Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hector

2012 predictions

32 posts in this topic

Just checking in to gloat about my 2012 prediction. My prediction of 95 wins appears a bit low since the O's are on pace for about 104 victories. Bad as it was, my prediction was far more accurate than any other poster and that says a lot about the wisdom of age and experience in all matters analytical.

Have a great day.

That's one way to jinx it.

While this has been quite a pleasant suprise, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still 5 months of baseball. And the Orioles need to prove they can play well post All Star break.

While this has been quite a pleasant suprise, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's still 5 months of baseball. And the Orioles need to prove they can play well post All Star break.

Which they won't.

Which they won't.

Given your track record of predictions, maybe they will.

As I predicted before the season, one reason for the O's vastly improved record would be the serious decline by the Red Sox. The Red Sox 2011 collapse led to the removal of booze and the addition of Valentine. These decisions had to lead to disaster in 2012. Common sense dictates that any team hiring Bobby Valentine should increase the amount of booze in the clubhouse, not remove it.

I also predicted the Yankees would be in decline in 2012. The below expectations performance of vastly overpaid "super-stars" (Arod and Tex) were real negatives as was the spotty pitching once you get past CC.

I was absolutely right (as usual) on both of these assessments and the O's are the beneficiaries of what now looks like a mediocre AL East.

As I predicted before the season, one reason for the O's vastly improved record would be the serious decline by the Red Sox. The Red Sox 2011 collapse led to the removal of booze and the addition of Valentine. These decisions had to lead to disaster in 2012. Common sense dictates that any team hiring Bobby Valentine should increase the amount of booze in the clubhouse, not remove it.

I also predicted the Yankees would be in decline in 2012. The below expectations performance of vastly overpaid "super-stars" (Arod and Tex) were real negatives as was the spotty pitching once you get past CC.

I was absolutely right (as usual) on both of these assessments and the O's are the beneficiaries of what now looks like a mediocre AL East.

I don't know if I'd say the AL East is mediocre now. Looking at the standings, still the strongest division (NL East close 2nd) with 4 of 5 over .500 and the Red Sox slightly below.

The Red Sox were bad last year in April and September, and probably best team in the other 4 months.

I don't know if I'd say the AL East is mediocre now. Looking at the standings, still the strongest division (NL East close 2nd) with 4 of 5 over .500 and the Red Sox slightly below.

The Red Sox were bad last year in April and September, and probably best team in the other 4 months.

I predict the Bosox will be very good this weekend. Perfectly good in fact. ;)B)

Time will tell. Given their performances to date, I think it's highly unlikely that either the Red Sox or Yankees will win 90 games this year. Toronto will probably win 75 to 80 games. Tampa Bay is harder to predict. They'll benefit from the collapse of the Yankees and Red Sox just as the O's will. They helped their offense a lot by adding Pena and Scott but it's still hard to picture Tampa winning more than 90 games. The door is wide open for the O's and they will charge through it. The O's are a lock for at least the 95 wins that I so amazingly predicted.

I predict the Bosox will be very good this weekend. Perfectly good in fact. ;)B)

Highly unlikely. The Red Sox just rolled over and died in their series against the "powerful" Oakland A's and Youkilis is on the disabled list with a strained sulking muscle which resulted from Valentine criticizing his performance.

The Red Sox have quit for two reasons - Valentine is an egotistical idiot and the players are suffering from booze withdrawal.

Highly unlikely. The Red Sox just rolled over and died in their series against the "powerful" Oakland A's and Youkilis is on the disabled list with a strained sulking muscle which resulted from Valentine criticizing his performance.

The Red Sox have quit for two reasons - Valentine is an egotistical idiot and the players are suffering from booze withdrawal.

I dunno about the latter part.....but yes....Bobby can definitely be a twerp. Still....I hardly think the Bosox are 'quitting' this soon into it.

I mean.....they were written off around this time last yr too. And if it wasn't for the unthinkable they would have cruised right into the post-season.

Just checking in to gloat about my 2012 prediction. My prediction of 95 wins appears a bit low since the O's are on pace for about 104 victories. Bad as it was, my prediction was far more accurate than any other poster and that says a lot about the wisdom of age and experience in all matters analytical.

Have a great day.

And all without Vlad! Who would have thunk it?

Have a great day.

You can't take all the credit hector, I was right there with you in omniscience. ;)

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showpost.php?p=7986097&postcount=53

hector obviously flunked Statistics 101.

No no, he's so smart that he wrote the syllabus for the class. They now call it "Hectoring 101."

man, time flies. it seems like only a few weeks ago I was watching the opening day ceremonies. can you believe the O's won 104 games this season. where does the time go, it's Oct already....no wait it's only May 3.

man, time flies. It seems like only a few weeks ago i was watching the opening day ceremonies. Can you believe the o's won 104 games this season. Where does the time go, it's oct already....no wait it's only may 3.

ha ha ha ha ha

No no, he's so smart that he wrote the syllabus for the class. They now call it "Hectoring 101."

I'm far too humble to call myself smart. Genius perhaps, but not smart.

hector obviously flunked Statistics 101.

I was never allowed to take any 101 class. Too easy.

You're really taking this seriously? Aside from obviously being trolling, he's saying we're better because the Sox are worse.

We haven't played them yet.

You're really taking this seriously? Aside from obviously being trolling, he's saying we're better because the Sox are worse.

We haven't played them yet.

Since when is praising the O's in an O's talk forum trolling? As for the Sox, I've seen parts of about 10 of their games on MLB Extra Innings and they're pathetic and just going through the motions.

I dunno about the latter part.....but yes....Bobby can definitely be a twerp. Still....I hardly think the Bosox are 'quitting' this soon into it.

anybody who knows their Red Sox history knows the team historically has come on gangbusters early on, and fades like a fart in the wind towards the end of the season.

And if it wasn't for the unthinkable they would have cruised right into the post-season.

Uh, not the "unthinkable"....for you, it's the UNSAYABLE....you obviously cannot say out loud/ADMIT the Orioles took 2 out of 3 against a Boston team that was playing "MUST-WIN" games, and kept them from going to the playoffs....hahahahahahahaha

anybody who knows their Red Sox history knows the team historically has come on gangbusters early on, and fades like a fart in the wind towards the end of the season.

Uh, not the "unthinkable"....for you, it's the UNSAYABLE....you obviously cannot say out loud/ADMIT the Orioles took 2 out of 3 against a Boston team that was playing "MUST-WIN" games, and kept them from going to the playoffs....hahahahahahahaha

Anybody who boozed it up steadily pretty much every day for six months would "fade like a fart in the wind" too. Bobby V came to the rescue and took away the booze and the Red Sox are cellar-dwellers in the AL East. There must be a moral to the story somewhere.

Have a great day.

It amazes me that you would admit you are here to gloat after less than a quarter of the season has been played. I’m wondering if you will still be here when others come to gloat after the O’s collapse which is coming!! :rolleyes:

It amazes me that you would admit you are here to gloat after less than a quarter of the season has been played. I’m wondering if you will still be here when others come to gloat after the O’s collapse which is coming!! :rolleyes:

The collapse has already happened - it's in Boston and New York. From watching their games, it's obvious they're going through the motions and have already quit for this year. The Red Sox have disdain for Valentine and miss their booze and the Yankees are another year older with mediocre pitching and weak hitting.

The fact that you keep posting this shows you're not a very secure Yankee fan. Baltimore actually wins a few games and we want to enjoy it, yet you have to keep showing up trying to ruin it.

What's the matter, the loser Orioles have you nervous? Clearly.