Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob

Josh Bell catches fire after trade

30 posts in this topic

Before trade at (AAA) Norfolk:

AVG: .094 (3 for 32)

HR: 1

RBI: 3

2B: 2

BB: 7

K: 8

OBP: .256

SLG: .250

OPS: .506

Since for (AAA) Reno:

AVG: .471 (16 for 34)

HR: 2

RBI: 11

2b: 2

BB; 2

K: 2

OBP: .500

SLG: .706

OPS: 1.206

Maybe the problem was with the coaching and instruction he was getting at Norfolk. Or maybe he just needed a change of scenery.

Hits were mostly singles, still has hands of stone and limited mobility at 3rd and he runs like Benji Molina. At least Reynolds can run a little.

Of all the O's positions, since Brooks left, 3rd has been weakest. DeCinces was OK and Ripken provided a few years of adequate service once he shifted over but the one position that has proven most difficult to fill is the hot corner here in Baltimore.

Probably would have happened in Norfolk as well. That batting average was going to average out sooner or later.

Hits were mostly singles, still has hands of stone and limited mobility at 3rd and he runs like Benji Molina. At least Reynolds can run a little.

Of all the O's positions, since Brooks left, 3rd has been weakest. DeCinces was OK and Ripken provided a few years of adequate service once he shifted over but the one position that has proven most difficult to fill is the hot corner here in Baltimore.

Mora was pretty good

First-base has been a glaring weakness too, as far as player development and long-term solutions.

Other than Eddie Murray and Palmeiro, everyone else was a "stopgap." A stopgap for what, I dont know.

First-base has been a glaring weakness too, as far as player development and long-term solutions.

Other than Eddie Murray and Palmeiro, everyone else was a "stopgap." A stopgap for what, I dont know.

I think Davis looks pretty good right now. I cant believe we giot him and Hunter for a half year relief rental.

first-base has been a glaring weakness too, as far as player development and long-term solutions.

Other than eddie murray and palmeiro, everyone else was a "stopgap." a stopgap for what, i dont know.

boooooog

boooooog

Gentile to Powell to May to Murray to Milligan to Palmeiro to Conine to Palmeiro to Millar. That's not too bad if you drop Millar and pretend Milligan had power.

Gentile to Powell to May to Murray to Milligan to Palmeiro to Conine to Palmeiro to Millar. That's not too bad if you drop Millar and pretend Milligan had power.

Millar wasn't even that bad.

PCL is a hitters league and I don't think he sucked on purpose when he was up with the O's. Anyways, in tonight's game with Arizona he's 0-2, with 2 Ks and he has made an error at 3B.

PCL is a hitters league and I don't think he sucked on purpose when he was up with the O's. Anyways, in tonight's game with Arizona he's 0-2, with 2 Ks and he has made an error at 3B.

You don't have to be doing it on purpose to let your emotions get the better of you and under-perform.

His emotions? What, like being annoyed to be traded to a bad team? Beats me. 1-3 tonight now, single.

His emotions? What, like being annoyed to be traded to a bad team? Beats me. 1-3 tonight now, single.

Who knows. Depression, Anger, Passive-aggresion, etc. People don't always act in their best interest when they are unhappy.

Mora WAS good and so was Tejada. Let them both go, and Koji too.

We lost the game to the Red Sox. 8-6. This is what we get for letting Koji go (a great closer) and keeping Gregg, a rotten closer. Must have been about money. Angelos paid a lot for Gregg, and by George he was gonna keep him even though he was horrible.

Has Josh been hitting against the "great Cliff Lee" over in Reno? Josh owns Lee.

Probably happy to be w/a winning franchise. And to go from toiling in Baltimore (however briefly) to potentially settling in in Phoenix? Motivation in and of its self. Snakes may have unearthed a steal.

We lost the game to the Red Sox. 8-6. This is what we get for letting Koji go (a great closer) and keeping Gregg, a rotten closer. Must have been about money. Angelos paid a lot for Gregg, and by George he was gonna keep him even though he was horrible.

Lol this is hilarious

Mora was done when we let him pursue free agency. Tejada we didn't let go, we traded. Koji we traded for our first basemen.

You don't have a clue do you.