• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 44Defense

44Defense

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

If Brian Roberts is cleared to play what should the birds do??? Andino is a gamer. There is no way they should bench him. Can they move Andino to third or do they trade Roberts. I like Brian Roberts but I don't C the birds starting him ahead of Andino. Any thoughts??? Go Birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Maybe start Roberts back at DH?

#3 gottselig2004

gottselig2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,889 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

If Brian Roberts is cleared to play what should the birds do??? Andino is a gamer. There is no way they should bench him. Can they move Andino to third or do they trade Roberts. I like Brian Roberts but I don't C the birds starting him ahead of Andino. Any thoughts??? Go Birds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you answered your own question in one word "if"

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,763 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

I don't see them sitting Andino...they will probably try to DH Roberts.
The more interesting question is...where would he bat in the lineup?

The lineup with an effective Roberts could be almost scary.

Reimold
Roberts
Nick
AJ
Wieters
Davis
JJ
Reynolds/Betemit
Andino

There's no real break in that lineup, except maybe Reynolds.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

any timetable on Brobs return ?

Hopefully Reimolds injury is nothing serious that sends him to the DL. He's off to a real good start

#6 gottselig2004

gottselig2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,889 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

I don't see them sitting Andino...they will probably try to DH Roberts.
The more interesting question is...where would he bat in the lineup?

The lineup with an effective Roberts could be almost scary.

Reimold
Roberts
Nick
AJ
Wieters
Davis
JJ
Reynolds/Betemit
Andino

There's no real break in that lineup, except maybe Reynolds.

Roberts is the only lead off hitter on our roster until Avery is ready

#7 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

IF Roberts gets back to playing it will be a long slow process with most if not all of the early games coming at DH. Andino's job as an every day player will be in no danger whatsoever and as for trading Brian, that is a joke, he has no trade value and if he does not get back to playing he will be given a job in the O's organisation, probably for life if he wants it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#8 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

IF Roberts gets back to playing it will be a long slow process with most if not all of the early games coming at DH. Andino's job as an every day player will be in no danger whatsoever and as for trading Brian, that is a joke, he has no trade value and if he does not get back to playing he will be given a job in the O's organisation, probably for life if he wants it.

And, Andino is better with the glove at 2nd now too. No way they move Robert for Roberts. With 1.8 years left on his contract, Roberts will be lucky to get a few starts at DH before he finds himself looking for employment elsewhere. At what he makes, we should all be so lucky.

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Roberts will not play this year. And he shouldn't.
The kids are alright.

#10 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

I don't know if it is just me but the glimpses you get of Roberts in the dugout he looks like a shell of his former self without that ever present sparkle in his eyes and mischievous look on his face. But teammates and talking heads report differently of him at batting practice and taking ground balls etc. We will have to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. Jacques Yves Cousteau.

#11 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Andino can play third, and probably better than anyone on the team. I'd like to see him move over to third, Brian go home to 2nd, Johnson DFA.

In a perfect world.

#12 jabba2

jabba2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Doubtful Roberts will ever be back. I think Duquette knows Roberts days as a starting 2B are over. DH possibly.

#13 Joy in Mudville

Joy in Mudville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,959 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

Roberts will probably start playing around the all star break.

I could see a couple of starts at DH and batting ninth but he'll eventually return to 2nd base, Andino to 3rd, Reynolds to 1st, and Davis to 1st/dh.

#14 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,488 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I could see a couple of starts at DH and batting ninth but he'll eventually return to 2nd base, Andino to 3rd, Reynolds to 1st, and Davis to 1st/dh.

I'm not sure if there are stats (or enough stats) to support this, but Davis seems like the better deffensive choice at 1B. her certainly looks more comfortable in the field than Reynolds does.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#15 Byng

Byng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Reynolds has proved himself to be a very serviceable defender at 1st. base and I think that if he gets regular playing time at that position his overall confidence and feeling of self-worth will increase substantially and his confidence at the plate will benefit no-end! I am just not sure what that would do for Davis, who's confidence seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. Joe Girardi in an interview yesterday was commenting on how well Davis is playing and what a good trade that was.

#16 durango46

durango46

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,955 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Do you know this to be true or are you speculating ? just curious when and if he's coming back.

#17 cealex1223

cealex1223

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Can't imagine BRob ever plays another inning in MLB. Have you seen him lately (TV or in person?), it looks like he's lost 20 pounds.

#18 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,327 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I don't think Roberts will ever play again. If he can't even watch a full game without concussion setbacks, how will he ever be able to play in a game?

#19 dandrews

dandrews

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

3rd base!!!!!

#20 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,068 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

Waiting on Roberts is like waiting for Jimmy Hoffa to come home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users