24 replies to this topic

#1 Softbank Orioles

Softbank Orioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:41 PM

http://www.baseball-...id=tillma001chr

Progressively worse over the last 4 years and just awful this season.

What happened?

#2 AntiMoon

AntiMoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,074 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Looked great in the Spring. Velocity was way up. My guess is he can't get his curve over or locate his fastball.
Only 48 days til hockey season.
Only 31 days til football season.

#3 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

I always liked Tillman's talent but he is so all-over-the-place that I am realizing the main issues appear to be between his ears. I would be willing to bet that if he saw a shrink like John Smoltz did he could turn his career completely around.

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,234 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

He sucks. I've only been saying it the last three years
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#5 18-87-44-29

18-87-44-29

Suspended

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:29 AM

Look like one of the calvary :rolleyes: fell off the wagon. Guessing Bergie is about to lose his grip any minute now too (if he hasn't already).

#6 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:38 AM

Look like one of the calvary :rolleyes: fell off the wagon. Guessing Bergie is about to lose his grip any minute now too (if he hasn't already).

• Stop running away like little girl
  • You made the prediction.
  • You were challenged to a wager to back up your mouth.
  • You said "ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, BRING IT."
  • Click the link.
  • http://talk.baltimor...ad.php?t=316003
  • Be a man, not a troll.

#7 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

He sucks. I've only been saying it the last three years

Stop being so vague with your opinions - tell us what you really think about Tillman.

#8 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

No worries. The O's have several serviceable arms in the middle ranks of the minors who need space cleared for them. Thanks for your post. Everytime I read one of yours it has a natural laxative effect! Like morning coffee.

#9 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

No worries. The O's have several serviceable arms in the middle ranks of the minors who need space cleared for them. Thanks for your post. Everytime I read one of yours it has a natural laxative effect! Like morning coffee.

Your laxative comment deserves a response. I was talking to my doctor a few weeks ago and she told me that two causes of constipation are coffee and yogurt. I'd always heard the opposite before the doctor let the truth leak out. Anyway, prune juice works best if anyone out there is carrying around too much poop.

#10 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

The problem with Tillman is that he's not Latino.
The kids are alright.

#11 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

The problem with Tillman is that he's not Latino.

Accident of birth - can't hold that against him. However now that you bring ethnicity into the discussion, there's no doubt that Tillman would have been given far fewer opportunities if he were Latino. It seems obvious that future Hall of Famers who happen to be Latino are given far less respect than folks from other ethnicities.

How long would a Latino be kept around if he posted the same stats as Nick J or Mark R?

#12 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,516 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Accident of birth - can't hold that against him. However now that you bring ethnicity into the discussion, there's no doubt that Tillman would have been given far fewer opportunities if he were Latino. It seems obvious that future Hall of Famers who happen to be Latino are given far less respect than folks from other ethnicities.

How long would a Latino be kept around if he posted the same stats as Nick J or Mark R?

I think you're championing the wrong cause. What about Inuit players? They're given so little respect that there aren't even any in the big leagues.
The kids are alright.

#13 flarkenberry

flarkenberry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

Calvary? Oh my.
The path to baseball wisdom begins here.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

I think you're championing the wrong cause. What about Inuit players? They're given so little respect that there aren't even any in the big leagues.

You're right of course but I'm operating under the theory that baseball executives need to be taught to walk before they run. After the anti-Latino bias is eliminated, I might follow your suggestion and start pushing for more eskimos in MLB.

I think I'm making good progress in fighting the anti-Latino bias - why don't you start pushing the eskimo cause and I'll join you later?

#15 gottselig2004

gottselig2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,889 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

http://www.baseball-...id=tillma001chr

Progressively worse over the last 4 years and just awful this season.

What happened?

Some pitchers pan out others dont.....is this a question?

#16 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Your laxative comment deserves a response. I was talking to my doctor a few weeks ago and she told me that two causes of constipation are coffee and yogurt. I'd always heard the opposite before the doctor let the truth leak out. Anyway, prune juice works best if anyone out there is carrying around too much poop.

This is why I can't bring myself to put you on ignore...roflao
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#17 gottselig2004

gottselig2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,889 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

I let a foot long out every day and remark good morning Hector

#18 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

I let a foot long out every day and remark good morning Hector

I'm truly touched by your emotional attachment but unfortunately (for you) I'm taken.

#19 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

This is why I can't bring myself to put you on ignore...roflao

I'm here to help my fellow posters on matters related to baseball or anything else. If Weenie thinks coffee is a laxative, I need to instruct him otherwise.

#20 gottselig2004

gottselig2004

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,889 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm truly touched by your emotional attachment but unfortunately (for you) I'm taken.

You do realize what i was comparing you to right Hector?

BTW I dont swing that way fella (unfortunately for you)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users