• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

V Leach already campaigning on Twitter for us to sign him. Hopefully DeCosta is wrong and we will consider adding a WR
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#2 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

V Leach already campaigning on Twitter for us to sign him. Hopefully DeCosta is wrong and we will consider adding a WR

I think it was smokescreen when he said that, the roster is always fluid (you should know better than that Moon LOL, joking). Jones would be a better version of David Reed as long as he isn't the guy who helped the Ravens in the playoff game lol.

#3 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I didn't take it as a smokescreen because he admitted we are looking for OL and DL why lie about WR?

#4 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

I think it was smokescreen when he said that, the roster is always fluid (you should know better than that Moon LOL, joking). Jones would be a better version of David Reed as long as he isn't the guy who helped the Ravens in the playoff game lol.

He is.

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#5 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

He is.

Too bad he didn't play for Denver eh?:D

#6 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

I didn't take it as a smokescreen because he admitted we are looking for OL and DL why lie about WR?

What I'm basically saying is what if one of their WRs gets hurt between now and the start of the season, the need for a WR becomes greater. I think right now they want to give the young WRs a chance to get reps and prove themselves. Adding a veteran Olineman is a little more important than adding a veteran WR right now (emphasis on right now), they may have soured on adding another veteran WR since that hasn't worked out so well (Houshmanzadeh, Evans). I'll also add this, if Joe Flacco is the "best QB in the NFL" then he needs to elevate Doss, Smith, Williams and Streeter to another level, elite QBs make young or unknown WRs much better.

#7 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

if

What I'm basically saying is what if one of their WRs gets hurt between now and the start of the season, the need for a WR becomes greater. I think right now they want to give the young WRs a chance to get reps and prove themselves. Adding a veteran Olineman is a little more important than adding a veteran WR right now (emphasis on right now), they may have soured on adding another veteran WR since that hasn't worked out so well (Houshmanzadeh, Evans). I'll also add this, if Joe Flacco is the "best QB in the NFL" then he needs to elevate Doss, Smith, Williams and Streeter to another level, elite QBs make young or unknown WRs much better.

I'd take Gaffney instead but he's too expensive then Jones should be considered. I don't think they should sleep on Gaff because there other teams that didn't draft need wr. I suspect they may have a hidden gem in the un-drafted. The dude with 4.2 speed comes to mind. You can't teach blazing speed. Gaffney would be another slot type to spell Boldin in our offensive scheme of things. They can't handle the overload on the defense. Trust and believe. The rookie corner's will get all crossed up. "which way do we go"

The bonus would be to stick it to numbers, he could stick to the foreskins and ole dudes, mom well.......................................to know what bout to say......
See yah in the morning numbers........................but close your door:rolleyes:

#8 AVATAR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

It better be a smokescreen. To say your not looking really sounds kinda dumb and arrogant. They liked the same guys last year and got limited receiving production. I hope it's a ploy to get the un-drafted players signed see the cap and make some adjustments in there evaluations. Un-drafted players cost money too.;)

#9 SteelFaninBMore

SteelFaninBMore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,932 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Too bad he didn't play for Denver eh?:D

Ha. Wouldn't have made a difference, you know Denver had God on their side that night. Jones could have fumbled every punt return and it would have bounced right back into his hands. :P

Steelers are the new Duke.

Welcome to the "America's most hated teams" club, Pittsburgh.

"I just want to be the same guy every time....the villain." -Joey Porter

#10 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

Well.....just as is the case w/Jabbar...why would Jones consider the Ravens? Especially considering he had Shaub throwing to him last year. Jabbar didn't have that luxury of anyone close to that level.....but still he'll likely be looking for a bigger upgrade than your QB...as will Jacoby.

#11 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Well.....just as is the case w/Jabbar...why would Jones consider the Ravens? Especially considering he had Shaub throwing to him last year. Jabbar didn't have that luxury of anyone close to that level.....but still he'll likely be looking for a bigger upgrade than your QB...as will Jacoby.

For such a terrible QB, you sure do spend a lot of time talking about Flacco.

As for Schaub, has he ever played an entire season? Franchise QBs like him and Vick are awesome, especially when they are injured on the bench.

#12 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Was this the guy that fumbled the punt on the 3 yard line that Jimmy Smith recovered?

#13 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Was this the guy that fumbled the punt on the 3 yard line that Jimmy Smith recovered?

Yes that was indeed one Jacoby Jones, his fumble led to the Ravens getting good field position and an easy touchdown.

#14 RestonRaven

RestonRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

There is a whole lot of training camp and waiver wire to go. No need to pull the trigger now when you don't know who will be out there come late August. The Ravens have been adept at getting quality players at that time through the wire or trades.

#15 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

As for Schaub, has he ever played in a Conference Championship Game? Has he ever played in an NFL playoff game of any kind?
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#16 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

As for Schaub, has he ever played in a Conference Championship Game? Has he ever played in an NFL playoff game of any kind?

Oh come one now....no need being cute w/trick ?s. We all know he'd have been in there against the Ravens this past Jan.....and likely would have beaten them.

#17 Guest_crabsnbeer_*

Guest_crabsnbeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

Oh come one now....no need being cute w/trick ?s. We all know he'd have been in there against the Ravens this past Jan.....and likely would have beaten them.

http://talk.baltimor...ad.php?t=316003

#18 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm sure he'd be as successful as Matt Ryan. :D

That's the crazy thing about football. Games are decided by players on the field, not hypotheticals about injured players. :cool:

#19 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm sure he'd be as successful as Matt Ryan. :D

That's the crazy thing about football. Games are decided by players on the field, not hypotheticals about injured players. :cool:

That sposed to be funny? :confused:

I'm thinking a number of QBs....not least of which is one in particular.....would kill to have the kind of career Matty Ice has had to date.

#20 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

That sposed to be funny? :confused:

I'm thinking a number of QBs....not least of which is one in particular.....would kill to have the kind of career Matty Ice has had to date.

I think it's funny. Has Matt Ryan won a playoff game?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users