Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Softbank Orioles

What's wrong with Tillman?

25 posts in this topic

Looked great in the Spring. Velocity was way up. My guess is he can't get his curve over or locate his fastball.

I always liked Tillman's talent but he is so all-over-the-place that I am realizing the main issues appear to be between his ears. I would be willing to bet that if he saw a shrink like John Smoltz did he could turn his career completely around.

Look like one of the calvary :rolleyes: fell off the wagon. Guessing Bergie is about to lose his grip any minute now too (if he hasn't already).

Look like one of the calvary :rolleyes: fell off the wagon. Guessing Bergie is about to lose his grip any minute now too (if he hasn't already).

He sucks. I've only been saying it the last three years

Stop being so vague with your opinions - tell us what you really think about Tillman.

No worries. The O's have several serviceable arms in the middle ranks of the minors who need space cleared for them. Thanks for your post. Everytime I read one of yours it has a natural laxative effect! Like morning coffee.

No worries. The O's have several serviceable arms in the middle ranks of the minors who need space cleared for them. Thanks for your post. Everytime I read one of yours it has a natural laxative effect! Like morning coffee.

Your laxative comment deserves a response. I was talking to my doctor a few weeks ago and she told me that two causes of constipation are coffee and yogurt. I'd always heard the opposite before the doctor let the truth leak out. Anyway, prune juice works best if anyone out there is carrying around too much poop.

The problem with Tillman is that he's not Latino.

The problem with Tillman is that he's not Latino.

Accident of birth - can't hold that against him. However now that you bring ethnicity into the discussion, there's no doubt that Tillman would have been given far fewer opportunities if he were Latino. It seems obvious that future Hall of Famers who happen to be Latino are given far less respect than folks from other ethnicities.

How long would a Latino be kept around if he posted the same stats as Nick J or Mark R?

Accident of birth - can't hold that against him. However now that you bring ethnicity into the discussion, there's no doubt that Tillman would have been given far fewer opportunities if he were Latino. It seems obvious that future Hall of Famers who happen to be Latino are given far less respect than folks from other ethnicities.

How long would a Latino be kept around if he posted the same stats as Nick J or Mark R?

I think you're championing the wrong cause. What about Inuit players? They're given so little respect that there aren't even any in the big leagues.

Calvary? Oh my.

I think you're championing the wrong cause. What about Inuit players? They're given so little respect that there aren't even any in the big leagues.

You're right of course but I'm operating under the theory that baseball executives need to be taught to walk before they run. After the anti-Latino bias is eliminated, I might follow your suggestion and start pushing for more eskimos in MLB.

I think I'm making good progress in fighting the anti-Latino bias - why don't you start pushing the eskimo cause and I'll join you later?

Your laxative comment deserves a response. I was talking to my doctor a few weeks ago and she told me that two causes of constipation are coffee and yogurt. I'd always heard the opposite before the doctor let the truth leak out. Anyway, prune juice works best if anyone out there is carrying around too much poop.

This is why I can't bring myself to put you on ignore...roflao

I let a foot long out every day and remark good morning Hector

I let a foot long out every day and remark good morning Hector

I'm truly touched by your emotional attachment but unfortunately (for you) I'm taken.

This is why I can't bring myself to put you on ignore...roflao

I'm here to help my fellow posters on matters related to baseball or anything else. If Weenie thinks coffee is a laxative, I need to instruct him otherwise.

I'm truly touched by your emotional attachment but unfortunately (for you) I'm taken.

You do realize what i was comparing you to right Hector?

BTW I dont swing that way fella (unfortunately for you)

Please talk to your shrink OK. If you wake up every morning and say "good morning Hector," you might be suppressing emotions you don't want to admit you have, eh. If the Canadian health care system doesn't cover shrinks, I'll cover the expense.

Please talk to your shrink OK. If you wake up every morning and say "good morning Hector," you might be suppressing emotions you don't want to admit you have, eh. If the Canadian health care system doesn't cover shrinks, I'll cover the expense.

Health care is free in Canada Hector, education extends outside your own backyard FYI

Health care is free in Canada Hector, education extends outside your own backyard FYI

I grew up 10 miles from the Quebec border and my grandparents were French Canadian. We used to drive up to Jarry Park frequently to watch the Expos in the Gene Mauch, Mack Jones, Ron Hunt, Bill Stoneman, Maury Wills era. Two of my aunts were nuns in Montreal. We used to pick them up and drive them to Vermont for treatment when they got sick because it took too long to get appointments through the government health care system in Quebec.

Back to a more important subject, if the health care system provides free shrinks, please call for an appointment first thing Monday morning eh so you can deal with your "good morning Hector" syndrome.

I grew up 10 miles from the Quebec border and my grandparents were French Canadian. We used to drive up to Jarry Park frequently to watch the Expos in the Gene Mauch, Mack Jones, Ron Hunt, Bill Stoneman, Maury Wills era. Two of my aunts were nuns in Montreal. We used to pick them up and drive them to Vermont for treatment when they got sick because it took too long to get appointments through the government health care system in Quebec.

Back to a more important subject, if the health care system provides free shrinks, please call for an appointment first thing Monday morning eh so you can deal with your "good morning Hector" syndrome.

I accept your apology.....there is no need to expand to the truth so you can feel better about yourself as I understand you are having issues.

hope you feel better hector

Thanks to all. I passed a big "Hector" last night after reading all the responses to my original comment that was intended for locker combo. Yours were most entertaining!