Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

City College and Douglass will showcase new Field Turf in 2012...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DucksCoach

DucksCoach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Will be a good look for Both programs!! Exciting day in Baltimore City Athletics!!

#2 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

Will be a good look for Both programs!! Exciting day in Baltimore City Athletics!!

Looking forward to it Coach.

#3 Buckabee

Buckabee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

When will the construction of the lights start at City? The turf field look really nice. The turf at poly needs to be replaced to many games on it has worn it out. Be nice to see another school get there field renovated.

#4 Gryphon 7598

Gryphon 7598

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

City will not have lights this season. The school was able to afford with the help of the state government the field and the new fence surrounding the stadium. I do not believe that city field will be used like poly field was. I believe only city and a few of the rec teams will use the field.

#5 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

HERE ARE THE PICS....not sure if they will load

http://www.facebook....&type=1

#6 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

City will not have lights this season. The school was able to afford with the help of the state government the field and the new fence surrounding the stadium. I do not believe that city field will be used like poly field was. I believe only city and a few of the rec teams will use the field.

The word is that the lights should be up by the start of the season.

It'll be interesting to see who all gets to use the field but I agree that it won't be used like Poly's.

#7 Buckabee

Buckabee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Is Douglass getting a new turf field at the school, or will all games be played at Coppin?

#8 DucksCoach

DucksCoach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Douglass will be having their own field turf installed and will be completed by the start of the season (Mid August). We had planned on playing our home games at Coppin, but with the announcement of field turf being installed, we will playing at home. No lights are scheduled to be installed this year, but the school will re-visit the idea for 2013...

#9 bleedingorangeandblack

bleedingorangeandblack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,723 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Will the passing league still be run with the news about the turf field just being announced?

Congrats to both programs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] O's new slogan

#10 DucksCoach

DucksCoach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

As of right now...Yes! We are trying to use Coppin of IBE field that isn't being used...(needs to be groomed)...lol

#11 Buckabee

Buckabee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

When do the passing league start? That's good news for douglass and baltimore city. Is this a school venture or did the balt city athletic dept help out?

#12 DucksCoach

DucksCoach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

The passing league is scheduled to start Wednesday (June 13). I'm not sure where the funds came from...just glad the big guy upstairs blessed us! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users