Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Softbank Orioles

Adam Dunn > Mark Reynolds

21 posts in this topic

Dunn:

BA HR RBI OBP  
.247  7 19 .385 

Reynolds:

BA HR RBI OBP
.136 0  3 260 

Mark Reynolds was very much coveted by one person here. He is a player with incredible and historic liabilities in the field

but is counted on to be a basher and home run machine.

So far, he looks like he's dramatically regressed to Adam Dunn meltdown levels. .136? 0 dingers?

Arizona was thrown a highly regarded prospect to be way better than this.

As much as people hate on Adam Dunn, he is hitting for better average,

and brings way more to the table than the fading Reynolds. Just something to think about.

Go O's!

SO

Edit: If you don't get the reference: http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?t=295774

Dunn:

BA HR RBI OBP  
.247  7 19 .385 

Reynolds:

BA HR RBI OBP
.136 0  3 260 

Mark Reynolds was very much coveted by one person here. He is a player with incredible and historic liabilities in the field

So far, he looks like he's dramatically regressed to Adam Dunn meltdown levels. .136? 0 dingers?

and brings way more to the table than the fading Reynolds. Just something to think about.

Go O's!

SO

Mark Reynolds is so bad that even Nick Johnson looks good by comparison. Some genius in the O's front office decided that either of these two bums are more valuable than Hall of Famer Vlad. They should correct their mistake NOW, while the season is still young.

Mark Reynolds is so bad that even Nick Johnson looks good by comparison. Some genius in the O's front office decided that either of these two bums are more valuable than Hall of Famer Vlad. They should correct their mistake NOW, while the season is still young.

You think the Orioles would pony up the bail money?

You think the Orioles would pony up the bail money?

Apparently he's already been sprung. I heard the Diamondbacks were working him out and I assume that it wasn't in the prison yard.

Vlad's altercation in Venezuela could be seen as a career enhancer in some circles. One of my biggest clients in New York is fond of saying - "If you ain't been indicted, you ain't nobody."

When did the NL implement the DH?

They didn't which is why it doesn't make a lot of sense for Arizona to consider Hall of Famer Vlad. The O's, on the other hand, have lowered the standards to the Reynolds/Johnson level and Hall of Famer Vlad (the Impaler) far exceeds those two - individually or combined.

Dunn:

BA HR RBI OBP  
.247  7 19 .385 

Reynolds:

BA HR RBI OBP
.136 0  3 260 

Go O's!

SO

I didn't realize the season was over already. Man that 162 games just flew by, thanks for informing me

They didn't which is why it doesn't make a lot of sense for Arizona to consider Hall of Famer Vlad.

As a pinch hitter? Because he sure can't play the field

As a pinch hitter? Because he sure can't play the field

Right...that's why he said it doesn't make sense for him to go to PHX (and the NL).

Maybe ANA should consider bring him back.....With APu's early slump maybe a guy like VG (whod be back in his comfy element) could take the load off his broad back.

yeah....too bad Vlad can't play the field...

Reynolds is only signed for this year with a small buyout for '13. Dunn still has another 4 years of premium salary to go. I will take Reynolds at DH for now. The White Sox always sign or trade for bad free agents it seems.

Reynolds is only signed for this year with a small buyout for '13. Dunn still has another 4 years of premium salary to go. I will take Reynolds at DH for now. The White Sox always sign or trade for bad free agents it seems.

Wow. A logical comment. Are you lost?

Dunn is leading the league in HRs. When can we sign a bad free agent like that?

The O's will get Dunn when his current contract expires, like Thome.

Nah.....it would be after the contract after his current one. After this current one he'd only be 35. :rolleyes: