Adam Schein: Fox sports/sirius NFL: A+
Vinny Iyer Sporting News: A-
Pete Prisco CBS sportsline: B+
Chris Burke: SI.com: B
John Czarnecki Fox Sports: B
Mel Kiper: B
Jeff Zrebiec: B
Rob Rang: The Sports exchange: B-

Locker combo guy "These guys are idiots and Ozzie slurpers. Ravens are hideous morons who will win 4 games"
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#2 shocksyde

shocksyde

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yet you'll still hear some Ravens fans complaining. At least maybe this will quiet them a little bit.

And Locker Combo... well... he's Locker Combo...

If the Ravens got an average grade of a B+ that MUST mean the Colts average is something like A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++.

#3 Aclobat

Aclobat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

How many of these people work for Bristol?

#4 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

"I've been in a lot of draft rooms,'' Grigson said, "and I've seen people reach way down, into the bowels of the draft board, to fill a need position. Then, once they come in and get in pads and they start playing, you figure you really haven't solved the problem you needed to solve. So we targeted some [defensive] guys, but when we couldn't get them, we had players on our board we knew could help us, and help us now.

"There are teams I've followed over the years and admired. Baltimore stays true to its principles and drafts smart. I've looked up to Ozzie Newsome, and he doesn't force things, even when I'm sure he feels the temptation to fill glaring needs. Instead of emotion getting in the way, he follows his board. Look where the Ravens are. They contend every year for the Super Bowl.

-Ryan Grigson

http://sportsillustr...mmqb/index.html

Looking forward to seeing Numbers' spin on this.

#5 44Defense

44Defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I give the Ravens a c+. Upshaw may play this year but his height concerns me. Word on the street is the reason he dropped was due to off the field issues. I think they thought they were getting kontz or the Lb from Nebraska and scrambled for their second pick. I don't like this guy. He is really soft. 3rd pick is pretty solid not sure he can play special teams but can spell Ray Rice and is good around the goal line. Never seen the 4th round guys play but it sounds like they are D1 players that left school to play more at d1AA. Maybe they will be Webb and flacco. ASA may make the practice squad or be a ST player. Good draft considering they did not have a 1st round pick but not sexy.

#6 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

DeCosta admitted alot of guys we liked got drafted just before we picked in almost the whole draft. Konz was there in 1st rd, we wanted him in the 2nd. Guys we loved in 1st rd hoping to fall were DeCastro,Hightower and Mercilus.

#7 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

How many of these people work for Bristol?

Only ONE of them....and he is an unabashed and blatent Ravens homer who is getting phased out for a younger and more adept evaluator.

The absence of anyone prominent from Bristol/NFLN on that list should tell you all you need to know about those grades' validity.

#8 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Only ONE of them....and he is an unabashed and blatent Ravens homer who is getting phased out for a younger and more adept evaluator.

The absence of anyone prominent from Bristol/NFLN on that list should tell you all you need to know about those grades' validity.

Is Ryan Grigson a Ravens' homer? Or should we ignore him because he's not from Bristol/NFLN?
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#9 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

If Sergio Kindle can become the player they thought he was that's Suggs, Kruger, Kindle and Upshaw as our pass rushers with Cody and Ngata plugging the middle. Then there's Webb, Smith and Williams in coverage. Did I forget anyone??? Oh yea, Ray and Ed!!!

Scary.

I'd hate to be an opposing QB. LOL.

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,660 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Seriously, The Sun should just rename the Ravens forum to "Numbers" and the Orioles forum to "Moonsters"...

Complain about the trolls, yet every third post from someone actually INVITES them to reply. :confused: Strange...

I think the ultimate verdict on whether the draft was good or not will be in 2 or 3 years. If 2 or 3 of these guys are serious, positive contributors... it's a good draft. If 3 or 4 are, with one being in the all-pro discussion, it's a great draft. That's really what you need to make sure you get on a yearly basis, 2 to 4 guys who stick and become real "plus" guys with a lot of playing time. They don't ALL have to hit...
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#11 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

It's always 2 different grades: the immediate grades are based on value: did you get a guy in the 2nd you could have drafted in the 5th? And vice versa. And did you "fill holes". 3 years from now all anybody will care about is how many good players did you get.

#12 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

-Ryan Grigson

http://sportsillustr...mmqb/index.html

Looking forward to seeing Numbers' spin on this.

LOL....Cletus, every team contends for the Super Bowl every year. However, the Ravens haven't even played in one in what 19 years.:rolleyes:

#13 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

LOL....Cletus, every team contends for the Super Bowl every year. However, the Ravens haven't even played in one in what 19 years.:rolleyes:

Right. The Colts contended for a Super Bowl last season. Moron

#14 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Every team makes the playoffs each year? I think that is required to contend for the Super Bowl.

#15 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Right. The Colts contended for a Super Bowl last season. Moron

They actually did Cletus. So did the other 31 teams. They only difference in the Colts and Ravens were that the ravens were eliminated in the playoffs. Neither team contended for the Super Bowl in your view, right Cletus.:rolleyes:

#16 Tru Dat

Tru Dat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Every team makes the playoffs each year? I think that is required to contend for the Super Bowl.

LOL....what a narrow minded make my own rules twit.;)

#17 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,845 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

They actually did Cletus. So did the other 31 teams. They only difference in the Colts and Ravens were that the ravens were eliminated in the playoffs. Neither team contended for the Super Bowl in your view, right Cletus.:rolleyes:

I think you have been drinking too much of that anti freeze out of the General "Cletus".....
You seriously need to lay off the cocaine..... If I goto the NFL's website and look up Playoffs from last year, I wont see the colts name in it all. You should just delete your account for posting the DUMBEST post ever, despite having the right too.
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

LOL....what a narrow minded make my own rules twit.;)

In your mind, the Browns and the Redskins must have been serious contenders last year. I guess the Orioles are contenders every year in baseball.

#19 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

In your mind, the Browns and the Redskins must have been serious contenders last year. I guess the Orioles are contenders every year in baseball.

No.....they are pretty much the exception to that rule....esp in that division.

#20 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

No.....they are pretty much the exception to that rule....esp in that division.

The Browns haven't won a playoff game since 1994. And haven't been to the playoffs since 2002. Clearly contenders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users