Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajc54terp

Harper

309 posts in this topic

Harper is looking like the real deal, beltway series anyone?:rolleyes: who am i kidding the nats couldn't score with a whore down at the block;)

Great looking prospect. Will probably be a great player.

Still a huge dou che.

Cool story about him at a softball game on the National Mall the other day.

Link

They need to send espinosa down he is useless this year and let the kid from atholton play 2b when zimm comes back, he made two great plays at third yesterday and he's hitting .296 for the year

The kid has a cannon for a arm.

He threw out jerry hairston jr in first game in LA, but hairston made a great play and knocked the ball out of ramos' glove, and the one at nats park on the sac fly, was just a bad blown call by the home ump, with him ankiel and werth in the OF there won't be to many extra bases taken on hits.

Adam Jones > Harper

Nolan Reimold > Harper

Nick Markakis > Harper

Matt Wieters > Harper

Any questions?.......................Thought not.

TM

adam jones > harper

nolan reimold > harper

nick markakis > harper

matt wieters > harper

any questions?.......................thought not.

rofl.

Adam Jones > Harper

Nolan Reimold > Harper

Nick Markakis > Harper

Matt Wieters > Harper

TM

I have one. Are you on drugs? :confused:

Adam Jones > Harper

Nolan Reimold > Harper

Nick Markakis > Harper

Matt Wieters > Harper

TM

if that '>' is referring to their age, or years of experience, then yes, you are correct.

if that '>' is referring to their age, or years of experience, then yes, you are correct.

Harper has accomplished nothing in the MLBs that approach what these guys do.

TM

TM

Right.....as he's been in the bigs forever. What is this...his 6th full day? Wow.....he's a grizzly vet!

:rolleyes:

I think the Nats are taking a huge risk playing Harper this early. If for only being the fact they will lose him to the Yankees or Dodgers a year sooner because you know Harper is going to leave for the highest bid. Harper gave a stiff shoulder bump to an ump in his secend big league at bat after a fly out. The guy acts very arrogant. He did make a nice throw in that game. But Ramos dropped it. Hairston didnt swat at it until it was already on the ground and it was rolling over home plate. He would have been out if Hairston had touched it while swatting. But Hairston missed the ball so he was safe.

Cool story about him at a softball game on the National Mall the other day.

Link

That's pretty cool actually. I wish him well with the Nats.

From the Ripken story:

“So he is confident. I’ve had a chance to talk to him. Some would say he’s a little bit cocky. And I would rather have someone that’s a little bit cocky coming to the big leagues, that’s not scared, than someone that’s scared.

“I mean, I think I was scared a little bit, coming into that environment, not knowing what to expect. The crowds, 50,000 people, what’s that gonna feel like?"

Guess Harper doesn't have to worry about the crowds!

Right.....as he's been in the bigs forever. What is this...his 6th full day? Wow.....he's a grizzly vet!

:rolleyes:

Well he does have more hits than Nick Johnson already... :D

I think the Nats are taking a huge risk playing Harper this early. If for only being the fact they will lose him to the Yankees or Dodgers a year sooner because you know Harper is going to leave for the highest bid. Harper gave a stiff shoulder bump to an ump in his secend big league at bat after a fly out. The guy acts very arrogant. He did make a nice throw in that game. But Ramos dropped it. Hairston didnt swat at it until it was already on the ground and it was rolling over home plate. He would have been out if Hairston had touched it while swatting. But Hairston missed the ball so he was safe.

What's the risk, if they had held him back than he wouldn't be able to go to arbitration as soon, and this is the nats we are talking about, not the O's, they have been more than willing to shell out money since bowden was fired, yeah he might end up a yankee, but that won't be for at least 6 years.

Adam Jones > Harper

Nolan Reimold > Harper

Nick Markakis > Harper

Matt Wieters > Harper

TM

Do you know of anyone else who believes that? No one on MLB.com believes that nor on baseballamerica, sports illustrated or any reputable journalist.

That is an unreasonable and irrational statement made to invite vitriolic responses.

I salute you, Sir Troll. You have lowered the integrity of the internet

Do you know of anyone else who believes that? No one on MLB.com believes that nor on baseballamerica, sports illustrated or any reputable journalist.

That is an unreasonable and irrational statement made to invite vitriolic responses.

I salute you, Sir Troll. You have lowered the integrity of the internet

Is your post a "vitriolic response?"

TM

Clearly you are impressed by or scared of him. Otherwise, why would you compare a kid who's been in the bigs for a week versus players with 3+ years of experience. :confused:

Clearly you are impressed by or scared of him. Otherwise, why would you compare a kid who's been in the bigs for a week versus players with 3+ years of experience. :confused:

Harper brings with him the same very high expectations that came with Matt Weiters when he was first promoted to the O's. If either Harper or Weiters were on the market, practically every other team in MLB would want them. They're very special talents and that's obvious to almost anyone remotely familiar with baseball.

Game winning RBI double last night...hitting .375 and 4 doubles in 6 games, and they need to move detwiler up a spot in the rotation, jackson has been the most vulnerable.