• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Tell Baltimore I'll be running out the tunnel in October. Injury is high by my calf so 4-6 months.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#2 LarryN

LarryN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

The Achilles is not 'high in the calf'. I guess an official diagnosis would be helpful for fans to determine how upset and panicked they should be.
"She's like the ex-girlfriend they're SO over, never want to see again, have already forgotten about -- really, it's O-ver -- but they just can't stop talking about her." --- Ann Coulter, discussing Sarah Palin

#3 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

He is an LB.....not an MD. See you in '13. :o

#4 kris21054

kris21054

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

He is an LB.....not an MD. See you in '13. :o

Hey Locker, I think this might be for you....

http://talk.baltimor...ad.php?t=316003
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

I hope he's right.
The kids are alright.

#6 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

The Achilles is not 'high in the calf'. I guess an official diagnosis would be helpful for fans to determine how upset and panicked they should be.

It does connect to the calf though.
The kids are alright.

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,347 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

WBAL reported on it's 1:00 news that it is a partial tear and he will have surgery on Tuesday and then they will know more. It's possible he could be back second half of the season, but he isn't going to have that same explosiveness and there is a chance he could do more damage. He is still in the prime of his career. It would be stupid of him to rush back. And I don't think the team would risk it either. But until the surgery is done, it is all just speculation.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#8 boulderterp

boulderterp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

WBAL reported on it's 1:00 news that it is a partial tear and he will have surgery on Tuesday and then they will know more. It's possible he could be back second half of the season, but he isn't going to have that same explosiveness and there is a chance he could do more damage. He is still in the prime of his career. It would be stupid of him to rush back. And I don't think the team would risk it either. But until the surgery is done, it is all just speculation.

I've had the same injury. He will be fine. 6 weeks in cast, month in walking cast. Rehab calf with bands, PT, also will have to work muscles around it like quads, glutes and hamstrings. I was actually stronger after, micro tears usually
cause the rupture. Could be blessing in disguise, these are usually time bombs waiting to explode cause of years of use. Glad now than in August. Most likely 6 months. 4 months is way to optimistic, but not impossible. My recovering with full explosion and speed was almost exactly 6 months.

#9 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,447 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

My non-medical-degreed, uninformed opinion :) is that Suggs is probably being aggressively optimistic. But what I DO know is that recovery times for seemingly ALL injuries for pro athletes seem to be shrinking from year to year. I remember when Jamal Lewis went down early in camp in 2001 that just about EVERYBODY was assuming it would be 12 to 18 months before he could even think about playing full speed again, and that he would likely NEVER reach his potential. He was ready to roll before training camp the following season, had a really good 2002, and almost broke the single-season rushing record the year after that. Not that long ago, Lardarius Webb's injury had most folks ruling him out for the following season, and that he'd never be the same... but he was back at full speed well ahead of expectations. Now he's quickly becoming regarded as one of the better CBs in the game. Don't be too quick to rule ANYBODY "out" or "done" (whether it's for one year, or the rest of their career) just hours after an injury goes public.
"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#10 slapshot

slapshot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,463 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've had the same injury. He will be fine. 6 weeks in cast, month in walking cast. Rehab calf with bands, PT, also will have to work muscles around it like quads, glutes and hamstrings. I was actually stronger after, micro tears usually
cause the rupture. Could be blessing in disguise, these are usually time bombs waiting to explode cause of years of use. Glad now than in August. Most likely 6 months. 4 months is way to optimistic, but not impossible. My recovering with full explosion and speed was almost exactly 6 months.

http://espn.go.com/n...don-vows-return

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs told ESPN on Thursday he partially tore his Achilles tendon running a conditioning drill in Arizona but believes he can return by the middle of the 2012 season.

Middle of the season...and that's probably wishful thinking...not to mention he won't be in the best condition.
You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

#11 Local Boy

Local Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Suggs will play if the Ravens are in contention at the end of the year. If not, why would he risk an injury with nothing to gain. It will be as the season goes. In that it will be up to Suggs.
:cool: To be a winner, you have to dedicate yourself to the cause.

#12 jessup270

jessup270

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,919 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Sometimes events like this turn out better than expected.

Remember how the number three Raven's Rookie QB in 2008, got his start?

Number one guy was out for the season, number two guy was sick.

That turned out very well for the team.

Oh, the guy was name Flacco.

OZ must be born under a lucky star, drafting a blue chip LB, signing the team free agent LBs after Johnson leaves and then this Suggs injury comes out of no where.

All in all, Suggs will likely come back in December and be there just in time for the playoff run.

#13 Guest_crabsnbeer_*

Guest_crabsnbeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Tough news for any Ravens fan. I agree that if we are in contention he will play and if not rest for '13

#14 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Tough news for any Ravens fan. I agree that if we are in contention he will play and if not rest for '13

He better get ready for some good old fashioned RNR then. :o

#15 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,932 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Having ruptured both of mine 20 years ago it is a year long process. Fixing it is easy. Crutches for 6 weeks, walking boot for 6. The problem is it still needs time to heal and I knew someone who ruptured his AGAIN a few weeks after surgery.
Time to man up Serigo Kindle.

#16 DColeman

DColeman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,778 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

This message is hidden because 18-87-44-29 is on your ignore list.

Coward.
Baltimore Home of the RAVENS!!
Pittsburgh, Home of the asterisk*. * * * * * *
:D
*tnx Blue ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#17 Guest_crabsnbeer_*

Guest_crabsnbeer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

That is great news! They are a lock to make the playoffs now (based on your past accuracy).

#18 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

We're going to find out how bad Kruger, Kindle and Upshaw want it, they need to step up and they know it. You can't replace TSizzle but you can't have a defeatist mentality either, the Ravens know they have to man up and push forward.

#19 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

Given the Ravens superior drafting and depth the team will be contending for a title whether or not Suggs plays.

It's not like the Ravens are some one trick pony like the Colts whose owner curled up in a ball, popped a few pills and blew up his whole organization when his only decent player gots hurt. :o

Jim Irsay + vodka + twitter = brain dead hick.

#20 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Given the Ravens superior drafting and depth the team will be contending for a title whether or not Suggs plays.

Hahaha. I will remember this post and perhaps bring it back around mid-season or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users