, I know. Everytime I defend my comments to this "person" I feel like I just had an argument with a mentally challenged monkey. Shame on me for wasting my time...

#16 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

How many times did you have to look up the spelling for aberration?
Looks like not enough.....
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#17 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Umm the Orioles are SECOND in the AMERICAN LEAGUE in ERA (where teams actually score runs and you don't get to pitch to a guy who couldn't get a hit in little league every ninth batter). But they have bad pitching??? Did I miss something???

You just lost four in a row because you CAN'T score and have a suspect bullpen, yeah, THANKS FOR PLAYING!

BTW, if the Nats were in the AL East they would have trouble winning 65 games a year. If the O's got to play the D'Backs, Reds, Padres, etc... they probably WOULD make the playoffs this year.

That's what frustrates me about a lot of the people who hammer the O's on this board. There is talent, and there is relative talent.
The O's just may have both this year.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#18 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

I agree we haven't been putting up runs, but we got swept by the dodgers, best record in the NL, our closer is hurt, zimm is on the DL and Morse to, so I don't think we will be having these issues when we get them back.

#19 Go Os

Go Os

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

I agree we haven't been putting up runs, but we got swept by the dodgers, best record in the NL, our closer is hurt, zimm is on the DL and Morse to, so I don't think we will be having these issues when we get them back.

Yes, but injuries count. This is what plagues teams like the Nats, Orioles, etc... they get on a run but then a couple of players go down and everything falls apart. The Yankees just plug in the next $15mil a year free agent.

#20 ajc54terp

ajc54terp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Yes, but injuries count. This is what plagues teams like the Nats, Orioles, etc... they get on a run but then a couple of players go down and everything falls apart. The Yankees just plug in the next $15mil a year free agent.

I get that, but they are the two of the best slugger's on the team, the problem is not having a true lead off guy, and espinosa keeps playing like this he might have to look over his shoulder soon with rendon, and possibly Lombardozzi pushing him out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users